Danie's Writings

Danie

Re: Danie's Writings

Post by Danie »

DAY 116: Speaking In Emotional States Has Consequences

In my day-to-day life I usually do not have strong emotional reactions to events/situations. My life is very stable. I have a roof over my head, I have completed a course, I have friends that I can speak to when we're all done with placement [lol], and I have something I want to create in future for myself. So, normally, on a day-to-day basis, the people I surround myself with are kind people, and I still have many opportunities for myself. I've not had many difficulties in my life with people since changes were made several months ago. So, everything has been fine, and if something did arise I'd fine appropriate ways to direct it.

Recently, an event/situation did occur that I reacted heavily too. I couldn't hold my emotions back even when I tried to breathe. It was ok to let out the emotions. But what I ended up doing was speaking to individuals in an emotional state. Speaking in an emotional state means using words we really do not mean and/or if stable would not say.

After reflecting on my emotional states & the characters I lived out, I do realise that speaking in an emotional state has consequences.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see/realize/understand that speaking in an emotional state to/towards individuals can cause more consequences because we may say things we do not mean, and/or would not say if we were stable.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to speak in the giving up emotional state to/towards people.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to speak in the sorry character/emotion state to/toward people

When and as I see myself heavily reacting to words that someone has said to me - I stop and I breathe - I realize that speaking in an emotion to/towards this person could lead to me saying words that if I were stable, would not say, therefore, a way that I can direct the situation is to distance myself from people while in the emotional state, breathe through it, write about, forgive it, and come up with a solution for the event/situation so that It doesn't happen again and/or that which happened is solved.

Return to “Writing Yourself to Freedom”