This happened to me as a child, any perspective?

Ask questions related to your individual process or life in the experience of yourself and mind - pertaining to thoughts, emotions, feelings, behaviours, habits etc. This thread is dedicated to those who'd like to understand more about the inner-workings of your own mind and then effects of this on your life and relationships.
Raúl

This happened to me as a child, any perspective?

Post by Raúl »

I would say it is a paranormal thing, when i was around 5-8 years old, being in bed, before sleeping, and in darkness but with a liiitle bit of light, i could look at the door of my room and see shadows of people, with no faces no anything, just the lines of the shadows of bodies of human forms coming to my bed, some of them were tall other short, and they would come next to my bed to stare at me and then dissapear, i could see them so clearly, and they just as i described, i wasn't really afraid, i mean i was, but like the normal afraid of... im child... im alone in darkness... sometimes i wanted a glass of water and i had the courage to stand up and walk through them, and i knew there was no danger even if i had fear, it kind of felt like if they were not real... but they were absolutely real, also my brother was in another bed, behind me, in a upper level, and he could see the shadows appearing and dissapearing, when i grew up and started getting addicted to shit and lost my conection and my soul was divided i stopped seeing them, have you ever heard about shadows like this??? :lol: what were them?
jamesdral

Re: This happened to me as a child, any perspective?

Post by jamesdral »

Same thing happened to me when I was about 6. I would not call it sleep paralysis because I was not asleep but the lights were off. I used to see formless shadowy figures who made me very scared. I think they were happy to see me scared of them. We moved to new place when I was 7 and they stopped coming completely. So I don't know whether the previous place had negative energy in it. I've gotten sleep paralysis before but I've never seen anything when I opened my eyes. Except one time when I was in campus and saw something dark sitting on the bed besides me. Overall I would say young kids are more susceptible to these kind of spiritual beings than older people.
Marlen

Post by Marlen »

Hey jamesdral

Welcome to the forum. I have no idea what is it that you guys saw for a fact, but some good clarifications are shared in the series The Quantum Mechanics of Paranormal Events, where you can have a look at similar topics explained there. Just to clarify that currently there are no more such beings or 'spirits' around like that, it might have been a possibility if you are over 20 years of age and this was happening during your childhood, but not any longer.

A lot of these things have also been self-created so, for more details you guys can check out that series at eqafe.com
jamesdral

Post by jamesdral »

Thanks Marlen I'll check out the series in your links.

Return to “Questions and Perspectives on the Mind and Self”