Due to a recent illness, it has been less than 1 month since I haven't had any meat. Prior to that I was eating chicken almost everyday because I really loved proteins. Since this past few days, the thought of turning vegetarian popped into my a few times and I was contemplating to try to aim at changing my whole diet to exclude meat. I told that to my husband and he said : "No way! Human beings have been designed to consume meat." I thought that was interesting.
There are a few dimensions to consider here with becoming a vegetarian:
1. Being brainwashed by society to believe that eating animals implies bad karma and also you become a bad person
2. Being told by my doctor that we get most of our proteins from vegetables rather than mean
3. Awareness that in North America, lots of hormones are being injected into animals and they lead to diseases such as cancer and fear that if I consume animals that I will end up having those diseases
4. Being told constantly to only eat vegetables and fruits and less meat because meat makes you fat
5. People seem to enjoy a better status and that makes you feel special if you become a vegetarian- it is like you have been able to overcome a challenge, so you feel good about yourself
6. Being a hero for not promoting animal abuse on this planet
I forgive myself for allowing myself to fear that if I eat animals that I will end up having diseases such as cancer
I forgive myself for allowing myself to become brainwashed by society telling you to not consume meat because it promotes killing and you inherit bad karma
I forgive myself for allowing myself to develop an energetic relationship to meat where I believe that meat will make me fat
I forgive myself for allowing myself to feel guilty for consuming meat because I am feeding into the cycle of animal abuse where more and more animals will have to be produced and slaughtered
I forgive myself for allowing myself to feel that if I can become vegetarian that I will feel heroic and that I would have done good karma because I will not be held accountable for slaughtering animals
When and as I see myself desiring to become a vegetarian, I stop and I breathe. I then tell myself that creating an energetic relationship with food is also creating what I do not wish to see, which is excess weight or diseases as I am operating from the starting point of FEAR. I commit to releasing all fears that I have towards meat and realize that I am eating something that has been provided to me and which is from this earth. I commit to testing to see how my body responds to meat and if I need to eliminate it, then it would only be because my physical body is not benefiting from its consumption.