Tolle: Words of Wisdoom

Open for discussion and further support
sandymac

Tolle: Words of Wisdoom

Post by sandymac »

Why this upsets me, 'A simple but radical spiritual practice is to accept whatever arises in the Now -- within & without.' ~E. Tolle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pUtmgk58No
Ann

Re: Tolle: Words of Wisdoom

Post by Ann »

http://agirlsjourneytolife.wordpress.com/

simple but radical spiritual practice is to accept whatever arises in the Now — within & without. ~E. Tolle

aiaiai, Tolle, what are you saying?! Maybe I am missing some important context here. But many people can use this quote as a way to defend their self-intrest and lack of action.

Is it spiritual to accept that abuse on Earth? The corporate bosses exploiting resources and damaging the environment and animals, boosting superficial desires in consumers? The leaders who are doing things which are not best for all? Why should we accept this creation of destruction and manipulation? Sure, accepting it will give you peace of mind. But it wont give your peace of mind if you were actually the one being abused. Tolle’s message seems to be for the elite, those who can live quite comfortably. So I thought, maybe he means: to accept it as something that is here, but not accept it as: accepting it, and allowing it to be here without adressing it. Because if we would accept it, as in: allowing it. Then we are allowing some serious destructive things. They chop the amazone because they need to go along in the capitalist system… accept it They starve because of the global economy… accept it Animals are abused on massive scale to make profit… accept it Children prostitute themselves in some countries in order to survive … accept it Crime that comes from poverty, often creates crime in the countries contributing to the poverty, which then punish the crime not realizing their part in their creation… accept it People get programmed to view each other as objects of lust, that have to fulfill a certain picture ideal… accept it Your used as a slave to the consumption machine, and even pass this on to the children… accept it

Come on…

Let’s now look at “accept whatever arises WITHIN”. We are programmed within a certain culture, people that surround us, media etc… this shapes our “inside”. Eventually this creates certain thoughts popping up in certain moments. It can be gossip, self-judgement or judgement of others, it can be sexual thoughts, or jealousy and so forth. It is not about “accepting” these thoughts. It is about realizing how they are programmed within us and re-aligning ourselves to do what is best for all and best for ourselves. Thus not blind acceptance, but self direction.

If Hitler or Bush said that quote, it would probably be a whole other story. Never just accept a quote from someone you consider to be “spiritual” or “bigger and better”. Always investigate for yourself. Be your own leader.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to use excuses such as believing that everything is in “plan” and “how it is supposed to be”, in order to feel more at ease and better about myself and this world – placing my self intrest above the common good

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to use excuses to keep being ignorant and inactive towards the reality we all co-create daily, and which is greatly abusive to many human beings

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to follow the words of so called “spiritual masters” blindly, without using any common sense or looking at if it is actually best for all – in this I am doing the same as any religious follower

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to justify the abuse in this world by saying that it is all how it is supposed to be

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to do unto another what I wouldnt want to be done unto myself

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to place myself above others

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to devaluate others lives according to the believes I hold

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe others suffer for a divine reason

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe others suffer for a divine reason because it makes life easier for myself, it gives me peace of mind

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to blindly follow the thoughts popping up in my mind

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to blindly follow believes

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not investigate if something is best for all or not

I commit myself to stop the bullshit excuses that the suffering and abuse is all “in a plan”. We are currently simply walking as slaves, slaves to the way we are programmed, determined by our upbringing, culture etc… Suffering in this world, as in : starvation, sweatshop labor, animal exploitation etc… is a deliberate creation of people who want to have profit, a creation of our monetary system. That is the only plan behind it, and it is not divine at all.

I commit myself to stop this system of exploitationa nd bring about a world best for all, where no deliberate abuse is created.

When and as I notice the feelings and believes come up, I stop and breath and do not allow them to control me. I do not allow myself to be a slave of my emotions or follow a thought because it gives me peace of mind.

Return to “2012 Vlogs”