blocked for 2 days from facebook liking/sharing

Ask questions to Destonians walking the Process

blocked for 2 days from facebook liking/sharing

Postby christine » 05 Mar 2013, 07:51

Hi Everyone -

I just went on facebook, and only clicked a couple of likes, and a couple of shares and this window came up saying I was blocked for 2 days as I was abusing this feature, and actually I got a warning yesterday, and today actually received the block.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? What to do in the future to not have this happen again? As I do a lot of liking and sharing!

Thanks
christine

Re: blocked for 2 days from facebook liking/sharing

Postby Anna » 05 Mar 2013, 08:19

christine wrote:Hi Everyone -

I just went on facebook, and only clicked a couple of likes, and a couple of shares and this window came up saying I was blocked for 2 days as I was abusing this feature, and actually I got a warning yesterday, and today actually received the block.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? What to do in the future to not have this happen again? As I do a lot of liking and sharing!

Thanks

Yes this has happened a lot. Suggest to slow the process down and for example extend it onto several periods of time during the day. Also be selective with which groups you're sharing to (if you share to group) so that it's not spammy.
Anna

Postby christine » 05 Mar 2013, 08:36

Hi Anna -

What I do is scroll down the news feed and also go into the Desteni sites and just click like and click share, where I click all 'like', but do not share all - so I believe the share goes to my timeline, is that what you mean?
christine

Postby Juan Pablo » 05 Mar 2013, 09:19

There is no problem with Facebook Like.

The problem is with the Sharing, now facebook will not allow several sharings- The block is not for 2 days -- well, yes, it says that, but it's not, just 2 hours, maybe only 1.

If you reach a point where it asks you for a captcha to share, then it means that you are reaching a potential block -- there is where we need to stop sharing LOL.
Juan Pablo

Postby christine » 05 Mar 2013, 18:51

Thanks Juan - I will check it out - and, yes the day before this block was enforced I had done a LOT of sharing, so good to know, will scale back.
christine

Postby Garbrielle » 05 Mar 2013, 19:27

lol cool Juan....i get the same thing with likes, so just to consider this and spread our participation out during day and not too many at once...too many seems to be more then like 20 likes at once, I have not gotten any block or warning of blocking for sharing yet.
Garbrielle

Postby Fidelisspies » 05 Mar 2013, 20:13

Today i just liked 5 post and a message came up saying ''slow down'/abusing feature '. lol
Fidelisspies

Postby Juan Pablo » 05 Mar 2013, 20:56

sh*t -- I like things on facebook LIKE HELL lol -- it is suggested to have a delay of 5 seconds -- well, depends one how many things we will like :P
Juan Pablo

Return to Ask a Destonian