A Decade with Desteni

Destonians Journey as the Desteni of the Universe
viktor

A Decade with Desteni

Post by viktor »

In late 2008 I found videos on Youtube which contained a young female from South Africa explaining ‘reptilian logic’. One of the peculiarities was that the female did not speak in her own personal capacity. In the beginning of the video she breathed out heavily, and then took a deep in-breath, and through this process she was able to portal various forms of expressions in existence to come and speak through her body. I had never seen such a thing up to that point in my life and naturally I was blown away. For several months I was transfixed by these videos, and there were already at this point several hundreds of them, and half a dozen of new videos were uploaded every day. This was how I found DESTENI – and this was the beginning of how I came to change my life completely.

When I found the Desteni videos I was a disillusioned, angry, and lazy young man. I was looking for some kind of adventure and purpose in my life. I really had no idea what I was going to do with myself – however – I knew that I did NOT want to become part of the system – I did not want to spend my life breaking my back in the literal or figurative coal mines of the world. I felt a great resistance towards adults and the life they led and judged them as sellouts – that had given up on their childish drive to express in order to ascertain a secure livelihood. Obviously, at this stage in my life, I was still very much immature, and had not yet understood the demands and pressures of living in this world – because I had always had my survival ensured by my parents – there were always enough money – and thus I could afford to judge and place myself outside of the current money system.

This all changed with Desteni. In late 2009 I decided to travel to South Africa to stay on the Desteni farm for three months. Here I met with Destonians from all kinds of locations and nationalities and with the founder of Desteni, Bernard Poolman. It was during my stay at the farm that I came to see that I did have some severe character problems that I had to change. One of the core issues that I identified was laziness and my tendency to move around aimlessly, without direction, without purpose, doing that which I wanted to do because I found it fun/entertaining, and not caring about contributing towards creating something substantial in my own life, let alone in the lives of others. During my stay at the farm I was encouraged to develop DISCIPLINE and to make a DECISION as to the PURPOSE/DIRECTION of my future life. I made the decision within myself to GO FOR IT – and I utilized the tools of Desteni (self-forgiveness, self-commitment statements and writing yourself to freedom) to push my boundaries and go where I had never gone before.

When I got home I decided upon my direction in life – I studied to improve my marks from college and was later admitted to the university. Here I made it my PURPOSE to LEARN and ACQUIRE as much knowledge and skill as was possible in my given field – and for a period of five years – I was completely engulfed in my studies – and recommitted myself each day to do my utmost. I graduated with grades that reflected my commitment and steadfast application – something that I would NEVER have been able to do without the assistance and support of Desteni, the courses, the support and the tools they offer. The Desteni group, that was always a part of my life, helped me as a reminder, to refocus and continuously bring myself back to that which is IMPORTANT – that which is SUBSTANTIAL – that which actually MATTERS. Because, it is SO easy to get lost in this world. There are temptations everywhere – and so many of us invest extreme amounts of energy, effort, time and money into shallow relationships, short term gratifications such as drugs, alcohol, money and sex – while missing that which is of most pressing importance – WHO WE ARE – and OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH OURSELVES.

Desteni has consistently assisted and supported me to bring myself back to that which is important and significant – that which actually means something on a long term basis. Through the courses and tools offered by Desteni I have been able to empower myself in ways which I could not have imagined. It is truly fascinating to have witnessed and been a part of my own process of transformation – where I have moved myself from an obstinate adolescent – to instead wanting to and being willing to walk in this world – to integrate myself into society and the workforce – so that I am able to contribute and give as I would like to receive.

It is now a Decade since Desteni formed and began producing content aimed at supporting people to make the best out of themselves and their lives. For me, that has been part of this organization for several years at this point, I cannot begin to express how grateful I am to have been given the chance to walk with such a rock solid group of people and to have received their support and guidance. Desteni has given me the opportunity to become and do so much MORE in this life – I have grown and matured as a person which is something that will stay with me for the rest of my life. I now dream about a world where everyone will be given the same opportunity as I have and that is something I will strive to create. Everyone deserves the opportunity to develop themselves and their lives and make something extraordinary out of it – this is what Desteni provides.
Gian

Re: A Decade with Desteni

Post by Gian »

awesome Viktor. thanks for sharing.
Process User 11

Post by Process User 11 »

Word Viktor and my experience as well. Although I was an obstinate grown up when I found Desteni.
viktor

Post by viktor »

lol – cool

Return to “Desteni Witness Blogs: Real Investigative Journalism”