Correction and commitments

Ask questions related to applying self forgiveness and walking self corrective application
Matthew Stone

Correction and commitments

Post by Matthew Stone »

I like the part of correction where you say, I stop, I breathe, I realize....

I like the stopping and breatheing, and seeing why I need to stop and breath through having already natrually have done forgviness walking myself through the stopping breatheing realization correction.

But, then there is the commitments part.

I'm still working up to how to use this part, for me the stop and breathe part and realize part is easy because you don't have to put a lot of effort to check that you've done that part because you're stopping and breathing and it's easy because you've stopped and are breatheing and are aware of this.

The commitments part, right now I'm trying to just be creative with my follow through commitment...

I need to be awareness more to my commitments because what I say in my commitments and if I'm actually making sure directly that it's being manifest is lacking.

What are some examples of different commitment statements?

What happens if you don't remember your commit statements?

Can you do a commitment statements that don't require you to remember what the commitment is? Or does that mean it's too vauge?

I will test out more with commitment statements by placing more attention to when I write them, because I'm too reliant on the when and as stop and breathe part, but lacking the more specefic follow through.

I also just need more self forgviness and correction practice in general to get more focused on how the application works.
Leila

Re: Correction and commitments

Post by Leila »

Hey Matthew,

Do you find that this is your general experience or only with regards to particular points?
Personally I have found that the solution is embedded in the problem - similar to how a question in itself holds the answer.
That once you understand the problem, you equally understand the solution as the way forward.
You could look for instance at a machine that malfunctions and isn't working properly. There may be x amount of internal defects requiring repair - and if you don't know to what extent your machine is 'broken' - you won't be able to fix it / come up with an adequate solution.

So that is one dimension you can look at: Am I fully understanding what is that I am living as the 'problem' which is required to be solved?

Another dimension you can look at, which came up especially since you mentioned that the part of 'stopping, breathing and realising' is easy as it doesn't take a lot of effort -- is simply that of: resistance to change.

Throughout the majority of our life we live out the same patterns, the same programs. Like a river that keeps following the same path and embeds itself deeper in the course it takes - it seems unimaginable for the river to suddenly take on a new course/direction - when there's one that's already so deeply embedded and easy to follow. In this dimension, you're primarily working at overcoming habits and integrating new principles/direction in your life - which take time and practice to 'embed' within yourself.

In theDIP Lite course you get walked through how to do self corrective statements. If you haven't done the course already, I suggest you do so - and if you have already, perhaps revise the part on commitment statements.

In the end - the commitment statements are not a magical formula that will ensure change. The commitment statements are a guideline/map/direction that you have to move and will yourself to live.

If you have trouble following through on your commitment statements, it might be because on some level you find that there is 'too much at stake' -- meaning that there are still reasons within yourself as to why you want to hold on to the pattern and not implement the point of change.
This is pretty much the same as the first dimension I wrote out, where you're then not yet in a position where you are fully understanding the point or that there are additional relationships connected to the point that you haven't investigated or explored.

Personally when I find myself in that position, I write my commitment statements regardless - even if I am not sure I 'got the whole picture'. Because I trust that if I don't follow through or make mistakes, that I will go back to the drawing board and specify myself -- and so in time, piece all the puzzle pieces together - and either specify my commitment statements or simply specify my understanding of what back up the commitment statement / what it means to live that particular commitment statement.

If you find that you need more clarification, don't hesitate to post some Self Forgiveness and Commitment statements here so we can work with tangible examples. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
viktor

Post by viktor »

Hi Mathew,

For myself – I have found that the EASIER and more PRACTICAL/GROUNDED my commitment is – the better I will remember it in the moment of correction. Hence – it has been supportive for me to always refer my commitment to a practical action that can be lived in the moment. Let us say that I am working with a fear of voicing myself with and around my boss. After having applied self-forgiveness I would then have designed a commitment statement something like this: 'I commitment myself to breathe and go deep into myself – to relax, while at the same time straightening my shoulders, pushing my chest out, and raising my chin, looking people/my boss into their/his eyes, relax my vocal chords – and when there is an opportunity – to VOICE myself comfortably and naturally.'

Thus, test out for yourself if you are able to make your statements easier, more practical, more grounded, and see if that makes a difference.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Hi Matthew,

When I read your question, I was also going to suggest, as Leila did, to sign up for the DIP Lite course as it walks you through the steps and gives you lots of practice and you get feedback on the writings you submit in the course.

Return to “Self-Forgiveness and Practical Application Questions and Perspectives”