Greetings All!

Maite

Re: Greetings All!

Postby Maite » 13 Dec 2014, 14:56

Hey Michael, welcome here.

When I tried the 21 days of breathing - I realized to what extent my mind directs me - so I was grateful for the exercise from that perspective, because I had never really paid much attention to my thoughts - oddly enough! And definitely hadn't considered how thoughts move so automatically - they just come and come - so for me it was very cool to realize how thoughts direct me in a way where I am not even aware of it and it assisted in making the decision to stop allowing thoughts to direct me and my life, and to rather face myself and become the directive principle within and without. So, when I realized that point, I stopped trying to 'force' myself to be here as breath - and rather started paying attention to when thoughts come up, when I go into reactions - and then work through the thoughts. Because, even if thoughts come up 'automatically, we created them - and so they are a part of us. To try to just breathe and not pay attention to the thoughts that are coming up is like ignoring ourselves and who we have created ourselves to be - so I changed my focus from trying to only breathe - to use breathing as a support to become aware of 'who I am' - including the thoughts and reactions that come up. Because then I can look at those thoughts and use the tools of writing, SF and SCS to get to know myself and change myself.

sandymac

Postby sandymac » 15 Dec 2014, 13:55

Hi Michael, agree with what has been suggested here. Something that has really supported me is what Bernard said a few times, 'take it one breath at a time' and I remind myself of this when my mind gets busy and I am having difficulty staying with my body/physicality. So I slow down/stabilize with the 4 count breath--but within this if/as thoughts are still coming up--I remind myself to focus on THIS ONE BREATH two or three times (whatever you have time for in that moment) and most of the time I am able to regain my focus/stay out of the mind. Cool you are here walking with us :)

Michael Breen

Postby Michael Breen » 15 Dec 2014, 20:35

Thank you Everyone! Thanks for the feedback Maite, I can relate to what you said about paying attention to my thoughts and not allowing them to direct my life. They do seem to come and come automatically! So do we face ourselves by facing our thoughts? May i ask how we direct ourselves? I do feel like breathing is there to support us in paying attention to who we are and as Marlen said to ground us. For me when I'm taken over by thoughts. I feel like grounding myself and breathing is essential in calming my thoughts down.Thanks for your feedback Sandymac. I agree, one breath has a way of bringing us back to the physical body. I noticed a lot of emphasis from various destonians on the physical body and paying attention to it. My body loves attention. As eckhart tolle has suggested body awareness keeps you anchored in the now. He also said all you need is one conscious breath to bring you back here to the moment and your body.

Maite

Postby Maite » 21 Dec 2014, 11:07

Cool Michael,

Yes, breathing assists to slow ourselves down and so, slow down the thoughts. As you progress in the DIP Lite lessons, you'll be shown all the tools with which you are able to face yourself through exploring what your thoughts, emotions, feelings and memories are showing you in terms of who you are/who you have become and how to take back directive principle within your daily living.

sandymac

Postby sandymac » 31 Dec 2014, 14:29

Cool Michael, Desteni has so much to offer as we all learn, share, grow together. Enjoy!

Terrone28

Postby Terrone28 » 03 Jan 2015, 04:42

Hello Michael, welcome to the forum! :D

Alex27

Postby Alex27 » 29 Jan 2015, 09:09

Cool Michael, Desteni has so much to offer as we all learn, share, grow together. Enjoy!
You're right. I'm just new here and read some threads, I'm enjoying it.

Greedy

Postby Greedy » 02 Feb 2015, 07:14

hello Pal! welcome aboard!

Kim S

Postby Kim S » 02 Feb 2015, 12:03

Hi Michael welcome to the forum...

Gian

Postby Gian » 19 Feb 2015, 23:47

welcome Micheal.

it is great to hear that you are walking the DIP lite course, I have directed many people to the course and they are all satisfied in the same way.

enjoy, and lets turn hope into a do, when we hope for something we are already separating ourselves from the task at hand and thus the doing becomes harder, this is referring to your first post here on this threat, you do contribute by simply walking your process one breathe at a time, the contribution is that of you walking as what is real change, walking the journey to new life, a life that is best for all life.

I have been focusing on my words for a couple of months now and I have noticed myself using many phrases or words that already within using these certain words I have implied the opposite - words like Later, not now, I will see, I will get to it, I hope, maybe, if possible etc, you get the point, we limit ourselves to what we can do within such short phases, yet these small moment contribute to our entire lives, big decisions and changes. it can either be whats best for not.

enjoy the forum, this is a late hi, but its never to late.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”