Nuclear Energy is the safest form of energy?

YoganBarrientos

Nuclear Energy is the safest form of energy?

Post by YoganBarrientos »

Hey forum,
so I saw this video a while back. I don't KNOW if this is true, or if this guy is lying. But, if it is true then that would completely change the way we consider, not only nuclear energy, but all energy electricity production on the planet earth. I will share my perspectives on it after some time, to leave you to make your own assessment. This is a 1.5 hour video of this guy simply talking to a crowd of people. He claims he helped design the nuclear power plants in the world, and has worked with nuclear energy his entire life. He is an american, and at the very least he is quite entertaining and has quite a personality. So again, I don't know if this is true, but I think it is worth seeing and investigating and comparing that with other sources of information to see whether we can determine what is really going on. I know with Fukushima and the failure of the nuclear power plant, has lead to many concerns of radiation in the ocean. So I say it is worth considering this possibility and investigating whether radiation is indeed safe or not. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyEBQem7tqc
Danielle

Re: Nuclear Energy is the safest form of energy?

Post by Danielle »

Cool. Thanks Yogan.
Garbrielle

Post by Garbrielle »

Yogan, do you have the name of the documentary, the link shared is no longer working and I'd like to watch it. Thanks.
Godfrey

Post by Godfrey »

Albert Einstein -- “Nuclear power is a hell of a way to boil water.”
Indeed, nuclear power is just that – a way to boil water to create steam that turns turbines to generate electricity.

Nuclear energy in it present form is the biggest threat to environment (IMHO) and definitely is the least safe all forms of harnessing kinetic energy.
The big reason for the push towards nuclear, was purely military and with the added benefit once ignited the nuclear reaction can't be undone. Forcing subsequent generations to be lock in to the nuclear industry.

The bi-product of nuclear fusion - is depleted uranium, which is an incredibly hard material that is used in ballistics. This radioactive material is used as anti armor rounds -- radiating soldiers and civilians in modern war zones.

There are a lot of interesting ways to harness energy, but a futuristic one that is available to humanity... is harnessing the Heliosphere of the sun. The current sheet is an electrical ring that emulates from the sun and contributes to cloud cover and other weather phenom. Satellites in geosynchronous orbit could potential relay energy via microwaves or actual cabling back to earth.

The most fundamental thing to understand about electricity, is that it is kinetic. So anything that moves or provides heat - is a potential power source. Hydroelectric dams, wind, solar, geothermal... there are plethora of options and we should utilize them all.

Just to reiterate nuclear power in its present form, is a military invention, with military intents.
my religion is to do good and my country is the world
YoganBarrientos

Hi Godfrey,
for sure the military can use the depleted uranium. The M1 Abrams tank from the US using it for its tank plating. It incredibly strong. The bullets that use depleted uranium tips are very good at penetrating tough materials.

So, within a context of what's best for all, obviously using nuclear energy doesn't mean we have to use the depleted uranium for the military.

Actually, the video that I originally posted and was deleted from youtube, which I can't find, had said that the government purposefully made a campaign to create fear behind nuclear energy waste, so that they can receive the depleted uranium from other countries around the world for a fee! And then use it for their military purposes. Basically the depleted uranium is super valuable.

In this removed video the guy claimed to have built and oversaw the building of nuclear power plants across the US and other countries. One thing he said was that he could drink the water used for cooling the rods. And that it was safe. In this video I just posted above this week, it seems to confirm that indeed the water that cools the spent rods are safe. It seems that water naturally prevents radiation from moving.

Given this above information, it makes sense if Fukushima then never had an issue with nuclear waste entering the oceans. Meaning the water was never contaminated. As far as I understand the spent rods do have radiation, but as long as they are submerged in water than it doesn't or can't affect anything nearby.

I do find your idea of the solar power plants that are in orbit of earth. I also have considered similar ideas, and using lasers to beam it down. This obviously would involve the cooperation among space agencies and scientists and governments.

I'm overall fascinated/interested in all things science. I consider uranium as just another material of the earth found naturally in the crust and holds tremendous Heat, as kinetic energy once you activate split the atoms. It all depends on how you use it and how you make it best for all. I read recently that South Korea has very efficient and effective designs for nuclear power plants, that they have proven.

I wouldn't be surprised if oil and gas companies are pushing the fear behind nuclear power plants too. Basically in this day of today, someone who makes money always has an interest somewhere to spread some ideas/misinformation. The best is to always question it and find ways that you can either test for yourself, or see directly with commonsense. I trust in science in that people are honest and have good-will. Obviously people are limited, but scientists typically aren't in it for the money.
YoganBarrientos

I finally found the right video. This guy is Amazing. Its worth watching all of it: Nuclear energy is completely safe and there is a Scare Campaign to control its valuable $$$ byproducts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejCQrOT ... r_embedded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb6W77Bn5PM

Return to “Documentary Discussions”