perspectives and questions on kids' movies and stories

Ask questions related to your individual process or life in the experience of yourself and mind - pertaining to thoughts, emotions, feelings, behaviours, habits etc. This thread is dedicated to those who'd like to understand more about the inner-workings of your own mind and then effects of this on your life and relationships.
ZachWang

perspectives and questions on kids' movies and stories

Post by ZachWang »

In China, Disney animation movies are approved by many parents without question to entertain and occupy their kids from a very young age. Not only that, some companies even use its movies to profit, the company that I am working for currently, for example, in the name of learning English through them. In China, or worldwide, all our kids are induldged in fairy tales and all forms of stories, without questioning the influence upon children's mind and being. I am going to talk about just one aspect or dimension of Disney animation movies and fairy tales: they are not REAL, and they will do no good to the betterment of a real physical human being, and, yes, they will brainwash and program the children to try to chase, fulfill and pursue all the fantasies, pictures and scenes from the movies and stories, which ends up with: the real child is GONE. And then they have to spend years to know the reality after they grow up because the pictures and fantasies are not matching the reality, while the characters and personalities from movies and stories will haunt the kids for many years.

So, I want to write an article to expose animation movies and stories' hidden inflence towards the kids to let the parents be aware. And I want to publish it on a famous media website(if possible). I am worried about the possibility that: if this article goes viral and brings impact among the parents. Maybe, it will influence animation industry, etc. I mean, will this cause me into trouble? Will the government find and talk to me? Most of all, will the parents listen?

Most of the parents are too busy to look after their kids, let alone education. But if parents are too busy, don't have any children then.
ZachWang

Re: perspectives and questions on kids' movies and stories

Post by ZachWang »

In this post, what I really want to talk about is my fear towards the authorities of the country in the system. And this topic seems too big to talk about. And I really thought too much before doing it. And I must make sure that I don't have any backchats, thoughts, judgments, blames, etc before doing anything and then I will do it without thinking. Use my awareness to do the job physically, but not from information that I see in the news or media.
Leila

Post by Leila »

Cool that you took a step back to ground the information within yourself.

There's already information out there on the possible consequences of watching and participating in media (or games, or anything for that matter!) without critically assessing the information what is presented to differentiate between what is supportive and to keep what's good and that which is disempowering.

So as you suggest as well, I would look at 'who am I' in relation to this particular point, and to not get into this point head over heels, wanting to tackle it and get it out of the way -- as this is still a starting point of fear. We live in world of extensive manifested consequence, we cannot place ourselves in a position to fear all of this and wanting to get rid of it all because it scares us. But to rather develop ourselves and the application/practice of the tools of self-support so we can stand stable and unwavering in the face of the shitstorm that's manifested on Earth, so we can clearly and effective direct ourselves and the consequences we've created.
Kristina

Post by Kristina »

A cool point to open up, Zach

You could start to watch some of the movies you are considering as part of the 'problem' and share your perspective on it - what is supportive and what is not. That way you are starting out slowly - just opening up perspective on what you see within the movies you are speaking about, rather than trying to take 'it' down from the top bottom. Start from the bottom sort to speak, start small, start with deconstructing the movies being watched by the children and share your common sense perspective that could perhaps support others, parents, even adults that watched the same movies as a child, to begin questioning it and considering other ways of thinking and even other ways of 'how' to watch these movies.

And I will say it's important to ground yourself before you go for it, as I have often got excited about sharing certain perspectives or insights, but it was loaded with energy - either excitement, anger, frustration, and it led to an outcome I did not intend... people reacting to my reactions. Words are easier to see/hear and so understand when they are not loaded with emotional energy.

Return to “Questions and Perspectives on the Mind and Self”