Books I have read...

YoganBarrientos

Books I have read...

Post by YoganBarrientos »

Hi here are a list of books I have read, which were all mainly for class or school.

Call of the Wild
Holes
Catcher in the Rye
Of Mice and Men
Fahrenheit 451
Adventures of Huckelberry Finn
The Giving Tree
The Giver

So each of these books had at least one lesson if not more that I learned from, that I would say has to do with equality, or at least reveal dimensions about ourselves or current human nature, and so will assist and support in creating equality, through identifying the inequality.

I would like to make a small reference about what each lesson was, or at least the topic of it, for each book.

Call of the Wild
--- Awareness of animals, and how animals are viewed by humans (the main character is a dog that becomes a sled dog and his adventures)
Holes
--- The importance of helping and caring for those around you.
Catcher in the Rye
--- You can protect innocence, you can do anything.
Of Mice and Men
--- The extremes that love for a being can require, or how far we must go to really live love.
Fahrenheit 451
--- How humans/people can be brainwashed and so unaware, and lost in their personal realities
Adventures of Huckelberry Finn
--- Caring for another person, and what that really means
The Giving Tree
--- What we take for granted.
The Giver
--- We can be surprised, and what we believe may not be so.

So I have personally believed, and tested for myself how we can learn new things from unexpected places, such as a certain book. I see it as important to use stories and books because reading is how we assimilate most information in these times. So it takes an effective reader to sift out all the sand and dirt to find the gold nuggets. I encourage people to provide their experiences with books, and particular what positive points or lessons they have learned from a certain book. Maybe someone has read the same books and received a different lesson?
tylersr

Re: Books I have read...

Post by tylersr »

Hmm, I read Catcher in the Rye for school, as well, and while I vaguely remember the main character being a bit of a misfit, your synopsis is interesting to me. "You can protect innocence, you can do anything." Made me consider revisiting this book as that wasn't the perspective I remember getting back then...

Return to “Book Discussions”