What is Self Forgiveness

Ask questions related to applying self forgiveness and walking self corrective application
CerisePoolman

What is Self Forgiveness

Post by CerisePoolman »

What does Self Forgiveness mean? How does it work?

Share your experiences, understanding and definition of Self Forgiveness
KasperKwan

Re: What is Self Forgiveness

Post by KasperKwan »

Self-forgiveness is the practical, tangible, measurable way to understand my own moods, dispositions, habits, behaviours, and reactions towards myself and my world. Self forgiveness is the switch from praying for God to save me, to being the God to save himself/herself.

Saving your own ass by yourself instead of waiting on my ass for outsiders to save me was a thought that motivated me to practice self forgiveness.

Self forgiveness means understanding that the modern God of my life - my thoughts, words, and deeds - all originates from words, the living proof that the word was God, the word was with God. Self-forgiveness means realizing step by step that my modern God of thoughts is but an emotionalized string of sentences, that I repeated over and over until I mistaken it for me. It means spiting the abomination which is the factors in this world that cause abuse, starting with the apathetic disposition of myself, and self forgiveness is understanding that my apathy was also programmed through words and time: a timeline of words with emotion attached.

Self forgiveness works through the power of one sentence, plus one sentence, until a realization of why and how I came to become a habit/pattern/reaction, and repeat this process as long as necessary to know myself.

Self forgiveness allowed me to come to terms and stand on equal standing with my moods and behaviours, and really pushed the application of asking why to myself, to every aspect of myself, one by one. My moods and old behaviours are not nearly as influential because I have practiced self forgiveness and come to understand more and more about myself, thus creating discipline, will, and commitment which is the opposite of the pure chase for self interest, which is this modern world and culture which lacks commitment in its cultural fabric.
KasperKwan

Post by KasperKwan »

What was attractive about self forgiveness was that it was as effective as I decide it to be - according to the extent of the ruthlessness I enact to being honest with myself, to digging as deep as I possibly can, it really gave me a vision of holding my future with my own hands, my own destiny if you can call it that.

Plus practicing self forgiveness delivered where countless audio books, books, and courses on self improvement failed. Something remains with you after a time of practicing self forgiveness; self improvement literature doesn't do that, nor is it designed to do that. It's mainly a gold rush scenario of finding quick fixes and feel-good advice, but the truth hurts. And if you consider the difference it becomes apparent: with self forgiveness you are exploring the mechanics of how your mind works, reverse engineering the distasteful habits you've accumulated over the years, with mainstream self improvement stuff it's mainly suggestions on what you can do possibly that might work, tips and tricks, various variations of creating reward systems that you can convince yourself to do whatever it is you want to do.
KasperKwan

Post by KasperKwan »

The opportunity cost with self forgiveness is as small as it can possibly be: if it doesn't work, I've practiced on writing about myself like a diary. I lose no money, no friends, not a great amount of time, and writing about myself more specifically than I usually would doesn't warrant any cause for alarm.

That is in contrast with self improvement material that can cost a lot of money over the long term.
Luc St-Amand

Post by Luc St-Amand »

self forgiveness for me is forgiveing myself for the things i know i should not do. By applying common sense and so on. If you dont know where to start forgiving yourself, id suggest starting with your sorrys. To ensure you are never sorry again.
viktor

Post by viktor »

Self-forgiveness is the application of letting go of the misconception that self is a creature of energy, while in reality – we are part of this physical reality and in a body that is made up of flesh – in a world that doesn't operate according to energy - but according to physical movement.

Self-forgiveness is understanding how we created ourselves to be what we are today - and through this we give ourselves the necessary information to be able to not create the same mistakes twice - because the moment we see that thought, we know exactly where it's going to take us - and then we can decide not to go there.

Self-forgiveness is a process of self-creation, where we through the spoken word re-design ourselves as how we'd like to live in this world – who we'd like to be – how we'd like to approach situations, people, moments, and ourselves. Through words we decide upon how we will stand in thought, word and deed.

Self-forgiveness is coming to terms with the past, with who we've been, realizing that all of our lives have been only but a facade covering up the fact that we've not created anything of ourselves - instead we've followed our experiences and accepted and allowed this to be the starting point of our creation.

Self-forgiveness works because words are not only words but the building blocks of life - thus self-forgiveness is in-fact something very real, and potent – and when we speak the forgiveness statement – these words will have an impact both on a physical and mental level – and become part of the brick wall of words that make up our character.

The proof is in the application: If you apply self-forgiveness and you're self-honest – this will have an immediate effect on your physical body and your experience of yourself - proving without shadow of a doubt that self-forgiveness is a trustworthy tool and support in our processes of self-creation.
tormod

Post by tormod »

Self forgiveness is the great key in life to dismantle the old pre-program of self in a most efficient way to re - create and re - design self from/within the unlearning process of placing self in(to) nothingness and to then commit walk inn oneness and equality like back to the very life design of this earth.

Self forgiveness will not work without a (further) purpose of oneness and equality.

Self forgiveness is to set the physical free from mind and energy slaving - so.

Self forgiveness is to make it more easy to breathe, from having energy knots released and sett free.

Self forgiveness is the "magic" medicine to heal self.
Bella

Post by Bella »

self forgiveness is where I in a moment release myself from being a puppet of the system / consciousness (my personal and societal/cultural programming) trapped in energy (positive-negative polarity experiences as emotional-/mental-reactions activating as triggered or otherwise conditioned) -
and so self forgiveness is where I agree to let go of whatever it is that I'm holding onto as 'value' or as something I want 'proven right' or as a fear or an expectation or desire - anything, any energy/mood/state/projection that's keeping me 'trapped' in a mental moment that is not HERE, where I'm trapped in the feeling/emotion I'm holding onto, where I am not the directive principle of my experience, where I am not the direct creator of myself in that moment, but through what I accept and allow; where I'm not taking everything into consideration, where I don't see the whole picture because I'm busy holding onto this 'one' point as it's all I see while I'm 'in it', - but it's so limited, thus limiting

and self forgiveness is where I breathe and ground myself as I realize the above, and where I can see and appreciate that indeed I breathe and that I am here, that I can have a say if I give myself a voice, and so I speak, and as I speak self forgiveness or live self forgiveness - I forgive a limitation I had accepted/allowed about/within myself or my life or my world; and I Give myself the gift of Here, where I can make the decision to live the full potential of life in every moment; within this self forgiveness I in a moment can embrace Life as myself and Give life to myself to be who I truly am as life

self forgiveness is where I remove the weeds or the parasites from what has grown in the garden of my mind-body-being relationship, and water within myself the seed of life from which I as a living being in awareness grow and expand - doing what's best for me, and so what's best for life - and as I grow and expand as LIFE, equally I support LIFE around me
YoganBarrientos

Post by YoganBarrientos »

Well, when I use self-forgiveness, meaning that I forgive myself for something, then that helps me when I see something within me that is harmful to me or others to stop it. I have primarily focused on what I am thinking or feeling inside of myself. Secondarily I have looked at behaviors and habits. The two are quite intertwined, and so its almost necessarily to do it this way.
oneforall

Post by oneforall »

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding self-forgiveness - why are you using specifically the word 'FORGIVE'? I forgive myself... From wikipedia - "Forgiveness is the intentional and voluntary process by which a victim undergoes a change in feelings and attitude regarding an offense, lets go of negative emotions such as vengefulness, with an increased ability to wish the offender well." I understand what self-forgiveness means for you as a concept, I understand how it works and I see benefits of it, I used it myself and it helped me a lot. But if you think of it - why do we use this word? I realized that I gave it my own definition, but I don't think it makes much sense to give all words our own definitions, I think it is better to find some common definitions of words that we can use to communicate with each other. So here is my question - why the word forgive, if the common definition of forgiveness is that a victim (I don't consider myself victim) changes attitude regarding an offense (I don't perceive it being an offense). For me, for example the word 'REALIZE' woud make much more sense here : I realize that... What is your perspective on this? Thanks

Return to “Self-Forgiveness and Practical Application Questions and Perspectives”