Place your Blogs Here
tylersr

Tyler's Journey to Life

Post by tylersr »

Anna

Re: Tyler's Journey to Life

Post by Anna »

Cool Tyler!

As you place the links to your blogs here, please also place the text - this way we can give feedback directly here on the forum and others may be supported by your writings.

Thanks.
tylersr

Post by tylersr »

Day 2- Standing Stable in my Relationship to my Mother

In this post I am going to investigate a recurring point in relation to my mother. Throughout time I have not had a good relationship with my mother. I have expected certain behavior from her and when my expectations were not met, I became frustrated and distraught. I realize that I have based my expectations of her on the idea of how she ought to act as “Mother.” This plays into certain roles imprinted within me by society in terms of what a good mother should represent.

Interestingly, this conception of motherness plays into a hierarchical structure in society and one based upon competitiveness. Wherein we compete for attention based upon the images we wish to project into others of ourselves. A fear of not being able to make it in this structure leads us to find ways to manipulate others into accepting a certain viewpoint of ourselves- one that allows us to enjoy an advantage over others so as to secure our financial and existential well-being.

Within this, I see that I have expected my mother to support me in this role-playing game where she ought to do everything she can to assist me in getting a leg-up on the competition. While she has given much support to me financially and otherwise throughout my life, I have not felt in a long time as if her efforts were adequate. I did not feel as if my relationship with her was supporting my ability to compete with others for social attention and money.

I see now that it is up to me to stand stable within myself regardless of any idea of how she ought to be, regardless of any notion of how a mother and son in this modern society ought to be. This means transcending traditional roles and remaining stable within who I am until my accumulated self-change and the corresponding change in the world amounts to a result which is best for everyone. My expectation of her in this regard is not the issue- it is my remaining stable here, in every moment of breath, until the systems which do not support life are abandoned for those which support the best life possible for everyone.

I am walking the Desteni ‘I’ Process Lite, a free online course with buddy support, and learning to uncover my less-than-what’s-best points, release them, and commit myself to walk with and as what’s best for all.

Suggest to investigate the Living Income Guaranteed to learn how you can support an economic system that eradicates poverty and ensures all are given equal access to the shared resources of the earth.
Marlen

Post by Marlen »

Hi Tyler, cool for writing this out

What I suggest is now writing the self forgiveness on this expectations you created within you toward your mother within the ideal of how mothers should be, this way one ensures that one is taking responsibility for the projections generated - explaining and describing them in detail - so that whenever the same thoughts and expectations come up within you, you can stop yourself from continuing feeding them and instead, see what it is that you are wanting to get/obtain from another and how you can work to give it to yourself, to give to you, to be come the point that you see you are wanting others to be for you.

So yes, a part of it is transcending the expected roles, but also looking at what it is that you were exactly expecting from her, and where your expectations have not been met, so as to see how we then project onto others our own dissatisfaction toward them, without realizing that the ideal/expectation was not met in reality because it was never founded on reality,but our own desires, our own self interest. And so we take responsibility for our expectations and instead investigate how you can correct the point, how you can give to yourself that which you are expecting from others, and whether such expectations are self-supportive, like
". I did not feel as if my relationship with her was supporting my ability to compete with others for social attention and money."
So here is where one has to begin questioning whether such social attention and money as a desire and aim in your life is self-honest, is it best for all or is it only standing within a personal desire? So it's interesting to start seeing how we tend to blame others for not satisfying our point of self interest, without questioning the point of self-interest in the first place for what it is and implies.

Enjoy your self-writing and Journey to Life blogging!
tylersr

Post by tylersr »

Day 3: Creating Effective Relationships

It is common to consider that actually changing the world is a difficult task. There are so many distractions as justifications to not be a change agent and with most people not standing up to create a better world it is easy to make the statement “What’s the point of me acting to change the world?” However, for those who dare to effect positive change there is at our disposal a powerful fact. And that is that if a group of people comes together to work towards change, an accumulation can occur.

Change is measured in physical accumulation- in the real, tangible effects we have on our world. Those that choose to come together under the auspices of change can work with what is here while standing as an example for others that it is in fact possible to be effective. Over time, as people see the effect of this small group of people and make the decision to join the group, it grows, expanding in scope.

We at Desteni are doing just this. In exposing ourselves through blogs and vlogs and presenting solutions to be walked, we have committed to being this expanding group. In this way we build effective relationships of mutual support as we walk this process and transcend the limited thinking which leads some to abandon the task of change. Instead of closing ourselves off in circles of friends and family which exist outside of the sphere of change, it is possible to seek out and build upon relationships which support ourselves in changing ourselves and, so, the world.

This is an invitation to join us. There is a forum where you can share your process of walking Self-Forgiveness on points within yourself where you see you are not supporting what is best for all in this world and receive feedback as you walk the Self-Correction. I mean, it’s really possible to change oneself, we are proving it every day in many ways.

I also encourage you to check out the Living Income Guaranteed as an economic proposal to change this world into a place where all life is supported to the fullest extent possible. We would love to hear your feedback on the solutions presented therein as this is an ongoing process of changing the systems which currently govern life in a less-than-optimal way.
tylersr

Post by tylersr »

Day 4: Self-Forgiveness on Expectations of my Mother

In Day 2: Standing Stable in my Relationship to my Mother, I wrote how I expected my mother to support my striving for social attention and money. As I see that this expectation was built upon the belief that I am incapable of supporting myself financially (and so expected her to do that for me) I will write out self-forgiveness statements in relation to those points.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that I need to compete for social attention in order to secure a job and make money.

I forgive myself that I’ve accepted and allowed myself to romanticize the idea of a mother-son relationship in relation to projecting an image of myself as a good son in order to curry favor with a potential employer. Within this, I forgive myself that I’ve accepted and allowed myself to believe that I need my mother to participate in this projection by acting in collusion with me to create an image of me in another to get/hold a job.

I forgive myself that I’ve accepted and allowed myself to not realize that in believing that I need to create social attention in a positive way I am ignoring the negative aspect which is that I am not certain in myself that I am capable of holding a job.

I forgive myself that I have not allowed myself to investigate myself in terms of my starting point of wanting money where I didn’t explore the entire picture in terms of why it is I need a job and how I can prepare myself to be an effective employee but instead relied upon the idea of myself manipulating someone to create an image in their mind without in fact testing this in reality.

I forgive myself that I’ve accepted and allowed myself to fear society from the perspective that I believed that if I didn’t participate in an acceptable relationship with my mother and was able to be examined as such by a potential employer/others, I could not support myself in a job and thus have access to money.
tylersr

Post by tylersr »

Tyler’s Journey to Life: Day 5- I Have not Had Sex in a Long Time

I have not had sex in a long time. It would appear as if this fact is having a negative effect on my world.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear the judgements of others because I have not had sex in a long time.

I forgive myself that I’ve accepted and allowed myself to believe that I cannot be a good older brother to my younger brother because I have not had sex in a long time.

I forgive myself that I’ve accepted and allowed myself to fear that a woman might judge me for not being sexually experienced because I haven’t had sex since I was younger and have therefore not developed an effective sexual ability.

I forgive myself that I’ve accepted and allowed myself to believe that one’s sexual status is important.
barbara

Post by barbara »

Cool Tyler!

Now you can write out your corrective statements of what you will do when and as the thought/idea/belief comes up within you again. Add your realizations that you want to remember along with stopping in one breath. Before though, suggested to also investigate if there are visualizations and imagined play-outs pertaining to reactions by your environment. How would they know you haven't had sex, for instance, then the imagined scenario of them asking you, it somehow being revealed etc. together with the emotional charges you then allow, for instancee shame, embarassment and such. Then what is 'being a good brother', what does it entail? What is 'sexual ability', who are you within and as sex, what is 'sexual status' in your mind?

Remember to check out the eqafe.com series on 'What is Sex?', too! https://eqafe.com/series/6-what-is-sex

Thanks for sharing!
tylersr

Post by tylersr »

Tyler’s Journey to Life: Day 6- Self-Forgiveness on Being a Rebel

A point which has come up is my relationship with authority.

From Merriam-Webster’s online dictionary (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/authority):

au·thor·i·ty

noun \ə-ˈthär-ə-tē, ȯ-, -ˈthȯr-\

: the power to give orders or make decisions : the power or right to direct or control someone or something

: the confident quality of someone who knows a lot about something or who is respected or obeyed by other people

: a quality that makes something seem true or real

So we see that authority is basically synonymous with power in that first definition. As in, the power to make decisions that effect another. My relationship with those who have been placed in positions of power throughout my life has taken a generally oppositional nature. From an early age I defied orders from parents and teachers, eventually gaining a reputation as a class clown for my tendency to disobey rules.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to participate in the Rebel Character as feeling cool.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to have an oppositional nature to Police Officers.

I forgive myself that I’ve accepted and allowed myself to isolate myself within wanting to hold onto the idea of myself as a rebel wherein I convince myself that I am better off alone because I am a true freedom fighter and others are too stupid/selfish/ignorant to join the fight.

I forgive myself that I’ve accepted and allowed myself to hold onto the memory of myself as a shaman, where I was important in manipulating people into doing the right thing.

Within this, I realize that I made a decision to not walk what is best for all for selfish reasons. I see that I have designed my life around trying to hold onto this selfish idea of myself instead of walking back to that point of deliberate abdication of self-responsibility. Instead of opposing authority within the delusion of my own free-will:

I commit myself to align myself with the True Authority of Life as the Physical.

I commit myself to direct all points of energetic fluctuation to nothingness so that all that remain is the physical, here, expressing and living what is best for all.

I commit myself to walk a process of Self-Forgiveness and Self-Correction as Self-Commitment in Self-Discipline so that I may one day be granted true authority as a Creator of Life as what’s best for All.

Walking this process of measurable change will require Self-Discipline, something which those placed in positions of power have managed to neglect teaching many of us. Therefore, it is up to us to invest in establishing Self-Discipline to act in ways which are best for all in establishing a world where all life is supported to the utmost extent possible. This is what is being proposed in the Living Income Guaranteed.

Meanwhile, those of us who dare to support life must walk a process of aligning ourselves with the principle of what’s best for all, something which will take Self-Correction through Self-Forgiveness and walking Self-Commitments to change ourselves in a real, measurable way. There are people walking this process and publishing themselves in the Journey to Life blogs.

You may also want to check out DIP Lite- it’s a free course with a Buddy where you learn the basics of self-forgiveness and learn how to apply yourself to become a maximally effective human being.

Other cool links:

Desteni-Universe

Desteni PRO

Desteni Forum

EQAFE- Self-Perfection Merchandise with many free downloads.
tylersr

Post by tylersr »

Day 7- A New Paradigm for Competition

This post relates to my previous blog-post about “being a rebel” which you can read here.

Within this post I am going to take a look at the way in which I compete. In light of reading about evolutionary philosophy, it’s clear that I need to reexamine my starting point in relationship to competition. If you haven’t read that blog-post, I highly recommend it.

I realize that I have tended to take a passive-aggressive approach to competition wherein I saw that other people tended to compete in subtle yet abusive ways amongst one another and, instead of directly involving myself, I sought to compete by differentiating myself from the crowd. Wherein I would sort of let the people in my workplace or wherever duke it out, make fools of themselves, and then I would appear the hero for being “above all that.”

I forgive myself that I’ve accepted and allowed myself to not realize that, despite believing that I was above the crowd in my passive competition, I was competing for the same things as everyone else: money and energy.

I forgive myself that I’ve accepted and allowed myself to think and believe that competing for money and energy is all there is.

I forgive myself that I’ve accepted and allowed myself to be directed by the feeling generated by specialness in relation to others.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to seek out the feeling of specialness in relation to others as a way of hiding from my fear of powerlessness in the face of the system wherein I was trying to hide from the fact that I am equally subject to a system that operates on money and energy within my illusion of specialness.

I forgive myself that I’ve accepted and allowed myself to not realize that instead of competing for energy and money within limitation as a system-robot, it would be quite amazing to compete with others within trying to make the world the most awesome expression possible.

When and as I see myself going into the passive agressive holier-than-thou character in relation to those competing for energy and money, I stop, I breathe.

When and as I see myself giving into the feeling-energy of specialness in relation to others, I stop. I am not specialness defined within limitation dependent upon an abusive system.

I commit myself to change myself into an agent for change towards a world which expresses playful competition within the principle of what’s best for all.

Return to “7 Years Journey to Life”