Hi

DavidTDuncan

Hi

Postby DavidTDuncan » 21 Oct 2011, 11:07

Hi everyone,

I am David and I have been involved with Desteni since 2007. It's been a couple of years since I have had regular internet so my participation on the forums and everything has been patchy and irregular, but now I have the internet where I am living for the moment so I will be able to participate more, and I will be able to finally catch up on everything that has been going on, like the Desteni I Process and the SRA courses, etc. So this should be fun - I am enjoying the process, and breathing, and letting go, and yeah, that's about all for now.

Thanks,

D

Maya

Re: Hi

Postby Maya » 21 Oct 2011, 11:14

David!
finally you're here lol
it would be cool to expend about yourself and your process thus far through answering the following questions:
1. How I got to Desteni
2. Why I stand with and for Equal-Money and World-Equality
3. What I understand to be “Heaven on Earth”.
Welcome!
Maya

DavidTDuncan

Postby DavidTDuncan » 21 Oct 2011, 12:30

OK.

1. How I got to Desteni:

Back in October 2007, I was on the internet a lot always looking up things like ghosts, the paranormal, reptilian humanoids (I was reading David Icke at the time), and I always did a lot of writing in a journal, basically focused on questioning things like the nature of reality and self - trying to figure things out. Also I was reading here and there A Course in Miracles and related books. So one night I was on YouTube looking up a creepy (fake) video of George Bush Snr. with all of this weird stuff happening to his face, like a fang coming down and things like that (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eaaubr3nnHI) - I had bought into David Icke's theories a little which seems so ridiculous now. But while watching that video I saw on the right hand side one of the interviews with Jesus, so I had to look at it. I was speechless after watching it, and the whole night while watching many more I was lost for words about the whole thing, so amazed that I had found something like this, hearing all of the famous people throughout history speaking - it was so fascinating that I could hardly speak. From then on, even though I didn't understand what was being said all that much, I was so interested in it all that I stuck around, and I joined the first forum and started making posts, but it was from the starting point of me believing that I had already figured out everything from reading ACIM - it took me about six months to snap out of that mindset and realize that ACIM talked about a oneness and equality which isn't real, as it exempts the physical because it considers it to be illusion - yet oneness is not real if it does not include EVERYTHING without any separation, 'illusion' or not. Then I realized how messed up the end result is for those who learn from ACIM - they sit in bliss and enlightenment and 'happiness' while not considering anything else because it is apparently 'not real' - but what is happening in this world is actually happening, and the pain is real. I mean starvation is not an illusion. Animal abuse is not an illusion. It is not just an ego projection like ACIM says. It is shocking how delusional that book can make you if you take it to heart. Maybe the enlightened ones who say that everything is an illusion should see what it is like to be the animal beaten to death on the factory farm, or skinned alive in China, or the child being raped, or blown up in some war - it is disgusting to disregard what is actually going on. But that is what I did while reading that book, and The Disappearance of the Universe; immersing myself in self-interest, not caring about anything but my own ego - but apparently I was working on 'giving up' my ego. In a certain way I was like the new-agers - I was self-indulgent and just wanted to feel good, have a nice life, and forget about the world. So the whole time I was stuck within my ego as self-interest.

It actually took me a long time to start to realize that there is a life outside of being a self-interest consumed ego, as we are conditioned to live in that way as if that is just the nature of human beings that can't ever change. But I can see that that is not true, because within me I realize that I do really care for life, and the animals, and children, and that that care, and our expression as life, and our self-movement - THAT can become our entire life, if we will it . That can be the entirety of ourselves. I don't think human beings are fixed and stuck in remaining a certain way that can never change - it is more by our own allowance that we are the way we are. So if everyone understands that, then makes the decision to stand for life and so change 'human nature', and get over the addiction to self-interest, then we will quickly change this world. It is pretty straightforward.

2. Why I stand with and for Equal-Money and World-Equality:

I stand with and for Equal-Money and World-Equality simply because I can't leave billions of beings to continue to suffer, no matter what the species or race of human being. I can't allow that. I can't allow for an animal to be beaten, or for a little child to starve to death with no protection whatsoever. I am giving my life to stop these things from happening, because I just can't allow it to continue. I am pushing myself to give up everything of myself for this because I realize that I do care, and this is what has to be done.

3. What I understand to be “Heaven on Earth”:

Heaven on Earth in the ultimate sense would be only life existing - only absolute expression - nothing less than that. But in the interim, it would be for each person to have enough to eat; each child protected from mind demons that desire to rape and harm them; it would be for each animal to be loved and valued and cared for as life, and protected from harm. It would be a place of not having to ever worry about surviving - to always have a guaranteed safety net, to remove that fear forever. It would be a place where no ego exists in any way, as ego causes all of the problems here.

Thanks.

Marlen

Postby Marlen » 21 Oct 2011, 18:25

Welcome back David!!

Definitely cool to see you around here again

Thanks for sharing that, it would be cool material for video-text with images.

enjoy

Anna

Postby Anna » 21 Oct 2011, 20:09

Yeay David!

Cathy

Postby Cathy » 21 Oct 2011, 21:24

Cool to see you here David 8-)

Bella

Postby Bella » 21 Oct 2011, 22:08

awesome! hi here David, good to 'see' you!!!

abdul

Postby abdul » 22 Oct 2011, 23:18

Its Nice to see you "Here".

Abdul Wahab
------------------------------------------------------
Investigate Self through Re-Search of Self
------------------------------------------------------

scott

Postby scott » 23 Oct 2011, 16:35

Hey David,