Self Commitment Journal

Andrew

Re: Self Commitment Journal

Postby Andrew » 22 Aug 2016, 06:19

Day 7

Well, day 7 was actually a day late. So I actually didn't fulfill the commitment of walking 7 days in a row but you know, I have found that within my process, I don't always meet my goal, exactly how I plan them out. In fact, this has been quite a specific point for me in my life/process in terms of how to respond when I don't meet a goal exactly as planned. So I crash and burn, or do I take a breath, re-direct and continue on.

I can see a part of me wanting to go into the whole failure Character, telling myself I failed, and didn't live up to my goal, and just go into an experience of myself as a failure. And in this not look at the actual physical results that I did achieve and the cool points that came from setting the commitment and pushing myself to walk it.

In the past and still today I do see that tendency and programming point to "hate on" myself when I don't follow through on points exactly as I had committed to do, where I will just get down on myself and refuse to see the path that I had actually just walked where I will brush off the actual practical improvements that did in fact come from walking a particular commitment, even if it didn't go exactly as planned.

So from here, I am going to continue developing this painting commitment point. I will likely here start another commitment in some form and continue on my process of developing this art point for myself.

Andrew

Postby Andrew » 23 Aug 2016, 02:16

Day 1

Alright so I have decided to continue with the process of Developing Paintings Daily as a point of Self Movement within this particular point.
In stepping back and looking at this point in my life, I can see that walking another 7 day commitment would be beneficial for me to continue moving this point daily, and essentially continuing to follow through with this point because simply doing 1 week of consistent movement isn't enough.

Basically, I can see it makes sense to simply continue here with another 7 day process and see how it goes.

My experience in relation to this is "you don't really want to do this" meaning where there isn't a "Strong drive" to take on this point and follow through with this next one week commitment, and in a way I experience it as an obligation.

Though, if I simply look practically at the point, Continuing to apply myself consistently within this point makes the most sense.
So from this perspective, it will be interesting to begin this process from where I am standing where there isn't a strong drive to do it, but more a common sense practical view of it, and to see how this goes compared to when for instance I set a goal or commitment and there is an initial strong drive or will to do it, which on some I have understood to be more energy based on some level.

Okay will see how it goes.

Andrew

Postby Andrew » 31 Aug 2016, 04:31

Thought I would update my Commitment Journal Here of Painting Everyday.

Well, one day after I made the new commitment to walk another 7 day making art every day commitment, I received news that the art gallery that I am currently partnering with is closing down in the next couple months. This was quite a piece of news to receive. And so since then all of my extra time has been allocated to reaching out to other galleries to form a new partnership. As a result, this particular commitment was paused for a moment until I get the necessary points aligned again to be able to continue with this dimension of my art practice. So overall, it has been quite a week since getting that news and then kind of reassessing everything and moving forward with new potentials. At this point it is one day at a time, doing what is practically here to do, and moving through and letting go of the fear that tries to assert itself.

This was a situation where pausing that goal for myself was practically the way to go. Just because I set a goal/commitment does not mean I need to compromise myself to follow through with it. The point is to support myself to walk through those "mind excuses" that prevent me from Living to my fullest potential, but in this case it was more my Practical Reality, that required some urgent attention so basically I shifted my attention I would have given to that to reaching out to other galleries, so from a certain perspective, still developing the "art point" overall. Just within a different aspect of it, focused more on networking for the moment.

Okay just thought Id update
bye

Return to “Writing Yourself to Freedom”