Practical relaxation while acting

jozsef

Practical relaxation while acting

Post by jozsef »

As I expand my awareness more and more in the mind and be able to slow down - I notice when I am straining my human physical body unnecessarily so it is more natural to be relaxed - while I walk, while I sit, while I just am.
This is a process which Bernard also talked about how we can re-create our physical beingness, mannerism so to speak - as we stop the programs we can develop new expressions and for me it seems very practical to be as relaxed as I possible while still being (able to be) constantly active.
My first awareness points were my palms, hands, chest from where I see more and more physical experience of myself - even seeing that this is not 'direct physical' - but not constantly thinking at least I sense my body postures and what assists me within realizing it is when I abuse my physical body when I put too much strain/load to my hands for instance while I click with the mouse about 16 hours a day while my hand is not fully relaxed as it can be while doing it's work.

So relaxation is important and as we breathe - we let go the energy and just allow the body be naturally comfortable.

Within discussing this with other 'foes' somebody suggested 'tongue-relaxation' which he stated that NASA scientists are using for self-hypnotic sessions as for instance while one is thinking the tongue is not fully relaxed as the vocal mechanisms are somehow still stimulating the tongue muscles which is a fascinating point to investigate as when I fully relax my tongue in my mouth while I try to think I indeed can observe some sort of slight movements within my tongue which currently I am not fully aware of it's extent and I do not go into details too much, but rather not think about this but share here.
KellyPosey

Re: Practical relaxation while acting

Post by KellyPosey »

Interesting Jozsef. It's quite fascinating to start to become aware of one's body and how we're moving or 'holding' it and to start to see the various tension and stress there is in the body that it's like we never noticed before, because it builds up over time through our habits that we programmed within ourself in unawareness. I have found it quite a cool practice to practice relaxing the body, and sort of 'moving' my awareness around my body and seeing if/where there is tension and then breathing and relaxing that area, within this slowly but surely retraining myself out of the old habits of tension, which for me I had/have a lot of tension, in fact I was quite surprised by how much.

Within this it can reveal points to work with and release through Self Forgiveness as well where certain places that may be difficult to relax you can see if there is a point comes up within you that is preventing the release of that tension and relaxing your body.

Thanks for sharing.
jozsef

Post by jozsef »

Thanks for reply, Kelly!

Cool practical approach, yes, indeed, there are body parts which of I am less aware than other...

Fascinating happened yesterday - I have fallen - literally - I came up on the stairs from metro while I was listening to an EQAFE interview while my hands were in my coat's pocket.
One stair I did not step properly so my foot stuck in the stair and I was in quite a hurry velocity while I was just about to speed up by leaving underground and what I've became aware of is that I am falling and there is no time to do anything so I've just hit the concrete with my knees and elbow - for seconds I was not moving, it was a blast what went through my body and it was painful yes, but in that position I have fallen I let it all go and did a loud "yaaay" - it was cool to just be for a moment though people stepped to me asking am I alright so then I stood up.

I've noticed many times this before and in that moment realized again - when intense physical impact occurs to my body - I am here and I can realize how much I was in the mind instead of AS the body here directly so then even for a minute I've sat to a nearby bench - when I continued my walk to home I was walking more HERE - as well with some pain as well.

As I've made my steps on that stairs - I was not aware of my foot doing the step not properly as I was reacting with thoughts - not even remembering exactly to what - maybe the interview, maybe not - so then another point of self-reflection in the physical 'happens' out of lack of self-direction.

It was like a discharge - with a painful manner so indeed applying Self-forgiveness is what is required and re-align with and as the body.

Also I've noticed - I stay awake until I am very tired mostly - but for refreshment I apply one-two short naps during the day before exhaustion if possible - and if there is 'enough' charge in the mind - thoughts come for a while before I 'fall' asleep - but when there is no much tension - I am able to direct myself to sleep quite soon so it is an other practical reflection and great 'place and time' for Self-forgiveness to apply.
sylvia

Post by sylvia »

Cool examples here guys!

What I've lately been practicing is my breathing and relaxing my body while having my cat on my lap, when I'm doing well he'll let me know by purring and stretching himself in his most comfortable positions, so a cool physical cross-reference. This way it's easier for me to be physically aware and practice body relaxation and breathing throughout the day even without the cat, just by remembering myself of how it feels to be relaxed.

I've started this exercise with my cat after listening to the cat interviews from Eqafe and the fact that I saw myself making a fist with my hands and put muscle tension/pressure on it in any particular occasion where I was focussing on work/computer and lost touch with my physical body. It also reminded me of my mom, who always has a lot of muscle tension in her hands. If she would have more muscle strength she could have easily bend her cutlery and I do not recall how many times we were on the floor searching and picking up beads from the necklaces she ruined through her muscle tension. So my mom showed me in a way where this would lead me and I had the opportunity to stop it there and instead of mindlessly go with the muscle tension I decided to be aware in my physical body and remind myself of it every time I catch myself going into this family programming.

In time to come I will dig into it more deeper to see what's all behind this muscle tension, for now I keep it to being aware of it and correct it within my physical reality.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Cool thread here. Thanks for sharing all.

Return to “Practical Living-Experience - Questions and Perspectives”