psych medication

paul l

psych medication

Post by paul l »

Does medication such as antipsychotics, mood stabilizers, antidepressants, and stimulants(all of which i am on) suppress my issues/dishonesty, or does it help. I thought i heard saying meds speeds up the process. but i seem to be stumped on self forgiveness, i had experienced one release and am trying to release more but i am having trouble with it. perspectives on medication
sylvia

Re: psych medication

Post by sylvia »

Hi Paul welcome to the forum, please make sure you read the forum guidelines and there is the introduce yourself where you can introduce yourself. Further sections to check out as a new forum member are writing yourself to freedom, sharing self-forgiveness and 7 year journey to life.

I saw that you posted the same question more or less, in 3 different sections, do you agree on keeping this post and me deleting the other 2?

When it comes to medication in general, it is a chemical bridge for the time being, till the body can restore itself and do without it. Your question is more specific about psychic medication and whether it is speeding up process. The question is of course why you are using these drugs and on which point are they assisting you? Maybe you could tell a bit more about your depressions/moods, in order for us to share experiences or give some direction to your question.

In order to understand these conditions in you it is important to find out who you are within these conditions, why you created them and why you are holding on to them. When you can see the patterns that are the core point for the conditions to exist, you can do specific Self-Forgiveness and applying Self Corrective Statements. I have no idea how much of the Desteni material you already know, so it would be cool if you shared more about where you're at the moment within the Desteni materials. That way we can assist and support you in a proper way.

Thanks
Anna

Post by Anna »

Thanks Sylvia.

Paul, with regards to self-forgiveness, it is not so that one is supposed to experience a feeling of release through self-forgiveness. We can direct ourselves through self-forgiveness to for example release and let go of fears and then it is an actual release and letting go. That can often be experienced physically too though it is not like all one's shit is suddenly gone and a burden has been lifted off one's shoulders. Make sense? So it is not so that self-forgiveness will 'do' something FOR you -- it is you doing something to yourself through applying self-forgiveness. It takes time and practice with self-forgiveness because it is something that we've never done before, so suggest to be patient and let go of any expectations you might have towards what self-forgiveness is supposed to do.
Carrie

Post by Carrie »

Hey Paul,

Up until a few months ago I was on prescription stimulants. There were many reasons why I made the choice to stop taking them but the deciding factors were: 1) The future effect that the medications would have on my body are not cool - I would age faster, my teeth would diminish and there is a risk that I would develop other diseases, 2) When on the drug I would be moving fast, not being aware of myself and my thoughts, not ever aware of my breathing, and getting even more and more high off of energetic reactions throughout my days, 3) For myself, I see that it is important to me to be Equal-to the group - if they are giving up addictions and/or are making decisions that support themselves as Life, then I would too and 4) I would like to place myself in a stable position of where I can assist and support others facing the decision.

Great support here from Sylvia and Anna. And I agree, it would be cool to hear more about you, how you got here, and where you are within the material.
paul l

Post by paul l »

yea delete the other two. ill post more later
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

paul l wrote:Does medication such as antipsychotics, mood stabilizers, antidepressants, and stimulants(all of which i am on) suppress my issues/dishonesty, or does it help.
Hi paul, If you look in common sense: such medications merely only alter your emotional/mental expereince for a moment - after which your emotional/mental experience returns to how it was. Does that then sound like you actually changed ? Or would you say this is only a temporary suppression of the issue ?
Rozelle de Lange

Post by Rozelle de Lange »

When you can see the patterns that are the core point for the conditions to exist, you can do specific Self-Forgiveness and applying Self Corrective Statements
- Indeed. I would suggest investigating the specific 'points' which the medications are serving to 'assist' and from this direct self towards investigating the core points identified to understand self's relationship within and around them. From here one will be able to see if self has been using the medication as a sort of a crutch to lean on instead of facing the points in question and directing them towards a self-directed solution, or if they actually serve as a point of temporary support.

Looking forward to reading more of you Paul.

Return to “Practical Living-Experience - Questions and Perspectives”