Independent

Space to discuss what it means to 'live words' and to share one's process of redefining words
AnthonyF

Independent

Postby AnthonyF » 17 Apr 2017, 06:42

Day 668 - Independent redefine

I’ve looked at this word before, but never redefined it for myself, so see this as the next step since I’ve not been 100% able to..work with this word effectively/equally.

My current allocation of this word is strength, not requiring others, doing it all by myself, being my own person.

The current definitions are “free from outside control; not subject to another's authority, not depending on another for livelihood or subsistence, not influenced by others; impartial, capable of thinking or acting for oneself, not depending on something else for strength or effectiveness; free-standing.”

So I do see in relation to the current definitions, that my current allocation is very much in like with these definitions. For me also, there is this trust factor, where I believe I can only trust myself. Now, GENERALLY I can only trust myself, but when it comes to certain matters and such, I have to be able to put my trust in others. For example, I see a lot that I do not want to put any trust in others, even over something small, like a small matter where I am just lacking any trust whatsoever in another.

So I see it appropriate to trust to an extent at least, and dependent on the matter/who is involved, how well I know them, and then to combine all of these reasonings to come to a decision. Furthermore, I see that this strong desire to be independent with ALL that I do is very limiting, where I am not able to grow/learn as much if I had for example involved others.

So also here, I see nothing wrong with independence in itself. As I said, GENERALLY speaking, I can only trust myself, I can trust myself to live, to do what is best for all, to be kind, to be generous, to treat others as I’d like to be treated, to give, take and share..etc. But it is not effective living if it is done FULLY and without including others.

To be continued.

Day 669 - Independent redefine part 2

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to through my desire to be independent, not include others and so within my mind I believe that this is a good thing for me because I can only trust myself, but in reality I am limiting myself by not including others in something/the decision/path etc – so here I commit myself to look at the moment and identify when in fact I CAN include others so that I can learn more, grow more and make the moment in fact easier with others involved as opposed to just desiring to do it all myself which can in fact become a burden which I know I will regret further down the line all because I wanted to be able to do it all myself and because of my lack of trust at all in others.

I commit myself to share the workload as example so that I do not detriment my physical body and within this I see that I’m doing what’s best for all in sharing a moment, sharing actions, sharing paths which involves others and in fact learning much more and creating much more with others involved.

Independent redefinition is:

To be self-honest with what I can take on or NOT. To know my capabilities/limits at that given moment and to thus act accordingly whether others are involved or not.

Laura Nuñez

Re: Independent

Postby Laura Nuñez » 09 Mar 2018, 22:10

I have defined the word independent as me not living with my parents, having my own money to pay my own things.

I see that I have not defined it as a word that involves my inner self, only things outside myself, as I have in my definition of independent not lived it as me being independent inside myself, to decide what I want to do and what am I good at and what I can do in this lifetime and world and in my life, for me, for others.

So I've lived very dependent on others throughout my life, to know what to do, where to go, what to eat, what to dress, what to play with, what to learn, what to do with my time on earth.

I see sadness coming up, wanting to cry.

I forgive myself for having accepted and allowed myself to be sad because I see now how I have been dependent on others throughout all my life and decisions making.

I forgive myself for having accepted and allowed myself to be sad because im not independent yet, although I live with my partner now and not my parents, we depend on others because we don't have money.

I forgive myself for having accepted and allowed myself to have been living without the word independent as a supportive word, so, I've defined it with only things outside of myself. I've defined the word independent only in me having things of my own and money of my own. But, I've not included my own personal Independency, like me deciding who I am, what I want to live as and what I want to do, because I have not taken the time to investigate it.

I forgive myself for living the word independent only in one dimension, I have memories of my family telling me one day I would be independent, and it would be when I would go and live alone and have a job. And I took that definition for myself and haven't lived that word so I've let others take decisions for me, like in what path to follow in life, what to do with my time, etc. Like, there are lots of things I like but i have not yet investigated, like dancing and singing... In a more professional way. I've only done it as a hobby and although I've seen im very good at those things and others like painting, ive left them aside because I've placed the word independent in only one dimension which is to be able to live alone and with money and a job, so i haven't been constant and persistent with what I like to do.

Redefinition

I see a supportive way to redefine it is as "in deep endent". To be the one who goes deep in Depth with myself till the end. To see what is my purpose in this life time, to take my own decisions in my life, to not allow external forces or internal forces as energies or components of my mind to be the directors of me.

How to live that practically is for example in me taking decisions for me of what to do with my time, to go in depth with myself, to see myself deeply, what I want for myself, who I want to live as, what I want to do with my time.

Return to “Living Words”