The 'Moment' in 'Momentum'

Bella

The 'Moment' in 'Momentum'

Post by Bella »

Hi everyone,

I decided to open up a thread on the forum for Sharing Moments – then I saw this one here ("Practical Living-Experience - Questions and Perspectives") and decided it's a good place for my posts, as what I’d like to start sharing are moments and perspectives from my practical day-to-day living experience.

I was listening to an interview at eqafe.com the other night, and in one moment I recalled back the time when I first found the Desteni forum, and started reading the material as well as having conversations on the forum with so many people from all around the world –
it was a fascinating time period, for I was for the first time participating in an environment where I could share myself, my questions and perspectives, share about what I was passionate about, about what troubled me – and I found many people being able to relate and there were many supportive perspectives shared with me in response, which assisted me greatly. All in all I had a lot of fun and thoroughly enjoyed the forum!
That was in 2007 and I’ve been an active participant at Desteni ever since. Many things obviously changed in my life and are still changing. I went through various different phases and experiences, both career-wise and personally, as well as had a lot of movement in terms of being in different countries and doing different things. I continue learning and doing the things I’m passionate about, which is mostly in the fields of personal development and education, as well as Blogging and walking the DIP.

In these last years I haven’t been very active on the forum. There are several projects that I participate with at Desteni, as well as reading blogs and watching the various hangouts. But when it comes to the forum, I found myself feeling nostalgic of the times where the forum was even more organic, a live-ly platform of constant communication flow. So I decided that I’d really like the forum to be this platform again for me.
Well, both myself and Desteni as a people’s movement, and so also the forum here, have gone through various phases as well. So much has developed, so many projects and initiatives emerged, we have moved as a group as we have been moving and evolving individually.
At the same time, for some who have been with this from the beginnings, it may be that the initial ‘enthusiasm’ and personal engagement faded away, and one is now merely participating as a supporter in the background, while the personal contribution on the forum fell short.
So when I asked myself, how can I create for myself and others the communication flow, the connections and interactions that I want to see and experience? I decided that the most practical thing to do was to start sharing – sharing myself and moments from my everyday life. Moments where I for instance had a realization or found a solution, or where I moved myself to step beyond an old pattern, or where I willed myself to remain silent and breathe instead of reacting, or where I completely fucked up in a moment and what I can learn from it.

I know from experience – not only from the Desteni forum but also from platforms like Quora, or YouTube comments, or from blogging and reading/commenting to Blogs, and obviously from life moments in general – that each one of us resonates their particular ‘points’, and there will always be people who relate more to what we say/share, and others who relate less. So I figured that by simply sharing myself, there will be people who can relate and who would add to the perspective / discussion – and this way we can get to know each other more, and through each other we can learn more about ourselves.

So in that moment - as this remembrance of my engaged participation and grateful experience back in the forum's beginnings came up – I decided to grasp it as a Momentum: a moment where I had that spark alive within me, where I remembered how much I enjoyed participating on the forum with other people, sharing supportive perspectives – that moment wanted to be seized, or rather, I truly wanted to seize the moment and make it real, and so there it is: the moment in Momentum – where, if I did not make the Decision to Give the Breath of Life and Fire up the Spark that is here as the Momentum, as the potential that I’m able to see myself living; it would have probably faded away and the life of the moment would be gone and lost, and I would have fallen back into the 'comfort zone' of a more limited version of my potential participation and experience.

So here I am.

As an intro, I won't make this here any longer –
At this point, if you’re interested in looking into the latest Moment I wrote about, you can see it here – it’s about this very point of Momentum, of ‘the Here’ and what we do with it –
Will we use it, ‘the Here’, our every breath, in self-empowerment? Or will we enter the programs of disempowerment and ‘go with the flow’ of our pre-programmed 'reality' and accepted limitations? Every moment asks this question: Who will you be?

Who are you? What do the moments of your life as you live them manifest into? What do you give life to, within yourself and in your world? That is a question Life asks each one of us in EVERY SINGLE MOMENT – every breath counts.
We only got one life people, let’s make the best of it, let’s explore our individual and collective potentials, to be the best we can be – and create the best version of our world possible!

Let's discuss and share perspectives on these words: Moment / Moments / Momentum

Feel free to share your perspectives about how you experience a Moment or Moments in your life or about a particular Moment you recently experienced and how you went about it -
or about a moment where you either 'realized momentum' and 'grasped the moment' or even Created Momentum yourself!
andreateale

Re: The 'Moment' in 'Momentum'

Post by andreateale »

Hi Bella and Everyone,

Thank you for starting this thread . The moments that I relish the most in my life are when people come back to me and tell me that I made a difference to the quality of their life and that they did something to change because of what I said. One day many years ago when I was on a bus, someone tapped me on the shoulder and said, "You probably don't remember me but you said something that really changed my life and I want to thank you "

Three people told me after the fact that they started the DIP lite process because of something that I said and I had no idea that it made an impact to them. Just this morning, my roommate told me how he was able to write in his DIP lesson about something that has bothered him for his entire life and he was glad that I nudged him to start to get back in the process and do some self forgiveness a couple of months ago. I didn't even know he had signed up again. Another friend wrote to me and told me he bought a bunch of interviews from eqafe and has really enjoyed them and started to say self forgiveness. We never know how we affect people by walking our process but just know that people are listening and watching and at some 'moment' they might take it up and surprise you!
christine

Post by christine »

Hi Everyone,

Well this is so interesting as I saw this same point of this ( again) platform to reach out to one another. There have been many times throughout the years in process that I will go to investigate a point to find another member had just posted about it. There are many times I will have an insight, struggle, etc., that I find I want to immediately share with others and not necessarily blog, but like this, in forum.

I have faced 'not wanting to bother' other members, to realizing that that in itself is a judgment that diminishes me and my expression of myself, creating separation from myself and the group, as myself.

What I've realized as I have been focusing on expanding myself/process out into the world, is that I still can expand so much more, also, within the group in really sharing myself and what I am 'experiencing' within and as myself in process.

So, this is great, and I will definitely be looking forward to others sharing themselves and me also!
viktor

Post by viktor »

Thanks Bella for opening up the point.

For myself, I can relate to some of the last words you wrote, about how this is our only life, and that we either choose to empower, or disempower ourselves – to either go with the momentum of the moment or slip back into a comfort zone - and it's really interesting to compare who I am now, with the person that entered into these forums some seven years ago to begin the process of self-change. Because as you say, this childish enthusiasm is not here anymore, and I can as well see, that many things in process have become more of a routine, than a living expression and direction.

So, I see me coming back, and participating more on the forums as a way of challenging myself, seeing other dimensions, expressions, and avenues of self-direction – and looking at how I can continue to empower myself in my daily living in this world. Because it might be that this initial enthusiasms isn't here anymore, and that makes sense, though it doesn't make sense that process should become routine, and walked without interaction with others - and the forum represents such an awesome opportunity to meet, and discuss points with a diverse bunch of people, allowing for suggestions, and solutions to come through that I would never have thought of.

I will thus start participating on this platform more, because I do understand that I am the one that can breath change/life into things – and I see the potential of this forum, and how vibrant it once was, and that this is something we're able to create again – though it requires that commitment, and decision – that we push through the resistances to share, and place down our words, and press the submit button.
Bella

Post by Bella »

thanks for sharing guys!
viktor wrote:I see me coming back, and participating more on the forums as a way of challenging myself, seeing other dimensions, expressions, and avenues of self-direction – and looking at how I can continue to empower myself in my daily living in this world. Because it might be that this initial enthusiasms isn't here anymore, and that makes sense, though it doesn't make sense that process should become routine, and walked without interaction with others - and the forum represents such an awesome opportunity to meet, and discuss points with a diverse bunch of people, allowing for suggestions, and solutions to come through that I would never have thought of.
awesome, that's it
I will thus start participating on this platform more, because I do understand that I am the one that can breath change/life into things – and I see the potential of this forum, and how vibrant it once was, and that this is something we're able to create again – though it requires that commitment, and decision – that we push through the resistances to share, and place down our words, and press the submit button.
exactly, well said. It's yet another expression of living and connecting, I am taking this step also within my everyday physical reality. In the end, it's the relationships we create that in turn ripple out and create the bigger picture of relationships within and as our world.

"press the submit button" - cool - I see these words as an expression of 'seizing the moment', of making that moment count because I made a decision to do/express/participate. It's something that can be lived in any moment we decide to push for the 'new script', the 'new me', where we go for it and in that, we break the chains of preprogramming

"push through the resistances" - agreed, where in a moment there's actually always one choice: we either 'fall back' into the program and do the usual thing, or we seize momentum or rather create momentum in awareness, basically simply like stating I am here, and then looking into ok what is my contribution, how do I want to participate, what do I want to express, what do I want to create?
We always create who we are. We've been creating ourselves and our world in unawareness, that's why we ALL WANT CHANGE.
It's interesting that we've been talking in the world a lot about Change, not necessarily realizing that at the same time we are talking about Creation. It's just that, to truly create, we must first stop/move through/transform that which has been re-creating itself as ourselves and our world over and over again. And nobody wants to take responsibility for CHANGE but everybody wants to own CREATION (extremely put). Well how about we Own Change.
I mean, really, whatever thoughts and emotions 'justify' each one's 'limitations', our 'holding back', our 'fear of life' or 'fear of death' or 'fear of ridicule' or whatever the energy for each one is - in the end it's just that, just a program, conditioned with fail safes against change, bringing up resistances, and we really gotta learn to push - learning by doing - it's how we birth ourselves into living, as life, here in the physical. It's how we start creating ourselves for real. I mean so many people 'live out' their 'passion' in the mind, where not much of it is seen/expressed/manifested in the physical reality at all, but they can dream about it, or 'feel it' and 'feel good' - but no real change ever comes out of dreaming alone.

So I guess what I'm saying is, I find I'm focusing more lately on the change I want to SEE, realizing I have to create it. So I focus on recognizing my potential and committing to explore potentials in all aspects of my reality/world/life -
in a way also specifying/strengthening the 'new script', focusing on who/how I want to be and live, rather than in my mind focusing on the things I need to 'change' because then I'm focusing on something that I've defined as 'not good enough' which in itself is a skewed starting-point. So I decide to focus on what/how I want to express and participate in my world, and from there yes I am facing resistances, but I walk in self commitment to, in moments, push through the resistances, realizing that 'it's just energy' and I don't have to succumb to the pull, it's just the old program pulling and fighting for its survival. I'd rather live so that I am ready to die any moment.

Back to the 'Moment' - that's where our power is - HERE - in every moment. We can only walk one breath at a time, and in each ONE breath, in each ONE moment, we can be the directive principle, we can be the living awareness and real creator.

christine wrote:I have faced 'not wanting to bother' other members, to realizing that that in itself is a judgment that diminishes me and my expression of myself, creating separation from myself and the group, as myself.

What I've realized as I have been focusing on expanding myself/process out into the world, is that I still can expand so much more, also, within the group in really sharing myself and what I am 'experiencing' within and as myself in process.
awesome - these are supportive insights and realizations, and good news : )
andreateale wrote:We never know how we affect people by walking our process but just know that people are listening and watching and at some 'moment' they might take it up and surprise you!
yep, we never know how we may support/expand others by simply sharing ourselves - and we never know, the moment we start writing, how we may support/expand ourselves, through our own self movement in writing and opening up and sharing!

so thanks again for sharing everyone, this is great : )
tormod

Post by tormod »

The moment to me is to consider to live and realize that, with the tool of self forgiveness, I am destined to make my journey to oneness and equality, out of many reasons but also because the earth is designed the way it is, to give its light to oneness and equality. Since this is the accident mathematical code of earth we cannot change that and we do not need to either.
Moments with me is finding myself hatching out of my egg/cargo/mother/pre - program. Where I see myself slipping out of the lie and into real life. I realize that this is the birthing process - rebirthing, into life and into purpose.

The moment in time is when I see myself pushing to be more to be acting out for the creativity within me, I try to find new ways to learn and unlearn, and to push myself to do that little extra every day.

Moment with me is where I also see myself trapped in pre - program and in energies and I see myself struggling to get out. Which I eventually do. So they are not really moments with me - only fake me/old me. But I see myself in these moments, I observe myself struggling with energies, and that is a moment within me, where I support myself to push through the pre -program.

Moments with me is not quite done. I still have a process ahead of me. I am looking forward to share more moments with me - with everyone else.

I moment with me I find myself in drifting with the wind, that says "I will push myself to do the very best for all life." And that is a great key to realize to me. That is how I want to live - to inspire others.

Thank you.
tormod

Post by tormod »

I realized today in quantum moments/ a thought (from several different moments added together) what gift physical experience is. And how I long for that natural dopamine. Walking with my mother today around a lake saved me from going to hospital. I realized that physical and working out is a great key. Moments with me, looking back at what I wrote last on this tread. I see that I am now more ready to explain what moments are. That comes in particular from watching videos from other destonians talking and explaining what is self honesty is. This I now understand further, and this helps me to have more clear view on everything in my life. A self honest perspective.

A moment is like that brief second between a inn breath and a out breathe. But considering that we are all (living beings), in this life together and we all as far as I know, relying on breathe to live, so it is a more complex issue than simply calling it "without breathe". Moments in momentum is more like the arrow of the awareness. The pin point of reality or physical. Moments in momentum is like a nice piece of music. Moments in momentum is like being calm from self. Self directed to a purpose that one is telling oneself that "Hey; you are doing good job" and perhaps telling self in words aloud: "keep up the god work" - Because as we know from before it is a emotions experience/ride through psychology/spirituality and layers/dimensions and it can be a rough ride.

So far to me - and I have evolved quite a lot since last time I wrote here - considering taking self honesty to myself, moments in momentum is telling myself those words "keep up the good work" and so on. Cheering myself on my way through process.
Thanks for walking with me guys. Keep up the good work !
viktor

Post by viktor »

Thanks for sharing everyone,

I find it interesting that sometimes the points that will make the greatest difference, is those small routine, recurring events in our day. When we for example, go and write something on the forum, or post something on facebook, meet the neighbor, or go out with the dog – and if we look at it – it is those routine events that take up the majority of our lives. Thus, I find it fascinating that most of us have this idea about what change implies, that change must be this big, awesome thing, where you rebel against the government, become a famous politician, or a larger-than-life artist that spreads some form of message in the world. Though if we look at life, and what it consists of, for most of us there are mostly routine events, and seldom someone is able to reach a position of 'fame' and 'influence'.

So, change, and living an example of that change will come through in the small, in the relationships we have taken for granted, in the moments we have disregarded, in parts of our lives that we before didn't value, because we saw no point in them. That is where we can implement a new direction, and bring through a awareness – and this is, as I see it, exactly the point of this forum. It might seem like a insignificant point to write here and push yourself to interact with others, in sharing your process of self-awareness – though it's not – because social interactions is one of those points that we've disregarded and believed to be of no weight – while really – it is what makes up most of our lives.

As such, this forum allows us to change one of these rudimentary points into something supportive, changing social interaction to what it is meant to be – a process of sharing, discovering and getting to know other beings – and understanding that it does have a measurable effect even though it is not something we are able to see immediately.
Bella

Post by Bella »

very cool points there Viktor!
...most of us have this idea about what change implies, that change must be this big, awesome thing, where you rebel against the government, become a famous politician, or a larger-than-life artist that spreads some form of message in the world. Though if we look at life, and what it consists of, for most of us there are mostly routine events [...] So, change, and living an example of that change will come through in the small, in the relationships we have taken for granted, in the moments we have disregarded, in parts of our lives that we before didn't value...
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Cool thread Bella

I could definitely benefit from sharing myself more in writing on a forum like this.
So whats my process story.
Well, there has been many story-lines in my process thus far over the last 8 years.
And allot since leaving the farm for the last time.

Perhaps the most difficult, or one of the most difficult points I faced in my process has been porn addiction. Why has it been difficult? Well, I did feel like a complete failure in my process when the point started to become more and more. When I left the farm a number of years ago now, I knew that this would be one point that I would now have to face alone and that I feared within myself.

It took me about 6 months before my first 'fall' back into porn after leaving the farm. And then from there it would come up every month or so for about a year. Then it moved to every two weeks, and then every week. And then It stabilized after about 2 years to around once a week.

So here I was, stuck in this point, and watching and perceiving everyone else in process being more effective in their process and this was quite a tough pill to swallow and to continue to swallow every week whenever Id allow myself to go back into watching porn.

Sometimes Id stop for a month or 2 or 3, but then Id go back. And I kept all this very secretive. Because here I was, supposed to be a Destonian, someone who had been to the farm with more support than I could have ever imagined, and I am still struggling with this energy addiction.

One side affect of this I noticed is for instance I wouldn't participate on the forums because "what do I know" I am still stuck on this one point.

Perhaps some of you can relate with different points in your lives, but you really do feel depleted. I continued to push to find ways to 'try and stop'

but there was a part of me that was just not ready to give it up I suppose.

But I do see that one of most difficult parts of this all was the fact that I was 'walking my process' and that I had been at it for so long, and yet here I was still stuck on this point.

So I did feel allot like I was living a lie. And not being as transparent as I could have been. This also likely due to Self Judgement I had towards myself for allowing this behavior of myself.

Eventually I started communicating about it with my buddy and since that point I have seen a change in terms of how that particular point existed within my life. Because what I noticed is that keeping it secret with only myself and not speaking about it with anyone gave it more power in a way. So when I started communicating about it with my buddy, It definitely supported with now having some outside perspectives and insights into the whole thing.

I found this has also had an affect on my living expression because it was like there was a part of me that was dead or was dying. You know, when you just can't really smile for real. Because your real experience inside yourself is one of disappointment, and so I found this affected how I lived also, its like my motivation, my inspiration was really lacking, and Id prefer to just "do it later" or give up on doing things because "whats the point"

So I am still walking this porn addiction point. I started participating on the porn and masturbation group last week which has been a cool support and I have enjoyed it.

Anyways just thought id share that mini-story

Because that is something that I have allowed to exist within me and is a part of me and has been a part of me through my process I have walked thus far. But I am still here, and supporting myself with the tools. I mean, I am committed to this process of Self Change so I can become someone I am satisfied with and so in doing support everyone on this earth to become beings we are satisfied with and within this start caring for and nurturing ourselves and out planet and creating a Life that is worth living.

Ok that's all for now.

Return to “Practical Living-Experience - Questions and Perspectives”