Can music support us?

David Alvarado

Can music support us?

Post by David Alvarado »

First of all, I enjoy music very much, I personally listen to mostly music that has no lyrics on it, but focus more on the sound. I found something very interesting when listening music, in a way certains types of music can evoke emotions within you, peace, joy, excitement, etc, but I started to ask myself when listening to certain type of music why does it makes me feel this way?. for example i've played guitar for 8 years and piano for 4, before I heard about desteni, i played alot because it heleped me release or relief stress, now that i'm here with desteni DIP process wich i've barely started it yet, i wanted to say that it a way it can support us, but there is also anothe question, is it me the only one that feels that way when listening this or that type of music? or is it everyone. turns out.. i found out that it was enjoyable to a lot of people. i've listen to almost ANY type and style of music, and i seem to find their points of support in a way, for example my brother listens a lot of techno music, wich is related to beats and high and low sounds, I always aproach with a neutral state of mind without anything else or the mind to affect me when listening music, so that i can see what really is that HE my brother is actually enjoying it, the only way i can explain it is that it is enjoyable.. simple as that, does it evokes a certain state in the mind? yes. your mind moves into the vibrations of the music kinda like dancing but mind-wise, and same can be done with other type of musics, like when i listen to relaxating music, the mind relaxes into a point in which your mind kinda sleeps and ceases to think. sometimes i realized that when listeing to music who was related to a tv show or a movie, it will recall that moment and drive you through that reaction, lets say... a person who was taking care of their family in a movie, so when listening to tunes related to that, your mind will follow as well as your emotions to the experience happening on the movie, altough its not forcing you it just happens, so basing myself into the point " i played music instrument that helped me neutralize my emotions thus clearing up my mind of anything that in fact is the sound coming that its calming my mind and stoping it, the same can be said when listing music" so i can say its supporting myself to keep my mind clear. now i want to make sure that its softcore music the one i'm talking about, other people uses different types of music to either encourage their emotions and feelings or to focus on one certain emotion or feeling, hate, love, rage, etc. so as long as your starting point os for oneness and equality or as long as is helping you on a specific point i think we can use it as support.

like i said earlier i joined this forum a couple of days ago, i'm not deep into desteni material yet but i know the basics on where to start like self-forgiveness and self-honesty, i hope what i typed here can help some people understand music as a support.
Maya

Re: Can music support us?

Post by Maya »

David,

I suggest using the 'Search' button when looking for specific information since many of your questions were already answered either here or in YouTube.

please read the following thread:
http://forum.desteni.org/viewtopic.php? ... 825#p25825

as well as watch the following YouTube Video:
2012: Overwhelmed with Tears by Media

Also note, this point is going to be expanded on within the Quantum Mind Interviews on EQAFE which i'll add the link here, once it is done.
Ann

Post by Ann »

Stay self honest within listening to music.
some music can indeed provoke or increase certain behavior, like violence, excitement etc...

So I would make sure that no music is in control of me. When I notice emotions, that I do not let those emotions decide what I will do or say, and that I will decide this.
For example , not play down and violent music when your feeling down or angry to make the emotions even worse, or increase them.
Leila

Post by Leila »

What I find cool about music and having a repertoire of music -- is that during my day a song will pop up, and then when I have a look at the words/lyrics of the song (it will usually be one specific section) -- it will be very specific to the moment and how I experience myself or in relation of a point I am facing. So within this context music can be supportive to show/indicate what you are participating in, and give you a 'hint' so to speak.
Gian

Post by Gian »

With Music I have supported myself to be able to listen to ALL kinds of music and to within listening to music I would find myself reacting and judging the music or simply having a big resistance to the music.

so I listen/listened to all types of music Breathing - till there is nothing moving within me. and from there I could see what I really enjoy or not and not that it is directed by an energetic reaction to what I like or dislike.

I hated rock music and certain musician's music - so I went and I listen to them till there is nothing moving within me, no judgment.

also I had to watch out for using this "support" as a reason/justification to keep on listening to music that is really unnecessary - so what would happen is - I would listen to music I "hated" in the past and I would now move/dance with it. then someone would ask me why are you listening to this and I would go - because I resist this music and hate it so I must now listen to it, it isnt necessary to take such an approach because practically it is impossible to listen to ALL the music in the world in one lifetime to move through the judgment/reactions etc.

so it is to get oneself at a point of supporting oneself and not relying on the music to be a support the whole time.

I also found through this that the Music I have identified myself with all the years that I "LIKED", i really did not like (or dislike) it lol - it was all part of how I created my personality to fit in with certain people to be accepted and thus made myself like certain music, so I moved through that point as-well.
David Alvarado

Post by David Alvarado »

Leila wrote:What I find cool about music and having a repertoire of music -- is that during my day a song will pop up, and then when I have a look at the words/lyrics of the song (it will usually be one specific section) -- it will be very specific to the moment and how I experience myself or in relation of a point I am facing. So within this context music can be supportive to show/indicate what you are participating in, and give you a 'hint' so to speak.
well i just figured that since nothing in essense is evil in other words nothing is bad or good, but evil actually comes from within you, I always aproach to music in a neutral perspective, i can listen to anything and my mind will never strife or move, I noticed something, music can tend to move your emotions in certain directions, so in other words i think they can charge a feeling you have and act accordingly, I did this one day, and listend from hard extrange rock to a most softly type of music, and i found out that only the softly kinda of warm touching music made me feel more atractive to it, and that when i listened to hard fast paced "typo" music i didn't not because i didn't like it honestly, but because i had no atraction to it, that simple, so i think we associate music to feelings and in a way help us relieve or maybe ignore events or things that have happened to us before, and we dont' want to face it so we use music to kinda of relieve it or ignore it, wich its bad cuz you are not facing those points, althoug my perspective is music can help you identify that you have a point that you haven't applied self forgiveness and that you must do it.
Marlen

Post by Marlen »

"although my perspective is music can help you identify that you have a point that you haven't applied self forgiveness and that you must do it."
Yes, this is the suggested way to follow through with Music. Music is not in itself intended to 'make us react,' it us us who actually have associated particular emotions or feelings to different types of music, all based on memories and experiences that we have designated to particular types of music. So it is not that it 'causes you' to react, but you accept and allow a reaction toward it in your own mind, which means you are the one creating it, hence our responsibility toward it.

Thus, you can for example apply Self Forgiveness for believing that this/that particular type of music makes you feel this/that way and within that create a point of self support when having a reaction while listening to music, to breathe. If anything comes up, then absolutely, you follow through with your perspective above.
David Alvarado

Post by David Alvarado »

Marlen wrote:
"although my perspective is music can help you identify that you have a point that you haven't applied self forgiveness and that you must do it."
Yes, this is the suggested way to follow through with Music. Music is not in itself intended to 'make us react,' it us us who actually have associated particular emotions or feelings to different types of music, all based on memories and experiences that we have designated to particular types of music. So it is not that it 'causes you' to react, but you accept and allow a reaction toward it in your own mind, which means you are the one creating it, hence our responsibility toward it.

Thus, you can for example apply Self Forgiveness for believing that this/that particular type of music makes you feel this/that way and within that create a point of self support when having a reaction while listening to music, to breathe. If anything comes up, then absolutely, you follow through with your perspective above.
but is it bad that you have a feeling towards a type of music that makes you react in a certain way?
barbara

Post by barbara »

David Alvarado wrote:
Marlen wrote:

but is it bad that you have a feeling towards a type of music that makes you react in a certain way?
Hey David,

every reaction abuses the physical/Life, as within it substance is resourced/mined for the mind consciousness system and by it to allow it to survive. By reacting you are participating in the abuse and thus accepting and allowing it. In that you are also allowing and accepting self-diminishment. Just because a feeling when listening to music seems to be 'positive' in and as your experience it is not in any way 'positive' for your body/the physical, as it is an accumulation of negative energy that the quantum mind interprets as positive because it is getting more energy.

The Quantum Mind Series on eqafe explains this phenomenon in detail: http://eqafe.com/series/21-quantum-mind-self-awareness
Gian

Post by Gian »

No it isnt bad - but then it isnt good either, it is not a judgment of good or bad, it is simply looking at the physical and seeing what the effects is on the physical, any feeling if it is good or bad takes flesh as the physical and transforms it into energy that we then experience as feelings/emotions and with which we create thoughts.

so if there is any reaction as a feeling/emotion then it isnt to judge it, it is to realize what it does tho the physical and that within that seeing and realizing that it is abuse, abusing the physical for a temporary experience that is of and as the mind.

this is but one dimension to consider, then there is looking at why do one react and experience a certain emotion/feeling with certain music, what is the mind-control/brainwashing behind it, how does this experience direct us and our world and in the end how does this create the entire world.

when and as I listen to music I make sure I breathe and that I am breathing and not within an experience within myself, because once there is an experience or any movement within me towards certain music I know one thing, I am/have conditioned myself - enslaved myself to only a certain music and thus giving it the power/permission as the experience to control me and direct me through my acceptances and allowances -

this is a practical way that I apply that is not of judgment as good or bad, and even if you do have an experience as a feeling or emotion within you when listening to music it isnt to separate self from it, it is to Breathe and to see what remains here when breathing, really focus on breathing and not feeding the energy and this way seeing what is real and what is not, because that which isnt real but yet kept alive by the mind feeds of that which is real and thus abuses life.

Return to “Music for Equality”