music as drug tv as drug

Ask questions related to your individual process or life in the experience of yourself and mind - pertaining to thoughts, emotions, feelings, behaviours, habits etc. This thread is dedicated to those who'd like to understand more about the inner-workings of your own mind and then effects of this on your life and relationships.
breathoflife92

music as drug tv as drug

Post by breathoflife92 »

Yesterday deleted my entire playlist. Reason being is because the music just stimulating feeling within myself and the content(lyrics) where just of the mind . music Too loud too fast lyrics too much about drugs relationships and other things that are used by myself and others to give them a feeling or high while listening allowing such feelings to occur. So I deleted all my music after realizing it was all bad for the psyche. Some songs were even about 'god'. It's like watching television shows that are designed to give you feelings while watching. The infamous show spongebod squarepants . the show is a cartoon showing a million different bright colors at once. And if you've ever seen the show you kno it was designed to give the watcher as much feeling as possible while watching. So just be aware not to give into you music or to give into the TV show you are watching . its probably fucking with the mind if you allow it to. Just saying
barbara

Re: music as drug tv as drug

Post by barbara »

Hey,

cool you are realizing you are reacting to music! Since it's here for you atm, you can have a look what melodical passages, words and ideas that were conveyed in this music made you react - because deleting the pieces doesn't dissolve the triggers they presented to you. It would make a cool thread here on the forum if you'd like to share!

Looking forward to reading what associations, pictures, memories, judgments etc. you come up with while having a closer look here!
breathoflife92

Post by breathoflife92 »

So I deleted the music but heres what I remember. One band had lots of screaming now screaming in itself tells me that the person is allowing them self to give into their emotion by acting on them and screaming lyrics. Also the screaming will attempt to trigger either an emotion or feeling from me therefore I choose not to allow this music in my life. Even though I'm aware of what these people are doing in their music I choose not to listen to it because I'm aware of what is going on here.other songs talked a lot about sex. Now sex and sexual relationships are all about pleasure seeking. Sex in itself is for human creation and that's it. It is not about the pleasure at all. But this is what is conveyed in the music is a lot of sexual exploitation and just abuse of sex. Other songs were about drugs. Drugs abuse in itself is all about giving one a high or pleasure or feeling; all the same meaning. So any song that talks about drug use , I choose not to listen to it because I'm aware of what these people are doing. I don't want to test myself for reactions if I already know what is going on. Plus, other songs were very loud, too fast and too stimulating. Such as techno. Its like a flury of sounds and at concerts sounds and lights, that are meant to arouse the experiencer. I'm not into that. I'm not into getting myself crazy or aroused, or putting myself into situations meant to do that to myself or other humans. Even if I choose not to react ( which I will choose not to react in situations to the best I can) other people will surely react and accept and allow such feelings reactions and emotions to occur and I simply don't have the ability to tell these people to STOP. But if I can control myself which I can I will not be afraid to enter such situations . it all depends specifically to what is going on in my life at the moment...
barbara

Post by barbara »

Cool to be looking at this! So let's investigate a bit further:
breathoflife92 wrote:One band had lots of screaming now screaming in itself tells me that the person is allowing them self to give into their emotion by acting on them and screaming lyrics.
Screaming per se does not have to be accompanied by or triggered by an emotion or feeling, because, as you can investigate for yourself, one can simply scream to call out to someone, for the sake of sharing the sound of your voice or the pleasure of hearing yourself, the sound of yourself within high frequencies, as a matter of self-expression. That also means one does not know what the person is experiencing and what the motivation is in a particular moment, so one doesn't in fact know whether it is motivated by emotion and it is irrelevant for who you are in relationship to the person. It is important to remain with yourself here, to not go into a judgment of 'he's screaming based on a reaction on an emotion and that is bad, so I will not listen to it'. Here you can ask yourself whether you want to protect yourself from the outflow of emotion as a scream, or what it is that caused you to react, what were the thoughts/feelings/emotions that actually directed you in this moment of deciding against this band - was there a fear of a specific emotion or feeling? That would be cool to look into.
breathoflife92 wrote:because I'm aware of what is going on here

Can you elaborate on this a bit? What do you mean?
breathoflife92 wrote: Now sex and sexual relationships are all about pleasure seeking. Sex in itself is for human creation and that's it. It is not about the pleasure at all.
Why not enjoy sex with a partner who agrees to explore physical intimacy too? There's nothing wrong with enjoying the pleasures of sex as long as it doesn't compromize oneself or any other living being. You might like to check out the eqafe series 'What is Sex' and 'Relationship Success Support' in this connection: https://eqafe.com/series/6-what-is-sex and https://eqafe.com/series/27-relationshi ... ss-support. So in this context you can have a closer look at why you were/are willing to accept not to enjoy sex and who you are in relationship to this point.
breathoflife92 wrote:But this is what is conveyed in the music is a lot of sexual exploitation and just abuse of sex
Yes, this is a point that is definitely not cool. Since we are a part of this sex exploitation and profitting from abuse - system, it is important to see how we are indirectly or directly participating in it, acquiescing to it or simply just judging it in our minds and not changing anything. Is our attention maybe captured by such images or ideas, in commercials, where we then consider buying such clothes or in magazines and erotic films, where we decide to masturbate with such images in our heads making whole fantasies based on them? Here we can self-investigate, apply self-forgiveness and stop and change ourselves.
breathoflife92 wrote: Other songs were about drugs. Drugs abuse in itself is all about giving one a high or pleasure or feeling
The same with drugs. Where and how do we try to avoid ourselves and the reality around us - our responsibility. And how does one acquiesce to or even inadvertently participate in abusing life to profit or get an energy high within/as this money/energy system we've made this world into?
breathoflife92 wrote:I choose not to listen to it because I'm aware of what these people are doing. I don't want to test myself for reactions if I already know what is going on.
I understand your choice of not wanting to listen to this kind of music. The suggestion here is one of self-support where you can investigate who you are within it all as part of the whole/the system that finds its fallout in/as such manifestations.
breathoflife92 wrote:Even if I choose not to react ( which I will choose not to react in situations to the best I can) other people will surely react and accept and allow such feelings reactions and emotions to occur and I simply don't have the ability to tell these people to STOP

Yes, one can't make another person stop, and you can't protect people from their own reactions. What helps though is placing your process of how you came to see your own reactions, what it is you accepted and allowed within you and as you, when and as they came up, and how you were/are able to stop them, namely the walking of such reactions into a self-corrective solution for the support of others!

Thanks!
breathoflife92

Post by breathoflife92 »

What I meant by 'I am aware of going on here' or whatever I said, is that people are all about feeling seeking, and I'm aware of it.
breathoflife92

Post by breathoflife92 »

When people scream in music, metal music or whatever, its not to communicate across a distance, its clearly because they want to express anger or other emotion, or to get one pumped up with feeling. I wouldn't react to it but other people will and if I 'enjoy' this music its setting a bad example to myself and to others around me. Its like listening to someone scratch a chalkboard in your ear. Not calming at all, but hey that's just my taste in music, I prefer calm slowing music.
breathoflife92

Post by breathoflife92 »

I'm aware that everyone's allowing feeling and emotion
breathoflife92

Post by breathoflife92 »

Not everyone sorry some people
breathoflife92

Post by breathoflife92 »

Sorry for posting so much but need to correct myself, and I'm going to do it publicly. As I reread my posts, I said I would not react to music or TV. I would of course attempt to stop any reaction that comes up, but saying that I wouldn't react is not true. If a reaction does come up, I would stop and not feed into the reaction. I'm not perfect and you guys know this, I still react, but know not to feed into my reactions.
sylvia

Post by sylvia »

Cool breathoflife92, are you already doing the free online DIP Lite course? This course does assist with writing and investigating oneself, a cool way to get to know the Desteni tools and oneself through with buddy support.

Return to “Questions and Perspectives on the Mind and Self”