Danielle's Writings

Danielle

Re: Danielle's Writings

Post by Danielle »

DAY 110: Thoughts Are Not Me

For at least 6 days I've been existing in a state/mode of completing assignments. If I am in this state/mode, it requires me to think, gather information, and process information. All of which I've used mental effort for. I then have classes two days a week which take up my focus on more learning. For the last 6 days, I've felt that I haven't been myself, and I feel absolutely trained, designed, and prepared in a workers mindset for the specific tasks I will be doing when I get out into the workforce.

I do feel like I've lost sight of myself with all of this information/knowledge. That may not make sense to some people, but it makes sense to me. I grateful that I am confident, ready, and prepared for working in the areas that I am now trained in. The reasons I've lost myself is because I've been so focused on the knowledge/information and learning so much without a focus on the breath. That is how I see it. I've been existing as mind for a long time.

I came notice the other night, that I can't keep existing unaware of breath. I do not feel myself when I am unaware of breath. When I realised that if I am going to be aware of breath, I have to realise that the thoughts, each one of them, is not to be listened to. meaning, I have to breathe through each thought and not participate in it. When I do that I feel more here, and like life is not just blur.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to forget to breath when I am learning, participating in a task, and/or interacting with people.

I forgive myself that i haven't accepted and allowed myself to see/realize/understand that if I breathe past each thought, I can no longer participate init, or allow for it to be/become me in that moment.

I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to allow for various thoughts to direct me in behaving certain ways that could potentially be detrimental to myself and others.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see/realize/understand that I do have the power, with the use of the breath, to stop thoughts from being the directive principle of my actions, words and deeds.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to get so caught up with the process of being trained, and processing knowledge/information that I forget to be aware of breath.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fall for certain thoughts that come up in my mind when I am working on consistency with the breath.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be/become each thought that comes up in my mind.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see/realize/understand that one of the ways to silence my mind is by using the breath as a tool to stop participation in thoughts.

I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to not see/realize/understand the importance of consistency when being aware of the breath.
Danielle

Post by Danielle »

DAY 116: Speaking In Emotional States Has Consequences

In my day-to-day life I usually do not have strong emotional reactions to events/situations. My life is very stable. I have a roof over my head, I have completed a course, I have friends that I can speak to when we're all done with placement [lol], and I have something I want to create in future for myself. So, normally, on a day-to-day basis, the people I surround myself with are kind people, and I still have many opportunities for myself. I've not had many difficulties in my life with people since changes were made several months ago. So, everything has been fine, and if something did arise I'd fine appropriate ways to direct it.

Recently, an event/situation did occur that I reacted heavily to. I couldn't hold my emotions back even when I tried to breathe. It was ok to let out the emotions. But what I ended up doing was speaking to individuals in an emotional state. Speaking in an emotional state means using words we really do not mean and/or if stable would not say.

After reflecting on my emotional states & the characters I lived out, I do realise that speaking in an emotional state has consequences.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see/realize/understand that speaking in an emotional state to/towards individuals can cause more consequences because we may say things we do not mean, and/or would not say if we were stable.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to speak in the giving up emotional state to/towards people.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to speak in the sorry character/emotion state to/toward people

When and as I see myself heavily reacting to words that someone has said to me - I stop and I breathe - I realize that speaking in an emotion to/towards this person could lead to me saying words that if I were stable, would not say, therefore, a way that I can direct the situation is to distance myself from people while in the emotional state, breathe through it, write about, forgive it, and come up with a solution for the event/situation so that It doesn't happen again and/or that which happened is solved.
Danielle

Post by Danielle »

DAY 117: I Can Do Better

If information is given by someone about me I do reflect on it. I'll try to find where this bit of information relates to me. I'll look from all sides because I am someone who reflects and want to know where every bit of information comes from. If I cannot I'll end up obsessing for a while until I do understand it. So, every bit of information that is said to/towards I do take on board.

There was information that was given to me by someone a few days ago. This bit of information was that ''I am not assisting/supporting myself enough in my process''. My first reactions to this was to deny this and say ''I am doing the best I can''. But knowing me I want to reflect on it, give it a chance, and look at where I am living this.

What I could not accept is the words ''I am not assisting/supporting myself'' so I simply switched them to mean ''I can do better''. Which made sense to me and seemed less defeated in my eyes. When I switched the words, I did end up agreeing that I can do better in my process.

Ways I can be better in my process is to not be so resistant to the knowledge/information that is shared on social media on Desteni/by Destonians. In that there are more points I have to push pas those points and take responsibility for. I do see this as one of the main factors that can help me become better.

What stops me from reading the knowledge/information is that fear of me starting to understand and make sense of what this is all about. It may be fear of myself, fear of changing because with the knowledge/information it helps, and designed to assist/support. It could be that I am a person who thrives on structure and when there is no structure I resist because I'll feel extremely cluttered with knowledge/information that is on this topic, that topic, etc.. No matter what it is, I can do better in my process.

I do realise that taking it in will help me to create an understanding.

I do realise that I do have to give up things in my life to assist/support me in my process.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be resistant to information that is on so many different topics that relate to Desteni.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to complain about there being no structure in information that is shared

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I cannot learn without structure

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be so quick to deny what an individuals says to me in assistance/support of my process.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be resistant to learning more about Desteni because of the time that I will to invest into it.

I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to believe that being better at process isn't going to take much time.

I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to fear reflecting, and pondering on knowledge/information that I read

I forgive msyelf that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear having the knowledge/information

I forgive myself that I have accpted and allowed myself to fear my own reactions to the knowledge/information

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see/realize/understand that I will need to give up on my old ways to assist/support myself in my process

I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to not see/realise/understand that if I am serious about process and want to do better, I'll need to have an interest in understanding it more to assist/support myself in process.

When and as I see myself resisting to read information/knowledge that I see could assist/support me - I Stop and I breathe - I realise that to do better for myself I will need to invest time into reading & working with knowledge/information that may challenge who I am, and that will assist/support me to see more of myself.
Danielle

Post by Danielle »

DAY 117: Fears Of Dementia

The definition for dementia:

a chronic or persistent disorder of the mental processes caused by brain disease or injury and marked by memory disorders, personality changes, and impaired reasoning.

I've begun my placement at an Aged Care facility. The first week I've been working in the dementia ward. In the dementia ward, I've built a good rapport with staff & residents. Being around elderly with dementia has exposed me to the symptoms of dementia and the physical condition in a deteriorated state. I've had fears about my body deteriorating & having dementia.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear not being able to speak in speech that makes sense

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear not having my much sense there other than the physical

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear being entirely physical without any type of ableness to speak a sentence to people.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear my brain deteriorating to a state where I can no longer remember anything from short-term moment.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear to lose my ability to process information at a stable level

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear being/becoming lonely, isolated, and in a secured ward not being able to leave

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear my brain cells deteriorating to the degree where my body's functioning is impaired making it difficult for as a person to come through.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear my physical body deteriorating to the extent of my skin hanging from my bones.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear not being able to remember significant people in my life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear ending up in a dementia ward in a nursing home.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear someone having to change my underwear, incontinence, wipe my ass, and showering me as a result of the severity of dementia.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear being a dementia resident whom is handled by individuals who are rough & don't know what they're doing.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear being in a nursing home where staff do not take the time to give conversation.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear being a dementia resident that cannot defend oneself against elder abuse from staff

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear losing the person I am to dementia

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear having dementia and family watching the deterioration process.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear putting friends & family through sadness about the deteriorated state of dementia

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear being a dementia resident in a nursing home that has nothing much to do but watch tv and sleep.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear my teeth falling out as I age

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear having false teeth.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear becoming physically weak

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear having to live on the same foods each day.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear being bed-ridden.
Danielle

Post by Danielle »

DAY 119: Workplace Gossip

In social environments, I've seen and heard people gossip about others. Every social environment I've been in has not been without it. My observations of gossip have lead me to see it as people who do not understand or have not taken the time to understand a person, and would prefer to focus on bringing a person down rather than assisting/supporting themselves and another. That's how I see gossip from my own personal experience of seeing and hearing it. Gossip doesn't help the person that is gossiping or being gossiped about. If a person gossips about someone then it is likely that people will not trust you, and the person you're gossiping about is likely to have judgments placed on them which hinder how people see/view them. For those who simply accept what other people say about another, it can limit one from getting to know a person, and so themselves. Gossip doesn't benefit anyone. If we have something to say about someone, we should go to that person, and confront them with it. It may assist/support them to strengthen themselves, and build a bridge to communication on levels that can be assistive/supportive for all. In life we should always strengthen a person rather than bring them down and make them weaker.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fall into the pattern of gossiping about another to fit in and build relationships in the work environment.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see/realize/understand that gossiping about someone does not help form healthy relationships with others.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to give into speaking about other people when I know that gossip is not beneficial for myself or others.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to go against what I know about gossiping and the harm it has to build relationships or to feel good about myself.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want/desire to fit it and build relationships with individuals through gossip & making fun of people.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that gossip & making fun of people is worth doing to maintain a friendship with individuals.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear having no friendships in the workplace/work environment

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see/realize/understand that I can build friendships that do not involve gossip

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see/realize/understand that healthier friendships can be built without gossip.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to put someone else down in my mind because of how other people view this particular person.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see/realize/understand that finding out who the person is myself is the best option because people are different depending on the approach, who you are, and what you say to them.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see/realize/understand that gossip doesn't help anyone.

I forgive mysefl that i have accepted and allowed myself to put someone else down to feel good and better about myself.

I forgive myself that i haven't accepted and allowed myself to see/realize/understand that a situation can be resolve through confronting a person, communicating with them, getting to know them, and building a stable bridge for communication to come back and forth that can strengthen each other for a healthier friendship or relationship.

I commit myself to find out about a person myself.

I commit myself to not participate in workplace gossip about people.
Danielle

Post by Danielle »

DAY 120: Feeling Wrong About Doing What Is Best For All

This week I've witnessed two incidents that I've had to voice/speak up about to individuals in certain positions. What I witnessed was unacceptable behaviour that was not in the best interest of all involved. Having to voice/speak up about it to individuals was very difficult for me because of the fear, worry, and whether or not something would be done. The fears I had were that my safety would be at risk, that I would have decreased chances of getting a job, that people in particular environments would not like me, or see me as a 'rat' and would not want to work alongside me. When it came time to voice/speak up about it, I did doubt myself, and I questioned if it was worth it or not. One should not doubt themselves on matters that need to be voiced/spoken about... Especially for those cannot speak/voice for themselves. If something doesn't seem right, acceptable, and is abuse, then one should immediately step into action to take the necessary step to present unacceptable behaviour that is likely to cause harm or is not in the best interests for all. Each one of us has a responsibility to do this.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel bad about telling people about someone's unacceptable behaviour

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that it is wrong to go to people in certain positions to let them know about unacceptable behaviours/actions to/towards people.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel wrong about speaking up about the behaviour of another individual to/towards someone who is unable to speak/voice for themselves.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to doubt myself of what I saw and what I heard

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that going to the people in positions to do something about unacceptable behaviour, to be not worth their time, or the paperwork involved.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see/realize/understand that speaking up/voicing up about unacceptable behaviour is part of the responsibility that each individual has as a human being on earth.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see/realize/understand that if someone is being abusive to/towards another, particularly in an environment where there is duty of care, then it is my responsibility to take the appropriate and necessary actions to make sure that this type of behaviour is stopped.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see/realize/understand that doing what is best for all doesn't make a person a 'rat'.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear what I had said to be spread around certain environments

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear for my safety after voicing/speaking up about certain behaviours that are not acceptable.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear individuals not wanting to work with me because of having spoken up/voiced up about certain unacceptable behaviour that was being done.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to not see/realize/understand that what I did was assisting/supporting the all individuals involved.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that speaking up/voicing up about unacceptable behaviour isn't work the paperwork, the process, and/or people's time.

When and as I see myself feeling afraid to voice/speak up about unacceptable behaviours that I see and hear - I stop and I breathe - I realize that I can take the necessary and appropriate actions, as part of my responsibility, do not occurr again for myself or other individuals.

I commit myself to voice/speak up about unacceptable behaviours in a particular environment where it is deemed my responsibility

I commit myself to take the appropriate and necessary actions given that it ensures my safety, and the safety of other individuals.
Danielle

Post by Danielle »

DAY 120: Feeling Wrong About Doing What Is Best For All

This week I've witnessed two incidents that I've had to voice/speak up about to individuals in certain positions. What I witnessed was unacceptable behaviour that was not in the best interest of all involved. Having to voice/speak up about it to individuals was very difficult for me because of the fear, worry, and whether or not something would be done. The fears I had were that my safety would be at risk, that I would have decreased chances of getting a job, that people in particular environments would not like me, or see me as a 'rat' and would not want to work alongside me. When it came time to voice/speak up about it, I did doubt myself, and I questioned if it was worth it or not. One should not doubt themselves on matters that need to be voiced/spoken about... Especially for those cannot speak/voice for themselves. If something doesn't seem right, acceptable, and is abuse, then one should immediately step into action to take the necessary step to present unacceptable behaviour that is likely to cause harm or is not in the best interests for all. Each one of us has a responsibility to do this.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel bad about telling people about someone's unacceptable behaviour

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that it is wrong to go to people in certain positions to let them know about unacceptable behaviours/actions to/towards people.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel wrong about speaking up about the behaviour of another individual to/towards someone who is unable to speak/voice for themselves.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to doubt myself of what I saw and what I heard

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that going to the people in positions to do something about unacceptable behaviour, to be not worth their time, or the paperwork involved.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see/realize/understand that speaking up/voicing up about unacceptable behaviour is part of the responsibility that each individual has as a human being on earth.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see/realize/understand that if someone is being abusive to/towards another, particularly in an environment where there is duty of care, then it is my responsibility to take the appropriate and necessary actions to make sure that this type of behaviour is stopped.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see/realize/understand that doing what is best for all doesn't make a person a 'rat'.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear what I had said to be spread around certain environments

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear for my safety after voicing/speaking up about certain behaviours that are not acceptable.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear individuals not wanting to work with me because of having spoken up/voiced up about certain unacceptable behaviour that was being done.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to not see/realize/understand that what I did was assisting/supporting the all individuals involved.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that speaking up/voicing up about unacceptable behaviour isn't work the paperwork, the process, and/or people's time.

When and as I see myself feeling afraid to voice/speak up about unacceptable behaviours that I see and hear - I stop and I breathe - I realize that I can take the necessary and appropriate actions, as part of my responsibility, do not occurr again for myself or other individuals.

I commit myself to voice/speak up about unacceptable behaviours in a particular environment where it is deemed my responsibility

I commit myself to take the appropriate and necessary actions given that it ensures my safety, and the safety of other individuals.
Danielle

Post by Danielle »

DAY 121: Taking On Other People's View Of Me

What I have done over the years is accept the views that people have of me without question. By doing this, and for many years, it diminished a lot of my self-worth, self-confidence, self-trust etc. The way it did this, is because the views of other people were not me but I trusted their view more than I trusted me. They were not investigated views, they were not questioned views, and they were not views that I had ever spoken in my words to give others.

The way we use our words can show/reveal many views. Words can be like a window into how another person see's the world. Words can be like seeds that plant a view inside someone's mind that eventually grows roots and then a tree. What waters the seeds for it to become a tree is whether or not we accept the view and keep it as our own. If a view that someone has given to you is not best for all then it is best to pull it out before it becomes a root, then a tree, and can limit you from your potential.

What I've realised is that the best way to make sure that I am not taking on views that are not beneficial for all, is to question, reflect, and investigate the entirety of another person's words that are designed as a view of another. We do not have to accept views of ourselves that are not best for all.

If a view happens to be accurate after considerable investigation, questioning, and reflection, then one can change that part of self.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to blindly accept opinions, and views that other people have of me without questions, reflection, and investiagtion.

I forgive myself that I have accepted anda llowed myself to let seeds of other people's views and opinions grow inside of me

I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to let other people's distrust be a part of me, and as there view and distrust, look at myself in the same way.

I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to let other people's views and opinions limit me from living my potential in my writings, and so all aspects of my life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to trust the views of other people without question, investigation, and reflection.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to trust other people's views, belifs, and opinions about me without first bringing it back to myself to ask if this is in fact trustworthy & something beneficial for me.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have let other people's views determine how i see myself for years.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not investigate, or question myself about the views that people have of me.

I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to trust other people's view of me in fear of conflict

I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to believe the view that people have of me to ensure that htere is no conflict

I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to not see/realize/understand that by accepting a view that other people have blindly, it can cause inner conflict, and more choas for myself, then if I questioned, reflected, and investigated firstly.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have victimised myself by accepting the views and opinions that other people had of me in the past.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see/realize/understand that I do have say of whether a person's views or opinions are right about me or not, and that is through bringing it back to myself first in self-investiagtion, reflection, and questioning.

I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to be gullible by accepting other people's views of me without question.

I forgive myself that accepted and allowed myself to be easily mislead by other people's words, and views about me.

I commit myself to bring a view & opinion that someone has of me back to myself in self-investigation, reflection, and questioning so that I can find out if this is best for all or just another way to limit me from limiting my utmost potential, in other words, if it is best for all or not.

I commit myself to give myself some time to question, investigate, and reflect on what people say about me.

I commit myself to depending on the nature, and what is said, to let people know that I cannot accept that or reply give a reply on the topic without further investigation, reflection, and questioning.
Danielle

Post by Danielle »

122: Slowing Down At Work

I wake up at 2:30 in the morning to prepare myself for work. It takes me an hour to walk to work. I leave around 3:30 and arrive at the facility at about 5. When I am there I change into my work clothes and have a coffee. I am there until 2:30 in the afternoon.

I am on my feet all day except for the 15-minute break around 10:30 and the half hour break around 12:00. A thought that has been popping up in my mind as the day moves along is ''I can't wait to go home'', ''I can't wait until finish work'', and then I would look at the nearest clock to see how long I have to go. Looking at this point, I know it isn't the work that is the problem. A lot of the work is physical, and some paperwork during or at the end of the shift. It is all physical, and hardly much mental effort. The mental effort is the paperwork during and at the end, and sometimes with the communication with residents. It isn't difficult to do.

What I do see the problem, if I bring it all down, is that I am not disciplined enough with the breathe when I am working. By breathing I am able to focus less on what is going to happen when I leave work, and more on the moment, learning what I am doing, and being better at that which I do. This will make me more aware with the work, and less focused on future projections of wanting to be at home.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to as the day draws to a close start thinking ''I can't want to get home''.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think ''I can't wait until I finish work'' to come up whilst I am working, and apply myself.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want/desire the day to move quicker/faster so I can go home and no longer have to focus on doing work.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to blame the work for me not enjoying myself at work

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be stressed out at work with having to get everything up and running for the day.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see/realize/understand that I wouldn't be so stressed out if I was breathing as I am moving my physically doing work.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to focus more on when the day is going to end

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see/realize/understand that I can make the most of the day by focusing more on the moment by breathing, being init, and paying attention to the task I am doing.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to keep looking at clocks to find see if the time is nearing closer to the end of the day.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed to complain about how much longer I have to do work for

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel stressed out about everything that I have to do when working

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel stressed out about the staff liking me or not liking me.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be impatient with the end of my work shift

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want/desire the day to be over so I can go home and not have to focus on other people.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to participate in future projections of what I will do when I arrive home after work.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to waste my day by wanting it to be over

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see/realize/understand that the time will come where I will go home, get to rest, and focus on myself, but in the meantime, I can focus on what I am doing, learn more about the residents, and in that more about myself.

When and as I see myself being impatient with the work hours - I stop and I breathe - I realize that being in the moment will help me to improve my work practices, help me with responsibility, and most of all, help me to feel comfortable in the body whilst I am working.
Danielle

Post by Danielle »

DAY 123: Consider The Words You Speak

In my communication with people, I am careful with what I say to them. But sometimes I can slip up, and in that slipping up, it can cause confusion, and people are less likely to understand if my words are not structured to the best of my ability when I write and/or speak.

What I have learned over the years from Desteni is how important our words are. What we say to people can determine what the relationship is going to be like. We use words to communicate with others, and if we do not use words effectively, meaning considerable selection, then who we are in our words can end up having an impact on the relationship and so the communication with a person.

What I realise is that it is important to give oneself time to consider the words that I want to say/write and the same with the structure of how I am going to say it and/or write it.

What I realised is that a relationship is mostly built on communication with another as our words

What I realised is that it is important to make sure that my choice of words is best for all

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be slack with the words that I choose to write and/or say to people/individuals at work or in other environments.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear what people are going to think of me if I take my time replying to them

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear what people are going to think of me if I were to consider what words I want to say and/or write before I do so

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear the type of relationships I could build by taking time to consider my words before saying them.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to rush words that I want to say out

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see/realize/understand that structure is important to use for my words

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to take less time writing and/or speaking to individuals just because I am in a hurry

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to not see/realize/understand that if I do not have the time to write an email, I can leave it until I do have spare time, where I can relax, and consider what I want to say.

Return to “Writing Yourself to Freedom”