Creating Ripples on the Web #MovieDisasters vs. #RealDisasters #Hollywater

andreateale

Creating Ripples on the Web #MovieDisasters vs. #RealDisasters #Hollywater

Post by andreateale »

Creating Ripples on the Web:
Movie Disasters vs Real Disasters

I live just east of Los Angeles (LA: population 19 million) and yesterday I heard on the news there are 800,000 people below the poverty line and 500,000 who live on minimum wage barely existing in LA proper.

The drought in California is now the worst in 1200 years, with thousands of animals dying from lack of water every week. Lake Mead which is just outside of Las Vegas that supplies a lot of the water to Southern California and its the farmlands is at its lowest level ever. California is one of the world’s largest bread baskets, including crops like almonds trees that need lots of water (I gallon needed per almond), and farmers are chopping down many acres of trees because they can’t get the water.

California (population 39 million) is the 6th largest economy in the world and produces a sizable majority of many American fruits, vegetables, and nuts to the US: 99 percent of artichokes, 99 percent of walnuts, 97 percent of kiwis, 97 percent of plums, 95 percent of celery, 95 percent of garlic, 89 percent of cauliflower, 71 percent of spinach, and 69 percent of carrots and the list goes on from there.

With the consequences of the drought there is much fear that this summer will bring on a record fire season, as the land is a tinderbox with lack of water and there are record high temperatures already.

Juxtaposed with these facts and potential disasters, (and there are many more disastrous facts such as recent oil spills, fracking statistics of oil waste into the water etc.), is the beginning of the Blockbuster summer movie releases from Hollywood.

Coincidentally, the 3D disaster movie, #San Andreas named after the major earthquake fault line that runs through California, opened last weekend to a tune of $54.8 million. It is out picturing what is on everyone’s minds here in California, which is “When is the big one going to occur”?

Along side this movie there will another Terminator, another Jurassic Park, and the post-apocalyptic movie Mad Max already released and probably more monsters, zombies, vampires, and the like. The quality of movies has dropped considerably as most of the money-makers are very dark with gratuitous violence that keep the masses entertained and distracted.

In the elite part of LA the movie producers and stars live who thrive quite handsomely off the millions of people who go to the movies for entertainment and their fix of fear energy by going into negative imaginations within the mind from watching disaster movies like San Andreas.

Very little is done about the disasters that could become real in this physical reality as it currently stands.

So, we can write and talk about all these polarities that exist here since Hollywood has a huge economy that few partake in with excess amounts of money and the many who live close to the edge from paycheck to paycheck who go to see these movies. California is on the brink of disaster for real, with the water crisis that affects the rest of the country because of the food production. Very little is done to educate people or any solutions to the crisis, but instead we have had our water bills skyrocket as a means to get usage down which many people can’t afford.

Many people live and act as if nothing is going on and continue to live as they have lived in the glitz of the Hollywood moment using lots of water and are waiting until it gets really bad to take any action. Some of them rush to the theatres to watch something they are negatively fantasizing and imagining like huge earthquakes and tidal waves and the end of the world scenarios to get a taste of disaster. Fascinating!
Bella

Re: Creating Ripples on the Web #Moive Disasters vs. Real Disasters

Post by Bella »

wow, fascinating indeed - a reflection of the 'human condition' - so it's what then, stupidity, ignorance? or deliberate evil as the exploitation, disenfanchising and dumbing down that's been going on, that we've been accepting and allowing as humanity, individually and collectively...

btw - I found a most supportive perspective on changing the human condition in the recording "Reprogramming your Being"
YoganBarrientos

Re: Creating Ripples on the Web #MovieDisasters vs. #RealDisasters

Post by YoganBarrientos »

This topic gave me a great idea for a story! Basically it would be describing the actual situation. A tremendous heat wave/drought, threatening the State, while movie goers in that state watch an apocalyptic movie about the destruction of that state. It is really quite ironic, and funny, until you realize this is reality! So thanks for the inspiration Andrea!
Marlen

Re: Creating Ripples on the Web #MovieDisasters vs. #RealDisasters

Post by Marlen »

Here's a group discussion on today's subject, lots of great points shared that enables us to expand our approach to this week's project:

21:05] Creating Ripples on the Web #MovieDisasters vs. #RealDisasters http://forum.desteni.org/viewtopic.php? ... 370#p58370 - Let's start!

[21:05] <MarlenV> Hello guys! So as per the raflle's results, Andrea T is here to share about her interesting proposal for this week's 'Creating Ripples on the Web' project, so andreat , the floor is yours!
[21:05] <andreat> Hello everyone!
[21:06] <Cathy_> :)
[21:06] <Jeanne> hi!
[21:06] <KimS> hello
[21:06] <Joana> heya!
[21:06] <MarlenV> hi Andreat!
[21:06] <Talamon> cool, go andreat
[21:06] <Cathy_> hey andreat
[21:06] <KimS> Get well soon Cathy_
[21:06] <AdamC_> cool Cathy
[21:06] <andreat> Here is something to watch from Democracy now if you want to know more about the California drought
[21:06] <Cathy_> Thanks Everyone!
[21:06] <Alysonh> Congrats at being this week's winner andreat
[21:07] <andreat> The weird thing is I knew I was going to win lol
[21:07] <MarlenV> yeah lol she replied: before scrolling down I knew it was going to be me
[21:07] <Cathy_> lol, andreat, I just now remember that!
[21:07] <andreat> maybe I should buy a lotto ticket
[21:07] <AnnaB> hehe cool andrea
[21:07] <Alysonh> lol, two pscychics here then you and KimS, lol!
[21:07] <Cathy_> that show you were talking about andreat
[21:07] <KimS> haha andreat - steady on cant have me out of work..lol
[21:08] <andreat> Anyway did you all get to read my essay above
[21:08] <Alysonh> Cathy, thanks for sharing the link on the new TV series on money, just read your email!
[21:08] <Alysonh> lol, KimS!
[21:08] <andreat> the briefcase is like the movie the box which is about the moral dilemna of money
[21:08] <KimS> I haven't yet andreat
[21:08] <TormodHG> No Andreat please lett us know
[21:08] <MarlenV> yep, quite a necessary way to 'put things into perspective' with what California and Hollywood stands for nowadays and what is happening in real-time California
[21:08] <AnnaB> andreat: - I'd like to know more about Nestl�'s involvement in it all - and then I also find this 'other dimension' with LA and Hollywood and all the rich people fascinating, because the general image you get of California over here in Europe lol - is how it is this amazing place with beautiful rich people, fast cars, sunshine and beach. So it is quite contradictory - and could be cool to...
[21:08] <TormodHG> What is it about ?
[21:08] <AnnaB> ...also work with the point of bursting that bubble of illusion in this project
[21:09] <Alysonh> no, andreat, sorry not read your essay yet
[21:09] <AnnaB> She sent it on the LF mailing-list TormodHG - did you get it there?
[21:09] <KimS> I have been to Hollywood and it is a dirty place, with a lot of poverty
[21:09] <andreat> okay so it is about the disaster that is happening here in California juxataposed with the disaster movies that are coming out like San Andreas
[21:09] <andreat> it is not long the link is above
[21:10] <MarlenV> I agree AnnaB It would be great to have some clarity on how people actually live there and how it might be more of a 'fame' of the place thing than reality, who knows.
[21:10] <Alysonh> ok, thanks
[21:10] <MarlenV> yep the link is on today's chat title
[21:10] <andreat> yes Caifornia per capita has more poor people
[21:10] <MarlenV> lots of immigrants as well
[21:10] <KimS> yes MarlenV
[21:10] <andreat> and yet the 6th largest economy in the world
[21:10] <TormodHG> AnnaB : no I have not got anything from andreat today.: can you please send it to me/further it ?
[21:11] <AnnaB> I can definitely understand why people would want to go ther
[21:11] <Alysonh> interessting andreat
[21:11] <andreat> with having Hollywood and entertainnment and silicon valley
[21:11] <MarlenV> yet it has silicon valley and standford and all of these renown places.
[21:11] <AnnaB> It is in the link on the top of this chat TormodHG - the blue link here above
[21:11] <andreat> http://forum.desteni.org/viewtopic.php? ... 370#p58370
[21:11] <AnnaB> yes andreat
[21:11] <Cathy_> I didn't get anything from andreat either, but this topic is soooo important!
[21:11] <TormodHG> AnnaB oh yes thanks
[21:11] <AnnaB> Oh ok - might have to check if you have the updated mailing-list then andreat
[21:12] <andreat> everyone was so excited that this movie about the big earthquake in 3D was coming out and they did 55 million first weekend
[21:12] <Cathy_> I did read your post on the forum and was glad we're taking this on
[21:12] <MarlenV> AnnaB: what I can do next time is that instead of sending the results to LF in BCC, I send it normal so that winner can reply back to all. How's that?
[21:12] <Cathy_> andreat - sorry guys my posting today sucks
[21:12] <AnnaB> Or wait sorry - it is my mistake Cathy_ and TormodHG - I didn't get a mail. I'm mixing things together here - sorry about that. It was indeed on the forrum. Sorry andrea_t
[21:12] <YoganB> California alone produces about the same GDP as the country of Brazil.
[21:12] <MarlenV> holy cow 55 million
[21:12] <andreat> There are more people on minimum wage in LA than in the entire city of Boston
[21:12] <gabriel_a> andreat; I was thinking about how much the same speech of the post-apocalyptic scenarios repeat over and over again in the movies and how that makes people to like literally "wait for it" and within that how much one begins to think "what I will do" when that happens instead of taking a standing of "what can we do to prevent it
[21:13] <AnnaB> yes cool MarlenV
[21:13] <Cathy_> cool AnnaB
[21:13] <AnnaB> and is Bostan way bigger than LA andreat?
[21:13] <KimS> AnnaB - there are beaches in LA that have nuclear powerstations just a few inches away from where people sun bathe and they cover them up with mural type boards with pretty pictures on
[21:13] <Joana> in the meanwhile the tragedy is on people's doorsteps but they prefer the story told in the cinema room
[21:13] <MarlenV> cool point gabriel_a I agree indeed, also to stir the 'fear factor' around it, which dissociates ourselves from reality.
[21:13] <joekou> california is also the biggest wellfare state in the us
[21:13] <AnnaB> Yes I can imagine, all those broken dreams - phew. For such a prosperous place, it must be quite hell-like for the people who can't join in
[21:13] <andreat> yes the movie industry like the music industry has gone to the lowest common denominator when they could do things that would make a difference
[21:13] <MarlenV> lol KimS that sounds crazy, didn't know about that.
[21:13] <AnnaB> wow KimS
[21:13] <Joana> what is the government do to face the water crisis? andreat
[21:14] <Joana> *doing
[21:14] <Talamon> yes, the amount they spend for a 'blockbuster' is ridiculous - and actually rarely a great movie
[21:14] <AnnaB> Well aren't they basically behind it Joana? Or at least allowing it?
[21:14] <andreat> they are putting restrictions and raising our water bills for one
[21:14] <andreat> my water bill was 800 dollars last month
[21:14] <MarlenV> you also mentioned about the drought recently Joe and living in california, so this is a cool opportunity to share on this
[21:14] <AnnaB> WHAT!!!
[21:14] <Joana> I mean, towards a long-term solution
[21:14] <MarlenV> holy shit! how can people afford that
[21:14] <Cathy_> holy shit andreat - what all does that include?
[21:15] <AnnaB> That is insane.
[21:15] <andreat> farmers are cutting down their almond tress and other trees that need lots of water
[21:15] <Joana> so now people are being controlled by the water usage
[21:15] <MarlenV> I was 'somewhat' watching madmax yesterday and the water scarcity point is the central topic of the movie...
[21:15] <gabriel_a> fuck...
[21:15] <AnnaB> And then they have a lot of forest fires as well right andreat?
[21:15] <andreat> water and sewage Cathy
[21:15] <JJesus> 800 dollars?? shit... do you have a pool and a gold court?
[21:15] <MarlenV> andreat: thanks for the data on the one gallon per almond, we take so many things for granted because we are not aware of it
[21:15] <Talamon> here people do not even earn that monthly
[21:15] <MarlenV> that's like an entire penthouse rent in mexican pesos
[21:15] <andreat> yes we have had fires already that are in areas that are so dry and summer hasn't happened yet
[21:16] <KimS> that is crazy
[21:16] <JJesus> golf*
[21:16] <Jeanne> this is the fourth year of the drought
[21:16] <andreat> we have a pool but it has had the same water for years
[21:16] <KimS> wow MarlenV
[21:16] <andreat> so lots of people are taking out loans just to pay their water bills
[21:16] <andreat> or having it cut off
[21:16] <KimS> Man
[21:17] <AnnaB> Another interesting point is unnatural plant displays (like in Duabi) that requires an insane amount of water because they otherwise couldn't be sustained outside their natural habitat
[21:17] <Alysonh> wow, andreat, Bernard always said water would be a key point for humanity
[21:17] <andreat> so the fire season is probably going to be very bad
[21:17] <MarlenV> so they are in fact in a severe crisis, in the news we only get it as a 'potential in the future' type of situation, but not that people are already having no access to it due to lacking money.
[21:17] <joekou> there are some elite who actually pay a premium to have water shipped in for private use - convenient for those who can afford it, but now water and the sustenance it provides is quickly becoming a commodity
[21:17] <Talamon> no wonder why french just voted that they can't cut off water even if people don't pay
[21:17] <gabriel_a> guys, would you say that movies like Madmax, once that they are presented pushing like all of this point of "scarcity of water" for example, could be a point used to justify the increasing of taxes over water for example through the point of fear?
[21:17] <Cathy_> andreat what are the current mandatory drought restrictions in your area? Like water curfew laws
[21:17] <andreat> yes there are many pictures on the web of what it looks like with reservoirs and dams and how low they are
[21:17] <JJesus> that is insane... hwat is more inside is the fact that it was known this was coming and nothing was done to prevent it --- living the dream, ah?
[21:17] <MarlenV> interesting Talamon
[21:18] <AnnaB> yes MarlenV - imagine what else is happening all over the world, like the heat wave crisis in India for example or the ship wrecking immigrants (which I suspect are deliberate btw)
[21:18] <Joana> do you know when did the water crisis began over there and by whom? It looks like it is replacing school loans
[21:18] <andreat> some solutions are they are building a desal plant near San Diego and there are consensation machines that produce water
[21:18] <KimS> Yes I was looking at this earlier today AnnaB
[21:18] <MarlenV> that's what I heard as well lately JJ that our problem is that we don't plan for the future, we just seek to scavenge and 'get the most (suck the most out of) it all' and that's what has brought civilizations to an end
[21:18] <AnnaB> interesting perspective Joana - I'm wondering about that too. I've only heard something briefly about Nestl�'s involvement
[21:18] <Alysonh> good question gabriel_a
[21:18] <YoganB> I would suspect that the heatwave/drought would be affecting nearby states too, like Nevada for one, or maybe Mexico. Though the irony for California is that is where Holly Wood is. Lol. So they make disaster movies. But, what effort and money is spent on combating this disaster?
[21:18] <Jeanne> andreat: how much of this is caused from diverting natural water supplies within other states and within Cali?
[21:18] <andreat> one of the main problems is the way it is stored and it is an old systme
[21:19] <andreat> there are no rivers it all goes into irrigation etc
[21:19] <AnnaB> Yes and another irony is that there is so much WATER in california i.e the ocean YoganB
[21:19] <MarlenV> yes YoganB I've seen the irony point from the beginning too, and how california is also a desired place for many that seek the 'all american style' life, including immigrants too
[21:19] <Kelly> I watched a session a couple years backon C-SPAN where the different sections of California, north, south, central, were arguing/competing for the water supply
[21:19] <andreat> most water is diverted
[21:19] <andreat> millions of immigrants here that are undocumented so they don't know the true population
[21:20] <Joana> with silicon valey smartest people there and no solutions to replace the water management
[21:20] <MarlenV> gabriel_a: yep the conditioning in that movie from what I saw is relevant to point out in this week's topic, I agree
[21:20] <AnnaB> yes that's what I was figuring as well with the irritation andreat - which is cool for vital crops but there's probably a lot of water going to irrigation that isn't essential
[21:20] <andreat> another problem is the fracking and immense water polution
[21:20] <MarlenV> Ah AnnaB there's also Lindsay's Z video on why she left california, did you watch that one?
[21:20] <Joana> most water is diverted to where andreat?
[21:20] <JJesus> no joana, their intelligence is used to design the next i-phone
[21:20] <AnnaB> no I didn't MarlenV - I will!
[21:20] <YoganB> yes, you would need electricity and you can convert the sea water into fresh water through desalination. But that costs Money. I guess that 55 million made from the disaster movie ain't being spent on Water.
[21:20] <MarlenV> there's also vineyards in California, lots of water go to it isn't it?
[21:20] <andreat> California supplies the entire country for food and so needs the irrigation
[21:21] <andreat> but the distribution is very political
[21:21] <AnnaB> The smart people design robots for robot-movies where the robots have to save the earth from droughts
[21:21] <joekou> the solutions are not what is missing - what is missing is the awareness and will do get things done, and the political capital to push past the old justifications of 'not enough money' or 'it would upset the bigger system of things'
[21:21] <andreat> yes huge wine industry as well
[21:21] <JJesus> lol AnnaB
[21:21] <Cathy_> andreat are people buying like huge quantities of water / bottles of water?
[21:21] <MarlenV> ah YoganB I heard that some MIT tech is being developed to aid for the drought, which made me consider how before they would spend money on creating robotic dogs and only now will they start shifting to create really releavant technology, like desalinating water, lots of it in 24 hours with solar tech
[21:21] <Alysonh> lol AnnaB
[21:21] <AnnaB> Yes are they hording water?
[21:21] <andreat> the subject really is about how people love to go to movies about disasters when there is one here right now happening
[21:22] <AnnaB> Yes andreat
[21:22] <MarlenV> http://ecowatch.com/2015/05/01/mit-sola ... n-drought/
[21:22] <andreat> yes huge amounts of bottled water hence the consequence of plastic in land fill sights
[21:22] <MarlenV> And! they most likely will start importing water from Mexico, isn't it?
[21:22] <Cathy_> yes andreat but you've just become the reporter, you live there so we need to be able to relate to what people are experiencing first hand
[21:22] <AnnaB> and then also why these movies aren't just created for distraction and entertainment and diversion - but also for specific programming purposes, getting people into certain frames of mind - to for example accept what's already been engineered
[21:23] <Alysonh> yes andreat, irony in manifestation indeed
[21:23] <YoganB> yeah that's cool MarlenV. And its really such an obvious point. If everyone in California or in United States, were working together, equal and one, there would have been immediate response, and proper measures placed for such a point. But, right now it is a free-for-all competition, so money wins!
[21:23] <andreat> yes well most people are very asleep and water their lawns as usual
[21:23] <andreat> there is the drought Nazis reporting on the elite and their water usage
[21:23] <andreat> who have lush gardens
[21:23] <AnnaB> lol man - imagine if water becomes the source of a new drug-war MarlenV
[21:24] <KimS> wow AnnaB
[21:24] <joekou> most people in my area are absolutely ignorant of the situation - despite there now being signs on streets warning of "disasterous draught"
[21:24] <MarlenV> AnnaB: what I was chatting about on this madmax movie is that people are caught up in the emotional web of it, and so start 'training' their s urvival-mode kicking in. Like the survival-mode frame of mind and refraining resources from each other brings out 'the worst' in people, so that's framed quite well in the movie, I didn't watch it all but got a report from someone who did lol
[21:24] <andreat> a good movie to watch is Chinatown with jack Nicholson which is about the water politics
[21:24] <Alysonh> is it not illegal to water the lawns, even in NZ where we have plenty rain water stocks, we have restricted use in summer
[21:24] <JJesus> Eisenberg will start producing water cristals
[21:24] <AnnaB> lol cool MarlenV - I'll watch it
[21:25] <Cathy_> yes Alysonh
[21:25] <AdamC_> a botanical point - plants actually use a tiny percentage of the water that they get - there is massive wastage in run-off
[21:25] <joekou> i hear ads on the radio now - telling people to 'do the right thing' and reduce water usage - as though appealing to reason will change the behavior of people
[21:25] <AnnaB> interesting AdamC_
[21:25] <andreat> so what sparked this for me is this guy came over and said you have to see San Andreas in 3D
[21:25] <Jeanne> Disaster movies tend to have outrageous sceanarios and solutions...like a quick fix, or the God factor...something that will swoop down and decide for you so that you don't have to take action
[21:25] <MarlenV> ooh and there's a new development from Mexican technology, a polymer of sorts that reduces the amount of water required for crops and such
[21:25] <andreat> meanwhile he did my dishes after dinner and let the water run the whole time and I kinda had a reaction inside
[21:26] <joekou> and yet a movie like san andreas features long scenes shot in a contained 'underwater simulation' - where it is a giant pool of water simulating the effect of a massive tsunami
[21:26] <MarlenV> lol andreat been there, done that big time, AnnaB presenced that
[21:26] <AdamC_> Yes Jeanne - the word disaster means an out of alignment of the stars - hence implied astrology and fate
[21:26] <andreat> so people love to be entertained that the end is near
[21:26] <Joana> gabriel_a cool point about the movie industry and our ideas of scarcity. There is a book that I plan to read that challenge this idea of scarcity that starts in our minds, called Scarcity: Why Having Too Little Means So Much
[21:26] <andreat> cool Adam
[21:27] <Cathy_> Can't forget how fracking plays a role to. This article says California used 70 million gallons of water in fracking in 2014 http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/ ... 1M20150403
[21:27] <Jeanne> cool AdamC -- in these movies all that matters is "survival"
[21:27] <MarlenV> the water documentary H20mx is also a suggested one to understand the problems that big cities like mexico city face, though I haven't found it online yet
[21:27] <AnnaB> lol yes MarlenV
[21:27] <Alysonh> interesting AdamC, did not know that about the word disaster
[21:27] <Joana> thanks MarlenV
[21:27] <joekou> with the enertainment there is an energetic reward - with reality there is consequence. the mind will be more prone to choose what is energetically stimulating and will falsely perceive reality as being 'less important'
[21:27] <gabriel_a> I personally haven�t watched Madmax, I just saw a couple of comercials on Internet, yet, there are a couple of similarities in the scenario to a old movie called "The Road Warrior" where the war is for the scarcity of Oil, and now it has been only translated to the fight for water https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdv5EtZQ6jg
[21:28] <andreat> yes the fracking is really bad and we also had a big oil spill last week in Santa Barbara
[21:28] <MarlenV> not to mention that it pollutes the rest of the water Cathy_ so all those millions of gallons plus all the diseases and contamination to underground water, rendering it useless for any form of consumption/use
[21:28] <andreat> so the petro industry is really big here as well as the whole military with 7 major bases
[21:28] <YoganB> you live in santa barbara andreat?
[21:28] <AnnaB> Fracking is literally like a brutal rape of the earth
[21:29] <joekou> mad max is a remake of the old road warrior and max max films
[21:29] <andreat> Farmers are starting to pay for drills to hit deeper levels of the aquafers
[21:29] <gabriel_a> the movie is from the 1981, where if having a look at the historical context, I guess that it was the time where the discussions about the oil not being an ilimited resource began
[21:29] <MarlenV> yikes, so we can see that once again the 'road of the riches' in terms of oil business leads to the path of destruction with oil spills, then gas, then overuse of water for certain crops - for the business of it - so no sustainability has been considered and these are the results
[21:29] <andreat> like lots of money but once they are gone that is really bad
[21:29] <AdamC_> wow andreat now I begin to understand how california is number 6 GDP-wise
[21:30] <Cathy_> When we first moved to the country 6 years ago we were 20 miles from anyone. Now the fracking companies have literally tore up our roads and the county is broke. Fact is, no one is 'minding the store' so to speak
[21:30] <andreat> yes and at one time it was really okay but now all the infrastructure is really bad
[21:30] <KimS> Jeeze Cathy_
[21:30] <MarlenV> andreat: one big problem in mexico city is that drilling those wells is a jackpot situation, they can drill and find nothing or get stuck in a very solid phase, so there is only one exploratory well working while the rest are for exploiting only
[21:30] <AnnaB> wow Cathy_
[21:30] <andreat> and the movies really suck with just putting out big money makers with special effects and monsters
[21:30] <KimS> They are trying to frack in the UK not sure if they have started yet
[21:31] <Alysonh> wow Cathy, that is shocking
[21:31] <AnnaB> Yes andreat - absolutely
[21:31] <joekou> i wouldnt be surprised if they're already doint it, KimS
[21:31] <AnnaB> Hey, what about you do a movie review on that Andreas movie andreat?
[21:31] <andreat> kinda like the new Kryon drilling substance for energy
[21:31] <AnnaB> yes andreat
[21:31] <Cathy_> yes and their trucks are so massive and fast, 2 of our dogs were hit and killed by them also.
[21:31] <andreat> as within so without
[21:31] <AdamC_> yep
[21:31] <AnnaB> Or the remains of Kryon
[21:31] <Alysonh> yes KimS, I am sure they have , some of my fb friends have been protesting about it
[21:32] <AnnaB> Sorry to hear that Cathy_
[21:32] <KimS> A friend of mine was offered millions for his land joekou for fracking and of course he accepted....but so far they haven't started yet, there anyway
[21:32] <Joana> i am not familiar with it in the UK andreat, I will check it out
[21:32] <andreat> and there are many small earthquakes with fracking
[21:32] <MirandadeHaas> What is fracking? I can't find a translation in Dutch...
[21:32] <Jeanne> that's horrible Cathy_ -- and so your water must be affected as well?
[21:32] <MarlenV> yeah I was discussing about that big expense in hollywood in painting 'pretty amazing effects' while the place where these projects are brewed is being sucked dry in resources, how paradoxical yet again showing us the nature of as within, so without: we do the same with the mind in sucking out physical resources in order to keep fueling our fantasies
[21:32] <KimS> really Alysonh - interesting
[21:32] <Alysonh> andreat, yes that is exactly what i realised about the last kryon interview
[21:32] <andreat> installing chemicals into the deep stratsa
[21:33] <Joana> i got the same question MirandadeHaas - jo explain please
[21:33] <andreat> stratas to break up the oil in the shale
[21:33] <andreat> under high pressure
[21:33] <JJesus> It is a for of extracting oil from the earth, MirandadeHaas
[21:33] <Talamon> I was watching old time movies where the fire and explosion were real - geez they blew up everything cars, forest etc
[21:33] <TormodHG> MirandadeHaas see the documentary: Gassland
[21:33] <joekou> high pressure fracturing in order to access deeper reserves
[21:33] <MarlenV> there are not even legal loppholes where they can make use of your property's underground without having to ask you about it, that is just terrible - not sure if this is already in place
[21:33] <AnnaB> yes it is absolutely insane
[21:33] <Jeanne> Fracking is the process of drilling down into the earth before a high-pressure water mixture is directed at the rock to release the gas inside. Water, sand and chemicals are injected into the rock at high pressure which allows the gas to flow out to the head of the well.
[21:33] <joekou> using an insane amount of water and chemicals
[21:33] <AnnaB> Ahh that's where the 'fracking' comes from
[21:33] <Cathy_> yes Jeanne, fracking is all around us now, driving down the roads it's nothing to see the huge massive hoses they use. They attach them to the nearest water supply and start draining!
[21:33] <Alysonh> wow KimS, millions really, not heard of that before, that is not good news
[21:33] <MirandadeHaas> Thanks JJesus and TormodHG
[21:33] <andreat> yes
[21:34] <JJesus> using water and quemicals that are pumped into the earth's crust to force the oil out
[21:34] <AnnaB> And it completely ruins the environment afterwards MirandadeHaas
[21:34] <Jeanne> ugh
[21:34] <Cathy_> yes JJesus
[21:34] <MarlenV> that sucks Cathy_
[21:34] <AnnaB> Sorry to hear that Cathy_
[21:34] <Cathy_> it's horrible and it's definitely NOT monitored
[21:34] <andreat> there are places in California where there are thousands of oil derricks for miles
[21:34] <AnnaB> Alright - so how about we look at some solutions?
[21:34] <MirandadeHaas> Yes, i figured that out AnnaB, thanks
[21:34] <andreat> like no mans land
[21:34] <KimS> He had wonderful farming land Alysonh - but the last I heard he had sold an moved but they hadnt touched the land yet
[21:35] <TormodHG> Here is a link MirandadeHaas : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mp4ELXKv-w
[21:35] <Cathy_> yes andreat, no one will be immune to this. But really, who is keeping track of who's taking what from where?
[21:35] <joekou> it literally poisons the surrounding water and deep resevoirs
[21:35] <andreat> so there are lots of points that we can talk about
[21:35] <Alysonh> yes, sorry to hear that Kathy, could you consider moving?
[21:35] <MarlenV> yep agreed AnnaB, I posted a link above about water desalination powered by solar panels, that is like an 'emergency' measure, but it is veered toward using tech for these purposes, instead of planning to go to Mars
[21:35] <Joana> cool AnnaB
[21:35] <MirandadeHaas> Appreciate the link, thanks TormodHG, will have a look
[21:36] <Cathy_> Alysonh, at the moment our water is clear and clean. We have a well that is so far not affected
[21:36] <andreat> like the fact that many people can hardly survive here with the huge movie industry that makes movies that they can go to distract themselves from reality
[21:36] <MarlenV> http://ecowatch.com/2015/05/01/mit-sola ... n-drought/
[21:36] <Alysonh> KimS, what a shame, I bet it is only a matter of time before it starts
[21:36] <joekou> yes - Cathy_ who watches the watchers indeed
[21:36] <KimS> cool Cathy_
[21:36] <Marjo> They did something in Groningen as well MirandadeHaas
[21:36] <Alysonh> cathy, that is good to hear
[21:36] <andreat> how people need to have movies where they live out their negative projections like major earthquakes
[21:36] <MarlenV> yep so, how we can frame it is to expose this paradox of people can hardly survive while the same spot of the world is producing entertainment that earns millions for personal gain - mostly
[21:36] <AnnaB> One specific problem that I see is that many people will turn a deaf ear to for example being educated on water-principles - while at the same time this is an essential point
[21:36] <andreat> to get an energy fix
[21:37] <KimS> he may have exaggerated about the millions Alysonh - but I know it was a lot of money, and his farming was not paying off
[21:37] <Talamon> yes, discharging reactions in a 'safe' environment
[21:37] <MarlenV> so, seeing where do we contribute to that and how we are all in fact also contributors to hollywood machine
[21:37] <KimS> not sure where all the animals went
[21:37] <MirandadeHaas> Marjo, you mean with the gas?
[21:37] <andreat> how the movie producers make obscene amounts of money
[21:37] <Maite_> AnnaB - yes, like - such things don't really get that bad - only in the movies...
[21:37] <MarlenV> yes AnnaB, also because it seems like a 'far in the distant' problem, or believing that money will always solve the problem too.
[21:37] <AdamC_> Cool question MarlenV
[21:37] <AnnaB> Memes based on realizations that's one has had for oneself that can be related to this topic would be cool - and I suggest we agree on a specific hashtag
[21:38] <andreat> and how the infrastrure and the land are going away to waste, pollution and lack of water
[21:38] <andreat> how people wait until the last minute to do anything
[21:38] <AnnaB> Like for instance: "I used to leave the fosset running while I brushed my teeth. It had no idea why I did it. It was just a habit. One day I turned the fosset off. #Stopfrackingtheplanetup #Caldrougt
[21:38] <andreat> if at all
[21:39] <Marjo> yes MirandadeHaas and a result was earthquakes http://www.nam.nl/nl/technology-and-inn ... l-gas.html
[21:39] <MarlenV> In terms of the movie-programming on these post-pocalyptic scenarios, we can look at how people are being conditioned to subconsciously react in fear, so getting their 'survival mode kicking in' when things like this emerge, which are all of self-interest 'save my ass' mentality, instead of looking at how can we prevent this, how can we work together in crisis like these? Which is where I...
[21:39] <MarlenV> ...suggest we also focus our attention on: the collective best for all effort, instead of only 'stacking up for my own sake'
[21:39] <TormodHG> cool AnnaB
[21:39] <andreat> there are mountains here from all the trash produced in LA
[21:39] <Alysonh> cool change AnnaB
[21:39] <YoganB> A solution I see is money. With such a high GDP, you would think that Californians could fix their problem through buying ways to get access to water from outside just Rain. So the problem here is that it is not raining. So they could invest in getting water from the oceans. Another option is to import water from other places. This can involve building pipelines from other states or maybe...
[21:39] <YoganB> ...Mexico. So obviously with their money the can do this. But who owns this money? So chances are only a few people own that money. And so no action is taken. And since money is just imaginary, it is a really silly point. Because what happens if California falls? The rest of the United states as well as the rest of the world can suffer. Because who owns the rains? Who owns the waters? No...
[21:39] <YoganB> ...one, it falls from the sky or you find it in the ocean. No one pays the clouds to bring clean water from the oceans, yet they do it. So yup.
[21:39] <KimS> yes like the preppers MarlenV
[21:39] <AnnaB> It wasn't me though lol Alysonh - but I can relate to it
[21:39] <MirandadeHaas> OH, yes i know now Marjo, did follow that on social media
[21:39] <MarlenV> so, would you say then andreat that part of the necessary solution is to start working together to prevent further abuse of the resources - water and such in general - what kind of suggestions can we apply in our blogs/vlogs as well on this subject?
[21:40] <andreat> The just announced they are going to raise the minimum wage to 15$ yesterday but still not enough
[21:40] <Alysonh> ok,lol AnnaB
[21:40] <Joana> and water is showing a great deal about our own selves, because water has no frontiers, it affects rich and poor, so it is in everyone's best interest to find/apply long-term solutions
[21:40] <joekou> ocean water still has to be processed and desalinated
[21:40] <andreat> well what do you guys see about Marlen's question?
[21:40] <AnnaB> "With water bills going up to 800 dollars pr. week, Hollywood isn't going to sustain itself. If you want to keep watching movies - stop the drought" lol
[21:41] <andreat> first is awareness
[21:41] <AdamC_> Since the pacific ocean is already a desalination plant, making clouds of rain - what is happening to the clouds?
[21:41] <MarlenV> hmm it's interesting because that's where even having money will become an obsolete thing, because one cannot 'grow water with money' in this case, only tech to purify and desalinate, so in such cases, there must be a redirection of funds for new tech to desalinate water?
[21:41] <andreat> it's per month Anna
[21:41] <joekou> here's an idea - everyone upload their water bill
[21:41] <MarlenV> yep AnnaB maybe that will kick people's hearts in it. lol
[21:41] <AnnaB> lol yes sorry andreat - dramatic effect!
[21:41] <Joana> the water negotiations cannot be done by some to the expense of others
[21:41] <andreat> but there are also lots of consequences with marine life with the Desal as done in studies but they went ahead anyway
[21:42] <Alysonh> yes, is it possible to have small community desalination devices?
[21:42] <andreat> the real problem is water management
[21:42] <TormodHG> cool idea joekou
[21:42] <Cathy_> andreat have California offered any solutions
[21:42] <MarlenV> my water bill is very low, that's another point: government subsidizes it and so people don't get a real grasp of the cost of water, which I find unfortunate as well but if it goes up then everything goes to hell as people would not pay for it at all, so, solutions is to simply learn how water is brought to our pipes, how it is carried from distant places to our tap, to see how many have to...
[21:42] <MarlenV> ...walk kilometers to get a single bucket of water, yet we take it for granted
[21:42] <AnnaB> The problem is that the usual answer is this boring environmental information which people have become extremely desensitized too. It is heard as "blah blah blah" with resistance to the actual information - due to how people were primed in school - especially if they aren't facing the consequences themselves locally. So I'd say that something cool would be local Cali politicians on grassroots leve
[21:42] <AnnaB> l and activists working together MarlenV
[21:42] <andreat> just restrictions for now
[21:43] <Alysonh> yes , cool idea joekou
[21:43] <JJesus> water is a resource that out to be a Life-right == all life has the right to it. any and all industries that pose a threat to the quality of water should find ways to remove the threat. In fact, we should find ways to actively clean all the polution that we have created over the centuries -- this is obvious common sense.
[21:43] <AnnaB> "The drought is coming to a city near you"
[21:43] <MarlenV> I bet some big corporations dont' get such water restrictions, isn't it andreat ?
[21:43] <andreat> I always thought why not water pipelines from areas with lots of water instead of oil pipelines
[21:43] <andreat> probably
[21:43] <Joana> nice slogan AnnaB
[21:43] <joekou> havent seen any direction from government or otherwise in terms of the drought here - all i have seen is signs posted up in the city and radio ads urging 'reduction in water use' - NO specific detail at all
[21:44] <AnnaB> How about Elon Musk stepping in to save the day?
[21:44] <KimS> yes JJesus
[21:44] <MarlenV> yep true as well, in developing countries there's more infrastructure for extracting oil for thousands of kms but no pipes to distribute water, how can that be?!?!
[21:44] <AnnaB> Because water, until now was not considered a valuable resource
[21:44] <Alysonh> Yes Joana, indeed
[21:44] <joekou> in other news - anyone looking for a roomate? i'm considering relocating from california lol
[21:44] <Maite_> lol joekou
[21:44] <Alysonh> lol AnnaB
[21:45] <JJesus> lol
[21:45] <andreat> people seem to be clueless about not flushing and running water uselessly
[21:45] <AnnaB> Here, most toilets have energy saving functions
[21:45] <Joana> maybe that's a nice approach joekou, all Californians threatning to leave the state until a slution is found
[21:45] <AnnaB> like energy saving can be automatized so it becomes normalized
[21:45] <MarlenV> one thing that my friend pointed out AnnaB is how in this movie madmax there's again the 'hero of the day' in this case a woman becoming the new leader distributing water back, so he asked: why can't there be a scripting of the movie where everyone guards for collective interests instead of the one that saves the whole thing as 'the leader'? so the collective aspect of responsibility has to...
[21:45] <MarlenV> ...be pushed here, sure making use of someone's wits and money, but ultimately social responsibility
[21:45] <YoganB> A true disaster case is that water runs out. And people start dying from dehydration. Only then will people ask questions? this already happend by the way in India, just some days ago: http://nypost.com/2015/05/29/over-1800- ... shortages/
[21:45] <Jeanne> We can look at the addiction to cathartic release/experience within watching these movies and the playing out the worst case scenarios instead of directing to solutions and how the focus on solutions is dissipated within reenacting/watching ...kind of like the "PrisonPlanet effect" where fear is promoted over and over and no practical solutions are put forward
[21:45] <andreat> yes actually lots of people have left mostly because of the tax system
[21:45] <joekou> lol Joana i shall lead an exodus out of the land that water management has forsook.
[21:45] <AnnaB> for example - our heater is automated so it is regulated for us, this way it is more difficult to abuse it
[21:45] <andreat> like companies etc
[21:46] <Joana> they should change the name: Hollywater, instead of hollywood
[21:46] <Alysonh> thanks for the link Yogan B
[21:46] <AnnaB> yes - that is actually a very cool point
[21:46] <AnnaB> COOL Joana
[21:46] <andreat> Exactly Jeanne
[21:46] <joekou> "Sorry we missed you. We'll be back when the water is. - Californians"
[21:46] <AdamC_> parting the red sea joekou lol
[21:46] <MarlenV> hey Joana ! we can use that for this project's hashtag! #Hollywater
[21:46] <AnnaB> We can use that for our hashtags #Hollywater
[21:46] <MarlenV> we didn't have many
[21:46] <AnnaB> lol
[21:46] <joekou> it'll be easy - no sea here to part with all this drought
[21:47] <Jeanne> interesting andreat -- not creating solutions has an effect on all strata...from corporate profit to the animals etc
[21:47] <AdamC_> lol
[21:47] <YoganB> lol i like it #hollywater
[21:47] <Joana> I will create on photoshop a logo of the same hollywood fonts
[21:47] <andreat> there was a show on the History Channel that showed LA 50 years in the future where everything is covered in Sand Dunes
[21:47] <Alysonh> yes, all our toilets in NZ, have high and low flush faciliities to save water, didnt have there in the UK
[21:47] <Cathy_> lol MarlenV #Hollywater
[21:47] <andreat> yes the animal point is big too as many are dying of thirst
[21:47] <andreat> out in the desert
[21:47] <Joana> shoot
[21:47] <AnnaB> That reminds me of the book 'DUNE' andreat - also about water
[21:48] <KimS> Oh Brother!
[21:48] <Jeanne> it always was a desert, right? it's only since the "holy wood" came from UK that it was watered...
[21:48] <Joana> where to begin?
[21:48] <gabriel_a> lol
[21:48] <Alysonh> lol, MarlenV, from Holywood to holywater!
[21:48] <andreat> yes there really shouldn't be this many people here
[21:48] <KimS> lol
[21:48] <TormodHG> I always also dream of sending water to create rainforest in sahara.... inn norway there is lots of rain... and also juts now poring down outside.
[21:48] <joekou> yes this was a desert - the suburbs are the illusion
[21:48] <MarlenV> also another point on this kind of movies is how people get emotionally and feeling driven in the movies, but no actual effect of creating an awareness on this happening right now is made, like people do not react equally to documentaries - I did react emotionally to that water documentary, twice, yet it's a shame that this kind of info is not made public, but turned into a documentary...
[21:48] <MarlenV> ...watched by a select fewt that have the time and money to do so, therefore mass awareness is required and hence our project here.
[21:48] <Maite_> Jeanne - yes, that's also a point to look at - why do people live in a desert in the first place
[21:49] <AnnaB> Good thing that Pitpulls and Parolees moved from California with their over 300 dogs and no budget. They're better off in New Orleans. They have water at least lol
[21:49] <joekou> this entire idea of the cities and homes in the desert with watered lawns and greenery itself was a production of fantasy made real through money
[21:49] <Cathy_> Jeanne are you relocating or staying in New York?
[21:49] <Joana> next movie hangout could be about a documentary on water crisis?
[21:49] <YoganB> Joana http://www.dafont.com/hollywood-hills.font
[21:49] <MarlenV> an emotion or feeling of fear of this happening won't get us anywhere, we have to learn thus how to direct ourselves practically and with a common-benefit approach, not just for one's own ass so to speak
[21:49] <andreat> Maybe they need to make a movie called Drought or Thirsty where zombies die of thirst
[21:49] <Jeanne> yes, Maite, give it back to the desert, everybody go home
[21:49] <KimS> yes MarlenV agreed
[21:49] <AnnaB> Or one of these catastrophe movies andreat is talking about Joana
[21:49] <YoganB> Or mad max movie Joana
[21:49] <MarlenV> Joana: that would be great, like H20mx but not sure it can be watched online
[21:49] <Cathy_> lol
[21:50] <TormodHG> rainforest inn sahara....
[21:50] <Jeanne> Cathy_ I am moving to Connecticut as soon as I sell my apt...but now I am thinking of moving to Mexico City lol
[21:50] <gabriel_a> lol andreat
[21:50] <MarlenV> or the movie on water politics that andreat mentioned, Joana was it chinatown?
[21:50] <KimS> The fear is making us more insular and afraid to speak up...and the movies perpetuate that, keeping everyone in paranoia
[21:50] <Joana> thanks YganB, got it
[21:50] <AnnaB> Oh that might not be such a good idea Jeanne - they're running out of water too
[21:50] <MarlenV> no way Jeanne, you watch H20mx and you'll think three times about it
[21:50] <andreat> yes where they let water run into the ocean at night to create more scarcity
[21:50] <Jeanne> yes, Chinatown, a must see
[21:51] <Joana> Yes Chinatown. But MadMax might be better since it had great coverage
[21:51] <KimS> Who was it that said recently that water should not be a human right?
[21:51] <Jeanne> ok MarlenV -- you got me w the penthouse for $800
[21:51] <Joana> we can always mention the other ones
[21:51] <YoganB> nestle ceo video? Kims
[21:51] <MarlenV> I cried like a baby with that documentary, it is one of those problems that I've asked many times here about: water pollution, pollution in general, it does get tricky to see a way through with it, I must say but we have to actually first create a point of responsibility and consequences to see the Action- Reaction effect of our 'choices' in life
[21:51] <AnnaB> Come to Sweden Jeanne - we've got lots of water lol
[21:51] <andreat> so it's a big subject yes?
[21:51] <gabriel_a> I have to go guys, thanks for the chat, so we will begin with this project to push awareness on real catastrophes and the diversion that is taking place through media
[21:51] <AnnaB> YES andreat
[21:51] <Alysonh> yes, the ripples should be audited if we can to see if they are being effective. when i posted about the Milgram experiment on fb last week, I got an interesting reply from the documentary director , Mark Corshe, who did engines of domination, and i told him about our project.
[21:51] <Joana> yes, how about the water bottle companies? They should offer all their profit to this situation
[21:51] <MarlenV> LOL Jeanne, that is for certain true but lack of water is a problem already
[21:52] <Jeanne> do they like Americans to come there AnnaB?
[21:52] <gabriel_a> ready ya later, have a great weekend
[21:52] <AnnaB> Yes they love Americans Jeanne lol
[21:52] <KimS> maybe YoganB - same source as andreat's?
[21:52] <MarlenV> cool Alysonh !
[21:52] <andreat> some of the water companies are moving like Nestle who were up in Mt Shasta
[21:52] <YoganB> Water your bodies daily, lol, instead of water the garden/plants. Or you wither
[21:52] <AnnaB> Sweden is the world's biggest arms dealer Jeanne - so were nice and tight tugged in bed with the US Jeanne
[21:52] <KimS> MarlenV I have had a similar reaction to such videos/documentaries
[21:52] <Jeanne> move there, I meant
[21:52] <Cathy_> I can relate MarlenV, I cried like a baby too when I watched the doc on fracking
[21:52] <MarlenV> and yes it was Nestle's CEO that said: water is not a human right
[21:52] <Joana> S THE BIGGEST SCAM EVER? - "The Story of Bottled Water" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzRn3VxHUAk
[21:53] <andreat> shower with a friend and save water
[21:53] <YoganB> Kims https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEFL8ElXHaU
[21:53] <KimS> thanks MarlenV
[21:53] <KimS> ah thanks YoganB
[21:53] <Alysonh> lol, andreat
[21:53] <AnnaB> Yes I have an American friend who just moved here Jeanne - though I don't know that much details about it
[21:53] <MarlenV> yep Cathy_ , it's one of those things to stand up from to not be drawn in the emotional aspect and start considering practicality, what can we do/ invent/ promote to take these matters at hand
[21:53] <Cathy_> Thanks for bringing this andreat
[21:53] <joekou> nestle's ceo should be made to pay a high premium for his water use - since its not a human right.
[21:53] <AnnaB> Soon - oxygen will be monopolized as well
[21:53] <andreat> my pleasure
[21:53] <Cathy_> I agree MarlenV
[21:53] <MarlenV> lol joekou that's a great title in itself to create discussion
[21:54] <YoganB> what if we monopolize thinking? Will people think less if they have to pay for their thoughts? hmmm
[21:54] <KimS> yes definitely
[21:54] <MarlenV> yep, thanks andreat we got a lot of points gathered here to approach this subject on various ways.
[21:54] <Cathy_> yes joekou
[21:54] <Joana> how AnnaB?
[21:54] <Jeanne> that's the idea, AnnaB -- carbon tax et al....strange word,"tax"
[21:54] <joekou> its so absurd - the idea that we can claim something that was here before we were born
[21:54] <Jeanne> you get the "ax"
[21:54] <YoganB> The thought tax. haha
[21:54] <Cathy_> lol
[21:54] <AnnaB> lol someone will find a way Joana
[21:55] <Jeanne> thax
[21:55] <MarlenV> from drought, to entertainment industry, to the paradox behavior we create with what we do with our reources time, efforts, our lack of future planning and the collapse of civiizations in the past for similar problems, which means: lest we forget, we haven't learned from our past
[21:55] <andreat> Cool well living here it is real because you see it and really hoping the summer won't be too disastrous with forest and brush fires
[21:55] <Jeanne> You're in the San Diego area, andreat?
[21:55] <joekou> they are already monopolizing oxygen through the Carbon Tax
[21:55] <Joana> should there be a fund for water to cover fires. very year is the same thing
[21:55] <TormodHG> allright ... thanks guys see you around....bie
[21:56] <joekou> and trading carbon credits
[21:56] <AnnaB> yes it would be cool if we could share an overview of topics to write/vlog/document MarlenV and andreat with hashtags
[21:56] <Cathy_> should be Joana
[21:56] <MarlenV> that carbon tax thing is such a load of bs sold with climate change, and not many people are remotely intersted on learning how it operates
[21:56] <andreat> no just east of LA
[21:56] <Alysonh> lol Jeanne, re the Mexican penthouse!
[21:56] <MarlenV> you mean from what is shared here AnnaB ?
[21:56] <AnnaB> I don't think so YoganB - unless someone quickly whip up something with Talamon
[21:56] <AnnaB> yes MarlenV
[21:56] <Talamon> YoganB it does not look like that at the moment...
[21:57] <Jeanne> lol Alysonh...nice try on my part...oops! no water!
[21:57] <MarlenV> Yes we can or simply share the whole chat too, if everyone agrees to have their name in it?
[21:57] <joekou> i'm right by los angeles
[21:57] <MirandadeHaas> thanks everyone, bye
[21:57] <andreat> yes that would be good to share this
[21:57] <Alysonh> lol Jeanne
[21:57] <Cathy_> Have to go - Thanks everyone! Bye!
[21:57] <MarlenV> I agree, so raise your hand if someone does NOT want their name on it
[21:57] <AnnaB> Sure MarlenV - there's nothing personal shared here that can compromise anyone
[21:57] <Joana> fine by me
[21:58] <andreat> and check out things on the web with pictures etc
[21:58] <AnnaB> yes - I will work with creating some images too
[21:58] <MarlenV> ok then, so andreat I can share the copy of this on the Forum, so that we get to share more input on this to place in blogs/vlogs etc.
21:58] <MarlenV> ok so that would be it for today guys
[21:59] <MarlenV> thanks a lot for sharing and andreat for bringing this subject to the table
[21:59] <KimS> Thanks everyone!
[21:59] <andreat> ok and pray for rain lol
Marlen

Re: Creating Ripples on the Web #MovieDisasters vs. #RealDisasters #Hollywater

Post by Marlen »

A perspective on this topic I shared as a podcast: 234. California’s Drought and #Hollywater Awareness

Suggested read:
Movie Disasters vs. Real Life Disasters by Christine Hansen
http://christinehansen29.blogspot.com/2 ... sters.html

Movie Disasters vs Real Disasters by Andrea T
https://atruthseekersjourneyintolife.wo ... disasters/

Lots of cool solutions shared in this video as well:
Questioning the Climate Change “Emergency” with Benjamin Deniston
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUS1bphcJqA
Jeanne

Re: Creating Ripples on the Web #MovieDisasters vs. #RealDisasters #Hollywater

Post by Jeanne »

The California Drought and the Living Income Guaranteed