breath and possibly becoming physically self aware

Ask questions related to your individual process or life in the experience of yourself and mind - pertaining to thoughts, emotions, feelings, behaviours, habits etc. This thread is dedicated to those who'd like to understand more about the inner-workings of your own mind and then effects of this on your life and relationships.
breathoflife92

breath and possibly becoming physically self aware

Post by breathoflife92 »

Hello . so as I have been walking breath by breath for about a year now. I have come to this experience of myself , where as I am breath- in, hold , out, in - hold - out,, I have begun to experience a physical awareness in the head mainly the face area. It honestly feels like my brain is changing physically as I just breathe and go breath by breath... I think I have began experiencing my own body/ brain as my own physical without any thoughts feeling emotion participation. Has anyone got to this point yet ?
breathoflife92

Re: breath and possibly becoming physically self aware

Post by breathoflife92 »

It feels as though it is the experience of tension release in the brain I think that's what it is
Anna

Post by Anna »

breathoflife92 wrote:Hello . so as I have been walking breath by breath for about a year now. I have come to this experience of myself , where as I am breath- in, hold , out, in - hold - out,, I have begun to experience a physical awareness in the head mainly the face area. It honestly feels like my brain is changing physically as I just breathe and go breath by breath... I think I have began experiencing my own body/ brain as my own physical without any thoughts feeling emotion participation. Has anyone got to this point yet ?
That's cool. Something I would suggest to keep an eye out for is that sometimes when we expand and change ourselves, the mind intervenes and reacts to the point of change and then generates energy from it and basically makes it a 'mind-point' - like seeing it as special for example, instead of it simply being a natural part of one's process of expanding. In this it then becomes an 'experience of...' for example being more physically aware, but where it's rather an interpretation within the mind than an actual real expression of self.
Marlen

Post by Marlen »

Yep, what Anna said is quite relevant: to not 'mentalize' the point but to rather live it and become it - then it doesn't become that idea or perception of what you think it is that you are experiencing.
It honestly feels like my brain is changing physically as I just breathe and go breath by breath... I think I have began experiencing my own body/ brain as my own physical without any thoughts feeling emotion participation. Has anyone got to this point yet ?
This might be also another perception meaning how you create an idea of 'change' instead of rather realizing the point of awareness and that's it. Another aspect is that the aim of breathing is not 'breathing' only in itself but at the moment the actual process is about learning how to see our minds, learning how to take responsibility for our minds - thoughts, feelings, emotions, etc - and so be able to walk the actual process of re-constructing ourselves, recreating ourselves by implementing new principles within us that we can in fact stand and live by. Thus, if your focus is only on 'stilling the mind' then that is not really walking process, because breathing is one point, a constant physical awareness - however if you do not in fact work with yourself as the process of self-honesty, self writing, self introspection, then it seems you are only focusing on 'quieting the mind' without really doing this self-investigation, which is the whole point of this process as well.

And yes you might be able to experience something according to how you feel that 'release' but I'd like to also share here that as it's been shared in the material, the mind is not only in the brain, the brain is but one aspect of it but in fact, the mind is intertwined in all of our physical body and at quantum physical levels - therefore what you perceive as 'thoughts, emotions and feelings' is but one layer of the mind, the conscious layer and as such, if you only focus on 'quieting' that one, the rest of your mind, of who you are as your mind is neglected, and so I would suggest then rather focusing on walking your own mind while yes, focusing on breathing but not making it 'the point' in process, otherwise you'd get to be 'silent' as a result on focusing of 'shutting up the mind' which is in fact suppression, not a process of working with your thoughts, emotions and feelings to learn how to stop and at the same time learn how to create a new input on how you decide to live now in self-awareness such moments in your reality.

Let us know if this makes sense to you
breathoflife92

Post by breathoflife92 »

sorry guys, i was using breath in a way that was suppressing things instead of allowing myself to work out my problems though self forgiveness./writing . i became too obsessed with the point of breath. now i know that breath is breath, its a physical thing and a simple point. thanks for letting my know that. i appreciate the support
Carlton

Post by Carlton »

Hello breathoflife92 cool realization. I to once thought that all I had to do was breathe and my problem would magically go away, but after realizing they only got worst, I started writing them out and applying self-forgiveness along with breathing and experienced the difference.
Luc St-Amand

Post by Luc St-Amand »

Thanks for sharing Paul, keep it up.

Return to “Questions and Perspectives on the Mind and Self”