Social dumping

tormod

Social dumping

Post by tormod »

Social dumping - a world problem.

Social dumping like with South Kore-an companies forcing their workers to wear dipers at work. To be able to work longer shifts. Or like owners ot Wall Mart making the same per hour that a worker of Wall Mart makes per year, or German factories in Liberia doing a work for German owners, where the German owners dont have to pay more than a minimum of euros for the actuall work, for 3 euros per hour and not 25 like in Germany. Social dumping happens more often when there is no worker organisations at present. Or when they are being forced out from a situation or from a workers place. Social dumping is happening more and more. Nike factories, where workers are payed a minimum of wages in Africa or Asia . People working to make clothes and making clothers in Bangladesh or Malasya for miniumum vages and littel rights or no rights. A right wing experience. A huge problem world wide. And a problem that is just esculating. Like for instance with dipers in South Korea.

sylvia

Re: Social dumping

Post by sylvia »

Cool resume Tormod, though since you've opened a new topic for it, what is it you want to communicate with it? This way it's knowledge and information without taking it to the next step of taking it back to Self or come up with common sensical solutions. It might be even a cool topic for the basicincome.me site. So let us know what direction you want to take with this topic.

Anna

Post by Anna »

Cool perspective. I definitely agree that social dumping is an important issue, and as Sylvia I'd like to see you expand on the point Tormod. For instance, you can look at the manifestation of such a phenomena in context to what it says about us as human beings -- how can we see this phenomena reflected back into ourselves?

tormod

Post by tormod »

Thanks Sylvia & Thanks Anna. I realize that i should write and highlite sollutions and rewards here. (I should not just post problems)

Sollutions would be to have unions working to protect workers rights inn all corners of the world. To protect workers so that no one is "dumping" - nothing or no body at all. So to have a strong Union and worker rights, We need education and good schooling for everyone. And education is not equaly shared on earth today, So we need better fundings from home/private level, as wellas good functioning and uncorrupt government level, and that is where basic income guarantee is so vital; to make sure that everyone is feed and that everyone is is given education, and can stand up for them selves in unions and with writings and votings in democratic elections and programs. A basic income guaranteed that is payed for from taxes.

There is for instance 21 or 22 trillion dollars estimated - in unpayd tax - hidden in Switzerland accounts in typically "paradise" islands states - for instance in Caribia. So to fund the basic income would not be a problem. There is plenty of other details that could be taxed and credited from goverment stuf ; like limusines, alcohol beverages, private jets, private yats and luxury or not needed for. Items that is "reserved" as priviliges to a littel elite and wealthy few people.

To give everyeone a share of money to particepete in society like in India :

http://mondediplo.com/2013/05/04income

- cheers

sylvia

Post by sylvia »

Cool Tormod.

In my perspective we firstly need to implement the Bill of Rights/Human Rights as Desteni has presented, before we are ready for practical solutions.

Here is the Bill of Rights on Marlen her blog

Kim S

Post by Kim S »

Cool guys and thanks for opening up this thread Tormod

Ann

Post by Ann »

I made a blog about this a while ago: http://earthreview.eu/2013/08/korean-wo ... f-economy/

Korean Workers Forced To Wear Diapers – WTF economy ?
Sat, 17 Aug 2013 | Published in Society & economics

I am not shitting you.

It is no secret that employees in korean countries have to work in brutal conditions, but in a factory in Honduras they are now made to wear diapers.

This is to increase “efficiency”, so that employees don’t waste time going to the toilet. So they should just sit the day in their own shit and piss.
4.000 amployees of Kyungshin Lear, whome are almost all Korean immigrants, have been forbid to go to the toilet for months during their working hours.

The authorities and human right organisations have started an investigation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH00oeGajFE

The president of the Manufacturers’ Association of Honduras also told the press the allegations were false and blamed the interference of unions from the United States “who want to regain the jobs lost in their country”. However, Maria Galeano, a worker who was fired in April after seven years of working at Kyungshin-Lear, confirmed Daniel Duron’s claims. ”It’s embarrassing to say one has to wear diapers because they don’t give you permission to go to the bathroom, but there are a lot of employees who can confirm this claim,” she told reporters.

http://www.odditycentral.com/news/compa ... -work.html

Again the principle ‘profit before people’ is taking charge and being used on living beings. People are merely treated as objects that have to slave labor and do whatever the slave masters say. Taking some time on the toilet for yourself to comfortable take a shit or piss? Fuck no, work you shall! non stop. They will probably keep lunch time as short as possible as well. Hell, maybe they can even tell the employees to do intermittent fasting, so that they don’t even have to eat at work. It reminds me of the company I do my summer job. It is certainly not as bad, but many are just doing a routine job all day long, and you get 2 10 minute breaks, which are actually 9 minutes since you have to walk from the tick clock to the cafeteria and back and if your 1 minute late they substract 15 minutes from your wage. And you get 1 20 minute break to eat your food, which is thus 19 minutes. This is what the laborers get, the staff which works in the office gets an hour break.
Unfair, very unfair, since to me it seems to laborers work way harder at times and thus should deserve a 1 hour break. BUT, luckily they are on the way to do this, giving the laborers and office staff the same rights.

It is just sad that over the years we keep on reading the same shit without an end: people being abused, people abusing each other, people abusing animals, fucking up the environment etc… for profit. Instead of working on a global solution for our problems, we try to mend a system that is inherently broke.

visit www.basicincome.me to work on a global solution.

The Basic Income Guaranteed (“B.I.G.”) by the Equal Life Foundation is a Proposal geared towards addressing the most immediate Human Rights problems modern societies are faced with today. Current systems and approaches that have been implemented towards prosperity and well-being of the citizens within nations have been able to facilitate economic growth, but though the bounties of this growth have not yet been able to reach everyone.

The Basic Income Guaranteed is aimed at assisting and supporting those individuals within society that find themselves in a disadvantaged position as a result from structural ineffectiveness and inadequacies, through providing Equality of Opportunity for all. The Basic Income Guaranteed will function as the medium through which a state is able to remediate the most direct negative effects of a capitalistic system, while still being able to maintain some of the perks that such a system represents and embodies. The Basic Income Guaranteed will thus aid in balancing Growth with Sustainability whilst effectively securing Human Rights.

Marlen

Post by Marlen »

This is one of the extremes of our so-called 'economic efficiency' wherein the term implies something completely different to what the word should genuinely mean as in for example, using the resources to the best of the possibilities without harm or abuse toward human beings, environment and the economic system in itself; however because the economic and entire world-system is not founded upon this regard or consideration, this economic efficiency in fact means getting the most out of human labor no matter what and this 'no matter what' extending to having people not even getting a chance to go to the toilette, it is extreme and one can only ponder: how far will we go with making the 'time is money' phrase a continuous nightmare to fuel our greed as human beings?

As the consequence it is, there is no other solution but actually having to walk all the steps to make a change at a world-system level, creating awareness of this situation will certainly open more people's eyes to the conditions that workers are going through while continuing to fuel the American Dreams of consumption and pursuit of happiness with and through money.

Living Income Guaranteed means double the living income as a wage for people that work in such factories which means: more than their current minimum income if they don't work and double the living income if they do work plus the necessity of a new regulation where corporations can stop inflicting this kind of abuse. Public opinion and creating awareness/educating ourselves on these facts will make more people realize about the changes necessary. It will take time, yes, but we have to begin with the basics here.

Thanks for sharing guys and thanks Ann for the blog too.

tormod

Post by tormod »

Marlen said:
It will take time, yes, but we have to begin with the basics here.
- Thanks for youre comment Marlen, and thanks for youre post and comments Ann ! Very informative and cool, going!

You are right, Marlen, that it is a time taking huge task. By now we could have had 15 or 20 hours long working weeks, for the working man but that is not so, because of banking and millitarism. Since we have computers and robots doing so much work. The problem so i gues is that so many places there is lack of work and so social dumping occures. If you as i se the pattern here to develope work is a huge challange and it slaps one in the face when we hear stuff like Workers in Honduras wearing dipers. Like it is importante to give eduaction to every huma, or clean drinking water to all. But i dont want to list them in a manner or order. Tht wwe have teh Bill or right. No one is more important than other like life is.

I mean to delevop work in African countries and, aslo i European countries and everywhere is not a easy task. I dont think it is nessacerry to argue if there is a neede to basic income first or if there is inn deed to have the bill of equal rights first. That is a compemtition i think we must lett pas by and lett glide past us because some will maybe prepheare the equal bill of rights over basis income guarantee. And others the oposite. So that it should come by itself. And it should not be stresed. When that day comes that we can say we are starting to develop a basic income in a specific country, or agreement l then we can say ok, that a programe came first, even thought its al founded in the equal life foundation.

So it is still early on a our prossses to life. Our Journey. And very many of us have still got long ways to strech and to achive to reach for silence and nothignes and self honesty.

It is like today when i was inn a sauna during my swimming in a nearby town. And i was triggered by a talk of enegry resorses and energy resurses, amongst some older men. There was about 5 or 6 men in their 60 and their 70 s. They where saying that Norway needed nucklear sinece and that Norway should have torium reactors and working them selves op on superiority and agreesion, and i stepped in and told them what fool they where. I told them that solar panels is the future and that global heating is man man made and how 80% of our natural forest is gone. And i continued saying that what fools want to have nuclear reactors.

It was a strange event that i experienced and i left feeling fear and shame and agresssion - i will stil work with self forgivenens on that. The point is that there is many people that only want more .. greed and egoism is so vaste. There is no stopping egoism or greed for many. These gentelmen should have 15 - 20 hours working weeks and long time ago, and they should still have the same payment. But they dont, and so the cancer - agression and ego grows.

Shit now that i imagen it if we have 15 hours working hours that would be more work for other people. Like twice as much. And benefit all people with and trough work- that would be steps in equality. What is best for all.

Quite typical examples.

It is specifically the "banking elite famelies" like Rothchild that needs to come to sences. And that must give up their powers of unlimited egoism and playgrounds.

It is at such a way i am suggetsing a basic income guarrante where and chosing that over the bill of equal rights. Maybe we should spend and share the bill more? Maybe that is riskey to? What i want to highlight is that we must also focus on our individual prosseses and our plans lie 5 year plans. It feels quite good right now.. i am particapating more and sharing more on desteni, and i realizse that i need to interprent the moment and to be realistic about where i am in my life.

So that we in a future can see that more and more people are having 12- 15 - 17 hours working week. That would be nessacery and that would be what is needed and common sence. So there is lots. There is lost of possebilleties here.

Anna

Post by Anna »

Cool Tormod.

I definitely agree that we require doing as individuals walking process, is first and foremost focus on stabilizing ourselves, while obviously educating ourselves on the matters in the world.

A point to consider:
dont think it is nessacerry to argue if there is a neede to basic income first or if there is inn deed to have the bill of equal rights first. That is a compemtition i think we must lett pas by and lett glide past us because some will maybe prepheare the equal bill of rights over basis income guarantee. And others the oposite. So that it should come by itself.
Nothing is going to 'come by itself' because that would imply that the system is self-directed and that we're then not as people directing the processes of implementing a different system. So what this means is that we're responsible for developing the best possible solutions and directing them into actual implementation. The bill of rights and the basic income system are two different points interconnected within the same process, so it's not a competition between one or the other. It is simply a matter of which point is practically best to present and implement first.

Return to “World Discussions”