Viktors (Eng) Journey To Life

Place your Blogs Here
viktor

Re: Viktors (Eng) Journey To Life

Post by viktor »

Day 387: Who Do You Miss?
https://dreamersjourneytolife.wordpress ... -you-miss/

Yesterday, while chatting with my Destonian friends, we decided to look at WHO WE MISS and what words these persons represent to us. I looked within me and I could see that I missed my father. To me my father represents warmth, acceptance and courage. My father has always been good at meeting new people, socializing, developing and tending to relationships, and as I see it, this is partly because of my fathers WARMTH. He resonates a genuine and innocent care and consideration towards the people he is close to – an attitude of unconditional acceptance – and that is something I would like to develop and create for myself.

Warmth

What does it mean to live warmth?

The way I see it, living warmth is to dare to be open to the world and people around me – to dare to take them inside of me and embrace them. Being warm is to dare to care for more than myself – to dare to be interested in more than myself – to dare to be passionate for more than myself. Being warm is to pulsate with a passion for life and what is best for all – and not accepting and allowing myself to rationalize and find seemingly rational reasons as to why I should not care – why I should not be passionate – why I should give myself fully in service of life.

How can I live this for myself?

I see that being warm with myself is to embrace me, hence I can practice embracing and holding myself. And then I can practice it by motivating myself to CARE for the small things in my life – to CARE for people and responsibilities – to INVEST myself in life and take personal responsibility – that can be done through being serious and attentive within what I am doing – to not do anything half-arsed.

Acceptance

What does it mean to live acceptance?

Acceptance is to embrace myself unconditionally – to not accept and allow myself to make up any reasons as to why I should apparently not accept myself – why it is okay for me to judge myself – why it is okay for me to be rough on myself. Acceptance is to DARE to be gentle with myself – to DARE to be open with myself and see everything of myself without reactions.

When something arise within me, it might be a tough, and for some reason, uncomfortable experience or thought – instead of judging it, and then trying to suppress to – to calmly and without reactions – look at what is going on within me – to observe what is going on within me unconditionally – to see it – and then establish solutions.

Courage

What does it mean to live courage?

Courage would be to not accept and allow myself to buckle down, crumble and go into my fears. Courage is to move forward and create even though it feels tough, even though there are doubts and fears. However for me, more specifically, courage would to put myself out there, to dare to be rejected or pushed away, though not accept and allow that to define who I am and what I have decided to do for myself. This is also what my father is very effective at doing – to place himself out there in the world – to grab the opportunities as they emerge and not accept and allow himself to hold back only because he does not know the outcome beforehand.

I can live courage by doing that which I see is best for me – that which I see is best for all – even though there are fears and doubts within me as to actually pushing on and doing it. Hence courage is simple in its application – it is to DO IT ANYWAY.
viktor

Post by viktor »

Day 388: Is It Possible To Be Too Ambitious?
https://dreamersjourneytolife.wordpress ... ambitious/

Since becoming a father, one of the ways in which my life has radically changed has been that I have a lot less time at my disposal. On a usual weekday, I am able to get home from work, deal with my responsibilities, and then there might be an hour left for me to do with as I decide. Naturally the weekends has come to represent the ‘time’ when I get to really have time for my projects and more time consuming responsibilities. Because of this the weekends are usually packed with things that I have planned that I am going to do. Unfortunately, because I have planned SO many things during the weekend, my schedule tends to become too ambitious. The consequences thereof is that I haste through my tasks, that I become frustrated when things take longer than what I initially planned, and that I become stressed when I see the clock moving forward with unbreakable determination.

I discussed this with my partner, and she brought up the point that I might be too ambitious with my activities/projects/things I desire to be done during the weekdays and weekends and that this then causes me to become/live in a state of stress pressure – and where my responsibilities become burdens/shackles – and not something that I am doing/taking part of as an expression of myself. I can see that she has a point. Instead of realigning my plans when things get too tight, I try to squeeze everything in there through forcing myself to move faster, think faster, do things faster. Hence, from my perspective, I can benefit from approaching this point in a wholly different way – and some of the alignments that I see I have to do is to be less ambitious with my planning – and also – to practice becoming more flexible and easy-going when I see that my plans will not hold up – and that there is a lack of time.

Thus, two words comes up for me that I want to look at/redefine/live in my life to solve this problem of mine: Realistic and Flexible.

Redefining words

Realistic

What is interesting about the word realistic is that, from my perspective, it should be natural to be realistic, considering that we have grown up in a world, that is realistic, and that we are continuously throughout our days faced with a REAL reality. Hence, the reason why I have had difficulty to be realistic is because I have obscured my clarity with feelings and emotions, in this case, particularly hope and fear. Fear being the central point of motivation, where I fear not getting done certain things, and then hope, as the energy that I use to suppress my fear and fool myself that I am able to do and get to more things than what I am actually able to handle.

To live realistic practically would thus be to FORGIVE and LET GO of my fears, and then to proceed making decisions about my day without hope. Instead, I will practice myself to see my reality for what it is – simply for what it is – nothing more than – nothing less than – instead PHYSICAL reality – what is ACTUALLY here for real.

Flexible

Flexible, being able to change direction, change plans, change mindset on the go. This is important, because when something is not working, when there is in-fact to little time for me to walk through an ambitious schedule, that is when it is important to notice this, and allow myself to change direction. Hence to live flexibility with regards to this point would be the ability to act in the moment and dare to change and veer of path when I see that this is the best direction to go.

Self-forgiveness

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to take on too much, to be too ambitious, to try to do too much, and because of that, stretch myself thin, and become stressed and worried, because suddenly, I am not anymore in control, and what seemed to be so simple and easy to get done in my mind, is not as simple and easy in real life

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to go into a ‘minor value complex’ – where I believe that the way I prove my value and worth is by making sure that I can recognition from others because of how many things that I am able to do

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I need to establish my value in life by actions and by showing how good I am at what I am doing – and thus I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to pressure myself to do too much – and to because of that – become locked into a trapped in a state of fear and anxiety – because no matter how much I try to do – there is always more to be done

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not learn how to relax and settle down and be realistic and easy going with my demands, with my schedules and plans for what I am going to do and achieve with the time I have at my disposal

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not be flexible and realistic when it comes to what I have to do, the time at my disposal, and what I am able to get done without placing undue strain on myself – and hence I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not take a breath – to bring myself back here – and make sure that I am realistic, calm and flexible, so that I can approach responsibilities and projects with stability

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to plan for too much, and then become stressed and anxious when my plans do not match my reality – and hence I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to get stuck in my tendency of planning for, and doing too much, not remaining practical and grounded with my plans, and seeing what could work, and also, not placing any value into how much I get done, but instead doing as much as I am able to in any given moment, and not defining myself as less than or more than depending upon how much I am able to achieve

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to create too much to do in my mind from a starting point of fear of not getting enough/sufficient with things done – and thus I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to limit and contain myself into and as a state of stress/anxiety/wanting to get things done – and constantly strive to get more things done – because constantly feel that I am not doing enough things

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not be realistic/practical/common sensical when I make plans/decisions as to what I am going to do throughout my day

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not be realistic/specific and use my experience as to how much time a certain point takes to bring through and complete when I make plans – and then if I notice that I have more or less time – to be flexible and change my plans according to what is required

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not relax, to take a deep breath in, and a deep breath out, when I make plans and look at how to arrange my day – to make sure that I am not driven by an anxiety or fear – but that I am moving myself within and as common sense – that I am walking and pushing myself from within and as a starting point of stability – and that I do not try to within stress/haste – grab any opportunity to make things work out because I fear the consequences if I do not

Self-commitment statements

When and as I see myself making plans or looking at how I am going to arrange my day from within and as a starting point of fear/stress/anxiety – I take a breath – I bring myself back here and I see, realize and understand that in making plans from this experience, I am going to make unrealistic plans, I am going to make plans that I will then hurry, fight, and be anxious/worried about completing, because there simply is not enough time to complete them within, and hence I commit myself to practice being realistic and specific when making plans – to be stable when I do them – to thus also understand that at times I will to be less ambitious with certain points – at other times I will to prioritize and not do other things – that I must weigh and consider what is most important and then learn to make a decision
viktor

Post by viktor »

Day 389: Using My Time To Do What Matters
https://dreamersjourneytolife.wordpress ... t-matters/

With having children one thing that I have realized is the amount of time I used to have at my disposal – BEFORE – having children – which is similar to the realization I had when I started working full time – only then did I understand how much time I had when I did not work full time. It has put into perspective how I use my time. Now, when I sit down to watch a television series, it is not anymore something that I just do. Now is it a decision within me, where I know that if I use this time to look at this series, it will not come back, and I that I will not be able to do the other things I considered. Hence, what having children has opened up has been my relationship to time and what I spend it on.

Because, time is a resource, which only becomes visible and valuable when there is little of it. When people face terminal illnesses, the time left at their disposal becomes invaluable. Or, when a father or mother gets a days vacation, without the presence children to be cared for or household chores to be done, that day becomes precious. Now when I have a child, I understand. I understand why people look and meticulously plan for and dream about their summer vacation – it is all about time. However, what I cannot help to ask is why we do not learn and push ourselves to develop this respectful relationship to time regardless of how much of it we have at our disposal. Would it no have been awesome if we as children and young adults would have used and cherished all that time we had and used it constructively to support ourselves and the building of our future? I say that it would have been.

Unfortunately I cannot go back in time, thus I will have to make due with what is here, and currently there is very little time at my disposal. Hence, what I can do is to push myself to really use, cherish, and hold this time tightly, to make sure that I do not waste a second – where wasting would be to drift off in my thoughts, to remain in a emotional experience, to feel bored, depressed, or listless – MAN – there is no TIME for such nonsense! Because life is meant to be SENSED – and we are meant to ACTIVELY engage with life on all levels of creation. And I find that small children do this very well. They are very attuned to their physical surroundings and live in every moment – FULLY – that is what I mean with USING time – living FULLY – and that is what I want to do and experience with my life.

Hence – I will make sure that I do utilize all of my life – all of my time fully – to not remain in the backseat accepting and allowing things to proceed as they have – on routine – no – I will push myself to life and engage with life actively at any opportunity I get.

Self-forgiveness

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to live in automation mode – and to believe/act is if I have all the time in the world – and as if there are no consequences to wasting my time – and hence I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not take a breath and bring myself back here and actively push myself to live actively – to live in the moment – to use my moments to support myself – to if I have a moment – some time available – to make sure that I utilize it in a way that is supportive and that moves me forward – and that I do not fall into the trap of entertainment and existing but only to be distracted

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to become distracted and lose my connection with physical reality through thinking – through imagination – through spending my time/my breaths in my mind instead of being HERE within and as physical reality – and thus I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realize and understand how I am losing my connection with what is real – here – when and as I accept and allow myself to become obsessed about external points – or entertainment in the form of thoughts arising in my mind – and hence I see, realize and understand that the solution is to breathe and to make sure that my focus – that my attention – that my HERE – my presence and living is HERE

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realize and understand, that in order to live fully, I require to let go of my distractions, let go of my mind, let go of my fantasies, let go of me wanting to exist and remain within and as a state and condition of inner experience/feeling/happiness – where I utilize my thoughts to drug myself into a state of non-recognition – where I am not really here with the physical – and thus I commit myself to effectively in every moment bring myself back to life and living by breathing and remaining practical/physical here – as I see, realize and understand that this is the solution – this is the way forward

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not utilize my time effectively – and hence I see, realize and understand that utilizing my time effectively means that I live/create/move myself in every moment – that I do not wait or postpone or make myself dependent upon my mind for me to create and live – but that every breath is a moment of creation – a moment of bringing myself back here – a moment of grounding myself into what is real – into physical living and participation

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not in every moment remind myself what is real – that it is not the thoughts racing around in my mind – but that it is my breath – that it is my physical, grounded stability here – that is what I am able to trust – that is what I am able to stand by – that is what I am able to hold within me – as I see that this is what I can always fall back upon when things get tough – that my breath is a sacred place of movement and expansion – that here I am able to return in every moment to seek support and assistance and to find direction when there is seemingly none to be found – moment to moment

When and as I see myself becoming distracted by thoughts, or distracted by pictures/movements in my external reality, I take a breath and I bring myself back here, and I see, realize and understand that I am in this moment separating myself from the physical, separating myself from what is real, accepting and allowing myself to become passenger to my mind instead of actively creating myself – and hence I commit myself to take a breath and bring myself back here to actively and fully create myself – and to do that through breathing, coming back to my breath, back into my physical, back into my grounded stability, and that I then proceed to move from HERE and forward into life
viktor

Post by viktor »

Day 391: Living COMPLETELY
https://dreamersjourneytolife.wordpress ... ompletely/

During this week I have focused my application on the immediate living of words in the moment. When I have had a reaction, I have applied a line of self-forgiveness within me, and then I have immediately proceeded to see what word would be supportive for me to live in order to walk through and transcend the reaction. I allowed myself to be unconditional when I looked at the words, to just see what came up, and thus far a couple of interesting words have arisen that I had not applied/lived before – such as the word COMPLETE. And in this blog I am going to expand upon my understanding and application of the word complete.

This word came up within me one morning as I had just woken up, I was preparing to go to work, and I was noticing how stress was building up within me. The stress was primarily about getting to work in time, accomplishing my work, thinking about what I am going to do later in life in terms of work, thinking about whether or whether not I will be able to live in my current house later in life or not; to sum it up – FUTURE ANXIETY. I applied self-forgiveness and looked at what word that could be lived – and then COMPLETE came up within me.

I proceeded to take COMPLETE – I placed it within me chest – and then practiced immediately embodying the word. I could immediately feel a shift in my body – my stance became more upright, stable, certain, yet still, my muscles relaxed and my posture became more natural and balanced. My awareness shifted into what was HERE around me – I was making coffee for myself – hence – I observed and partook in the process with full presence – which was very cool. Then I realized the power of living the word COMPLETE – and how this is a word we as human beings have been really bad at living.

I realized that when living COMPLETE – meaning – I AM COMPLETE HERE – the notion of running, stressing, racing towards or after something becomes ludicrous and nonsensical – what is there to race after if I am COMPLETE here? Why should I think about, constantly strive towards, and attempt and try to achieve something more than myself, when I am COMPLETE?

I then asked myself, if I would consider my current state of living complete, at least in the sense of material standards, who would I be? Would I still be thinking about what kind of job I would have in the future? Would I still be thinking about where I am going to live in the future? In a way, such considerations and thoughts are immaterial – or put differently – unimportant under the circumstances – and if it would so happen that I would die after having made this cup of coffee – then would I ever regret not having lived in a different house? Surely not. My regrets would rather be about who I was as a person, the relationships I was able to create with people in my life, the value and worth that I was able to contribute into the lives of others, the value and worth that I was able to contribute into the life of my own – that would be of importance – that would be relevant – that would be material – and that thus forms a integral part of living the word COMPLETE.

Because living COMPLETE – means that I am COMPLETELY here – and that I make the most – the FULLEST – in every moment to live myself as a COMPLETE person – complete in the sense that I am not separated – spread thin and wide in my mind – where my attention is scattered between all kinds of irrelevant things/ideas/beliefs/emotions/feelings. Standing as the word COMPLETE is thus a completely different experience in comparison to living life from a starting point of inadequacy and feeling incomplete – which so many of us do. And then we try to find completion in our careers, in partners, in children, in all kinds of external manifestations – while all the time missing the point – the living COMPLETE is a matter of principle – a DECISION – that we do and must stand by – and implement in every moment.

Self-forgiveness

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not live the word COMPLETE – as being COMPLETELY here in this moment – being COMPLETELY present – completely directive – completely taking part in my process of self-creation and thus not accepting and allowing myself to be separate – separate from the physical – separate from what is real through having thoughts, images, pictures, fantasies, all kinds of distractions in my mind – take me away from what is real HERE

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realize and understand that completion is not something that I will be able to attain through my external reality, that it is not something that I will be able to earn as money, or acquire as friends, recognition, power or importance – rather – it is something that I must live and apply in every moment of breath.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realize and understand that I will never be able to attain completion – it must be a decision that I make – I must LIVE completion in order to bring it into manifestation

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to forget the word COMPLETE – and accept and allow myself to be scattered into a million of small pieces in my mind – hence forgetting that what is real is HERE – forgetting what I knew and could see as a child – that reality is HERE – and that there is in-fact nothing more to attain/achieve – than what is HERE in a moment – and thus I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to get stuck in a linear way of looking at my life – where it is all processes that goes from A to B – and where there is always a movement from A to B – and thinking that I will only ever be able to relax when I get to B – not seeing, realizing and understanding – that COMPLETION is always HERE

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to separate myself from COMPLETE – thinking that it is a too good a word for me – and that I will never be able to live or stand as complete – because I have not earned it – and thus I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think and believe that I must earn living COMPLETE – that it is something that must come into my life after a long process of showing that I have earned it – instead of seeing, realizing and understanding that it is a word – and that I can make a decision to live it HERE

When and as I see myself longing, looking at, fearing, worrying about, the future in some way or another, where I project a complete version of myself somewhere out there, that I will only be able to attain after a long and arduous process, I stop myself, I take a breath, and I bring that point of COMPLETION here – and I see, realize and understand – that COMPLETION is a decision that I live and not something that I can wait for – and it is not something that I will get from my external reality – it will be something that I create/manifest/life as a decision – and hence I commit myself to practice living COMPLETE – to bring all of myself HERE into the physical and to stand FULLY and COMPLETELY here – and to use moments of falling to learn and become better at standing as a COMPLETE and FULL version of myself HERE
viktor

Post by viktor »

Day 392: When Everything Is Fine
https://dreamersjourneytolife.wordpress ... g-is-fine/

I have found, interestingly enough, that ‘when everything is fine’ it is a lot easier to forget about what is important in life, what we want to achieve, what we decided to set out do and what we want to build and create with ourselves. To become ‘satisfied’ can thus in many ways have a compromising effect on ones momentum/direction, because when we are satisfied it is less likely that we actively take ACTION and push ourselves to excel. For example, let us say that you striven for a long time to get a full time employment. Then, one day you get it – and you experience a deep satisfaction with yourself and your life. And obviously it is cool to enjoy and take pride in such successes, however, problems arise if you now chose to remain in that state of satisfaction – instead of pushing yourself even further with regards to your professional life. Thus – the thing to look out for with satisfaction is to make sure that we do not satiate ourselves – become self-satisfied.

I remember when the word ‘satisfied’ was discussed by Bernard Poolman on the Desteni Farm. He related the word SATIS-F–ACTION to ACTION and said that you will not be satisfied unless you have DONE something – taken ACTION in some way. I agree with and find this definition of satisfaction supportive – because in looking at satisfaction as something that will only come as a result of directive action – it clarifies the differences between satisfaction and for example laziness/apathy/listlessness.

Real satisfaction is thus only something that can come from decisive movement and action – when we move ourselves forward in life – the SATIATION/FULFILLMENT is something that we create through ACTION/MOVEMENT – and that ACTION is a point of moving through our resistances and expanding into the unknown.

This definition is also supportive when investigating why it is that we might feel unsatisfied/disappointed/empty/unfulfilled – what we can ask ourselves if this is the case is: ‘Have I done enough? Am I living my life FULLY in terms of actually creating and living/moving myself FULLY’ – because satisfaction without FULL living would be a lie.

Self-forgiveness

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to go into a state of satisfaction without taking action – where satisfaction becomes a point of laziness and apathy – where I rest because I feel comfortable with my life and my world – though where I am not pushing and challenging myself to walk through my mind – through my boundaries – through my comfort zones – and thus I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not actively and daily push myself to take action in relation to my process and my mind – push myself through – and create myself and my life

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not take action and within this understand that it is through taking action that I will satiate myself and create fulfillment – and hence – ACTION as pushing through my resistances – will bring fulfillment and completion

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realize and understand that living SATISFACTION means that I take daily action in order to fulfill my potential – my BEST – and thus I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not push myself to daily – will and move myself to fulfill and create my BEST – to utilize the tools of self-forgiveness, writing and self-commitment statements in order to bring through my best and utmost potential

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realize and understand that satisfaction will not come through by itself – and that if I experience satisfaction without there being any action behind my experience and stance – then it is not satisfaction – then it is in-fact a form of complacency and apathy – where I believe myself to be satisfied – while I have not in-fact in anyway pushed and willed myself to move myself beyond my limitations

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realize and understand that in order to create myself and my life I have to push through my comfort zones, I have to push through my walls of fear, I have to push through my walls of complacency, I have to walk the extra mile and will myself to fulfill and create myself – and within this I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realize and understand that the fruit of this labor will be satisfaction – that when I make the necessary work and push through – I will be satisfied with myself

When and as I see myself going into a state of complacency, apathy and listlessness, of fake satisfaction, I take a breath and I bring myself back here – and I see, realize and understand that this fake satisfaction is – FAKE – because I have not moved myself, pushed myself, willed myself to create and move forward – and hence – I cannot trust my experience of satisfaction – it is not real in-fact – it is a mirage – because in order to be satisfied with myself I have to will myself to move beyond my comfort zones – my state of feeling fine/okay – and go beyond what I thought was possible for me – that is where I will find real satisfaction
viktor

Post by viktor »

Day 393: Talking Back
https://dreamersjourneytolife.wordpress ... king-back/

In my experience, one of the more destructive patterns in a relationship is the desire/urge to TALK BACK when feeling mistreated/hurt/diminished/unjustly treated. It is a problem to talk back in such instances because I am not entirely stable – and hence my words will be smudged with energy – some of them will not make sense – and they will result in a counterattack from the opposite side. For me, it is has felt like talking back is something that happens automatically, it is something that I really cannot help, or something that I just have to do in order to make sure that I protect myself effectively. These are the justifications that I have used to accept and allow talking back – because really – talking back is a very obvious phenomenon – with clear consequences – it is easy to see when I am talking back and all that would be required is to STOP.

However, I found that even though the pattern of talking back is obvious, it is difficult to stop, and the main reason for this I have found is COMPETITION – I do not want to lose! I do not want to be the one that falls flat on the ground. The problem as such is not talking back in itself – the problem is that I am competing and believe that the words of the other person has real impact, real weight, real power over me and my value as a person, and that I have to ‘strike back’ in order to make sure that the field is equalized and that I am not fighting from a position of inferiority.

Thus – a solution in these moments when I experience an urge to talk back it to remind myself that there is NO competition – the idea that there is a competition only exists in my mind – and as such – I do not have to shape my life around this misconception. I do not have to defend and protect myself when it comes the words others use – it is most definitely an illusion that there would be such a need. And hence – instead of talking back – I can breath – ground myself in my physical – and VOICE myself. And the focus of my VOICING would be to remain stable and calm – and to stick with common sense and with what I see is best – and not for a moment accept and allow myself to fall into the quagmire of competition.

And let us say that I fall and notice that I begin to talk back – here I still have an opportunity to stop – I still have an opportunity to ground myself – to remind myself that it is about MYSELF and that talking back is completely meaningless – because – what I am I trying to accomplish? If I now manage to win this illusory competition – will I get a price? Hardly. Will I feel better about myself? No, because there will still be a on-going conflict between me and the other person. Hence – if I want to WIN for REAL – the solution would be to stick with my stability – stick with my common sense – remain stable – and VOICE myself – standing as an example in that moment of dealing with a conflict situation in a mature way.

Self-forgiveness

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I have to protect myself in situations of conflict – to believe that I have to defend myself and push the other person away in situations of conflict – to believe that I have to use words to convince myself and the other person that I am not losing – and thus I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not remain stable – breathing – understanding that words cannot bring me down

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to talk back trying to win in a illusory competition in my mind – where I think that the words of another can diminish and dis-empower me and that I hence need to be prepared and ready to fend of any attacks and injustices with voicing myself loudly – and in this I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realize and understand that in fending of – that in fighting – that in trying to win and protect myself – I am entirely missing the point of finding and establishing a solution – and obviously that is where my attention should be at – what is the solution in this conflict? What is the direction ahead? How can we move forward in order to create a sustainable solution that is best for all? Those are the questions that should be asked within me – and answered in how I voice myself in that moment

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not place my attention and focus on SOLUTIONS – what is the SOLUTION? How can I move forward? And hence – deliberately and actively move myself away from thinking that I am in a competition and that I need to fight – to will myself to win – to defeat all competition – and to understand within this – that the solution is to make sure that I am stable and that I look at what is best for all and do not lose myself in self-interest

When and as I am in a conflict-situation and I want to talk back, or I have already begun to talk back, I immediately stop myself, I take a breath and I bring myself back here, and I see, realize and understand that talking back will not solve anything, talking back will not protect me, talking back will not give me anything, talking back will not produce anything of value in my life – rather – in order to have value within me and my life – I require to remain grounded and speak COMMON SENSE – speak what I see is best for all – FOCUS on solutions – and understand that words cannot harm or hurt me – and hence I COMMIT myself to VOICE myself – to share solutions of common sense – and to stick with my stability – and to STOP speaking if I notice that I am talking back – and then remove myself – and stabilize myself – and then return to the topic at a later stage – if necessary – within stability
viktor

Post by viktor »

Day 394: A Decade With Desteni
https://dreamersjourneytolife.wordpress ... h-desteni/

In late 2008 I found videos on Youtube which contained a young female from South Africa explaining ‘reptilian logic’. One of the peculiarities was that the female did not speak in her own personal capacity. In the beginning of the video she breathed out heavily, and then took a deep in-breath, and through this process she was able to portal various forms of expressions in existence to come and speak through her body. I had never seen such a thing up to that point in my life and naturally I was blown away. For several months I was transfixed by these videos, and there were already at this point several hundreds of them, and half a dozen of new videos were uploaded every day. This was how I found DESTENI – and this was the beginning of how I came to change my life completely.

When I found the Desteni videos I was a disillusioned, angry, and lazy young man. I was looking for some kind of adventure and purpose in my life. I really had no idea what I was going to do with myself – however – I knew that I did NOT want to become part of the system – I did not want to spend my life breaking my back in the literal or figurative coal mines of the world. I felt a great resistance towards adults and the life they led and judged them as sellouts – that had given up on their childish drive to express in order to ascertain a secure livelihood. Obviously, at this stage in my life, I was still very much immature, and had not yet understood the demands and pressures of living in this world – because I had always had my survival ensured by my parents – there were always enough money – and thus I could afford to judge and place myself outside of the current money system.

This all changed with Desteni. In late 2009 I decided to travel to South Africa to stay on the Desteni farm for three months. Here I met with Destonians from all kinds of locations and nationalities and with the founder of Desteni, Bernard Poolman. It was during my stay at the farm that I came to see that I did have some severe character problems that I had to change. One of the core issues that I identified was laziness and my tendency to move around aimlessly, without direction, without purpose, doing that which I wanted to do because I found it fun/entertaining, and not caring about contributing towards creating something substantial in my own life, let alone in the lives of others. During my stay at the farm I was encouraged to develop DISCIPLINE and to make a DECISION as to the PURPOSE/DIRECTION of my future life. I made the decision within myself to GO FOR IT – and I utilized the tools of Desteni (self-forgiveness, self-commitment statements and writing yourself to freedom) to push my boundaries and go where I had never gone before.

When I got home I decided upon my direction in life – I studied to improve my marks from college and was later admitted to the university. Here I made it my PURPOSE to LEARN and ACQUIRE as much knowledge and skill as was possible in my given field – and for a period of five years – I was completely engulfed in my studies – and recommitted myself each day to do my utmost. I graduated with grades that reflected my commitment and steadfast application – something that I would NEVER have been able to do without the assistance and support of Desteni, the courses, the support and the tools they offer. The Desteni group, that was always a part of my life, helped me as a reminder, to refocus and continuously bring myself back to that which is IMPORTANT – that which is SUBSTANTIAL – that which actually MATTERS. Because, it is SO easy to get lost in this world. There are temptations everywhere – and so many of us invest extreme amounts of energy, effort, time and money into shallow relationships, short term gratifications such as drugs, alcohol, money and sex – while missing that which is of most pressing importance – WHO WE ARE – and OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH OURSELVES.

Desteni has consistently assisted and supported me to bring myself back to that which is important and significant – that which actually means something on a long term basis. Through the courses and tools offered by Desteni I have been able to empower myself in ways which I could not have imagined. It is truly fascinating to have witnessed and been a part of my own process of transformation – where I have moved myself from an obstinate adolescent – to instead wanting to and being willing to walk in this world – to integrate myself into society and the workforce – so that I am able to contribute and give as I would like to receive.

It is now a Decade since Desteni formed and began producing content aimed at supporting people to make the best out of themselves and their lives. For me, that has been part of this organization for several years at this point, I cannot begin to express how grateful I am to have been given the chance to walk with such a rock solid group of people and to have received their support and guidance. Desteni has given me the opportunity to become and do so much MORE in this life – I have grown and matured as a person which is something that will stay with me for the rest of my life. I now dream about a world where everyone will be given the same opportunity as I have and that is something I will strive to create. Everyone deserves the opportunity to develop themselves and their lives and make something extraordinary out of it – this is what Desteni provides.
viktor

Post by viktor »

Day 395: The Power of Writing
https://dreamersjourneytolife.wordpress ... f-writing/

How to remain self-honest and walk process, how to not get distracted and lost in the entertainment offered within the system, how to keep one’s focus and chosen direction in life even though so much time goes into working, money, and other forms of responsibilities that must be handled in order to survive?

These are questions I have been looking at recently, because in acquiring a full time job, getting access to more money and a easier, more comfortable life, it is easy to forget what is important, it is easy to forget one’s purpose, and forgetting that, so many people in this world are without their basic necessities, living in unacceptable conditions, in a system that does not cater to the needs of everyone. What I have found as a solution to this problem is WRITING – the WRITTEN word – that has become my sanity and point of grounding. When everything spins fast, sitting down by my computer, and establishing the words I want to live and stand as within my life helps a lot. In writing, I am able to reaffirm my purpose, direction, movement – I am able to remind myself of what is crucial and what I want to do with myself – because with writing – I have a moment with myself where I am able to deliberately choose my WORDS – and my words become my WORLD.

If we take a look out in the world – we are constantly bombarded with words; advertisements, newspapers, television programs, books, music, conversations with other people – there is a on going soundboard of words entering our worlds daily. Hence – it is not strange that if we ourselves do not take responsibility to design ourselves according to the words we see are best – that we will slowly but surely loose focus – start to slip – forget – become led astray – because we begin to live and integrate words that others have put out into the world – instead of sticking with our own words – that we have decided upon because we see that they are best for us.

Because of this I have decided to put in some time to write most mornings before I leave for work – I use a pen and a paper and I allow it to take time required. However, with writing, I have found that it is not the amount written that matters, it is the principle, the direction, the clarity, the intent, the decisiveness in the words. I can write for an entire day – though if I am not self-honest – it will mean nothing at all. Same is true the other way around, I can write but one sentence, however with that sentence I can change my entire day – I can make a clear decision as to who I am going to be and live that day and then apply it – and through that make a directive and supportive movement in my life.

Hence – with writing – the power lies in writing words that MATTER – writing words that come from the HEART – and then – through writing – looking for and establishing solutions that can be lived PRACTICALLY – PHYSICALLY – HERE. It is through process of placing words that matter that I have been able to support myself to remain grounded and focused on my direction – and hence it is something that I would suggest for anyone interested in supporting themselves to make and create something more with their lives – a life lived from within and as principle – and not moved from thought to thought without any plan or goal.
viktor

Post by viktor »

Day 396: Processing At Work
https://dreamersjourneytolife.wordpress ... g-at-work/

The office I find to be one of the most challenging environments within which to remember and apply the tools of process; breathing, self-forgiveness, self-corrective statements and self-corrective application. While at the office, I find it to be very, very easy to loose myself in a rushed state – and illusion of time constraints where I become convinced by my own belief that I literally do not have any time left whatsoever to be utilized for my process.

For example let us say that I have a reaction at work; anxiety comes up in relation to finishing a particular task that has been assigned to me. The common sense in such a moment would be to stop up, take a breath, look at this anxiety, apply a fitting line of self-forgiveness, find a corrective word to live, and then apply it, and continue walking. Having such a simple approach each time there is a reaction within me that I have difficulty to stop on the go would make A LOT of difference for me. However, because I have this illusion of hurry within me – I do not take those moments that would be so good for me to do.

An interesting point that I have noticed is that usually, there is time available at work to stop up and deal with inner experiences that open up. Though I have to use my time effectively. And here I have seen that while at work, there is a tendency to spend the time I do have available on things such as coffee breaks, long lunches, etc. – breaks that could be shortened where time would be released that I could instead utilize to apply the tools of process and move myself forward within myself in relation to what I am going through. Potentially, I could instead of using my lunch break to eat and then sit and talk about something that have no real meaning or depth to it, go and write in my journal for a moment, and outline my inner process for that day in words – which would also be really assisting and supportive for me to remain stable and efficient in dealing with what comes up within me.

Thus – I have realized that learning to apply process while participating in the normal everyday things and responsibilities of life holds the key of moving fast and efficiently through what comes up within me. I always have the tools with me, it is simply a matter of remembering them, and applying them, and then doing it over and over again until I have come through. Work is no excuse for not walking process, having many responsibilities is no excuse for not walking process, being a parent with young children is no excuse for not walking process – because process is ALWAYS here – it is simply a matter of making the decision to bring process HERE.
viktor

Post by viktor »

Day 397: Why Matter Matters
https://dreamersjourneytolife.wordpress ... r-matters/

I matter – what does that mean? What does it mean for me to matter to myself? How can I matter in my daily living, in the simple things, in the regular, everyday stuff? These are questions that have opened up for me recently as I have begun to investigate the word MATTER.

The word MATTER is interesting – it is both a noun and a verb; MATTER as a noun is the physical – an earthly manifestation that is HERE – MATTER as a verb – as I MATTER is me making the decision to matter – to live in a way where things have meaning, purpose, depth and importance. Living matter is about making the small moments count. When I wake up in the morning – it is about waking up in a way that honors me as MATTER – where I make sure to for example – not oversleep – not accept and allow myself to be lethargic and depressed as I head to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for myself, not linger in emotional or feeling experiences but rather – immediately push myself to establish a solution.

Something that matters is by its very definition important and valuable – it is an integral part – a point that cannot be sidestepped or pushed to the side – because then the entirety will not be as efficient and great as it could have been. When I decide that I will live MATTER and bring this word through in all areas of my life – what happens is that actions/events that I would normally have viewed as a waste of time, unnecessary, unimportant, insignificant, becomes important and significant – becomes building blocks of self – because the reality of the situation is, that in building my character – ALL MOMENTS are equally important – ALL moments MATTER – because I am here in the PHYSICAL – and a integral part in all of them.

Hence – there are different ways/methods in which things can be approached – and here I am talking about the daily things such as waking up, preparing breakfast, taking a shower in the morning, driving for work, being at work and participating in the various tasks associated with that – that is to say – DAILY MENIAL TASKS. Those daily tasks can either be approached as a mundane, trite and monotonous events that I simply have to get through – or get done as soon as I am able to so that I can have time left over to just relax – OR – they can be approached as important building blocks of my life and by implication ME – that I can participate within FULLY and WHOLLY – and through that LEARN/EXPAND/EMPOWER myself and OTHERS – as I push myself to live in such a way that ALL of my life MATTERS.

The biggest challenge towards changing my approach and making life MATTER in all its aspects is the emotional experience of blasé/complacency – feeling bored with repetition – and hence not making the decision to live to my utmost but simply live in a way that I have always done because – hey – it gets the work done. Its easy to justify feeling bored about life – it is easy to justify feeling that life is hard, dull, without excitement or fulfillment – because everything is just about work and survival – it is very easy – THOUGH – that does not make it true, neither does it make it acceptable. Because – look – as children we were able to make even the smallest, tiniest and most minute parts of our day MATTER – and it was not because everything was new to us back then – it was because of HOW we approached it; children approach things with PRESENCE and they interact with their reality HERE – and when you live in such a way – LIFE opens up in a completely different way – because now processes of expansion/learning/movement starts to naturally flow and come forth even in the most quotidian of tasks.

Making things MATTER is a matter of PRINCIPLE and DECISION – things will not matter unless we decide that they do – our breakfast, how we prepare our food, what we eat, and how we eat will not be important unless we decide that it is. Caring for and tending to our ourselves, relationships, animals, properties, work will not be important unless we decide that it is. Hence – living matter is to make the decision to value and treat what is here with respect and consideration – it is to understand that in each moment we are interacting with matter – and that matters – and if we embrace and make that consideration and respect a part of ourselves – our reward will be a fulfilling life with purpose and depth – words that so many of us feel that we are currently lacking.

Return to “7 Years Journey to Life”