Mind-Physical Relationships

Share questions, perspectives and relevant material about Body Support here
Paul Lombardo

Mind-Physical Relationships

Postby Paul Lombardo » 26 Aug 2019, 21:04

Physically the body produce CO2, a by-product of the body but is needed at certain levels for homeostasis. When we breathe we are releasing co2, when we don't breathe we build up co2. For a while now I was under the relationship with my body to build up or hold onto co2 in belief that I will have more Energy, be healthier , live longer etc. Now when I observe my animals they seem to have the opposite relationship with co2 meaning that they seem to want to blow it off, get rid of co2. Physically the co2 is a waste product and this is how the body function by blowing off co2. I'm curious as to how I should be acting on co2 in relationship to the animal kingdom. Do animals view co2 as purely a waste product that is removed as waste through breathing or do they have the relationship I had and still can have as to build it up in the body by holding the breath consistently. When I view my dog breathe he is taking and releasing constantly. Does anyone know the animals kingdom and nature's relationship with co2? Is it a postive negative or neutral?

Paul Lombardo

Re: Mind-Physical Relationships

Postby Paul Lombardo » 26 Aug 2019, 22:05

Nevermind. Since I've never heard any being come through and talk about co2 I don't think it's relevant. I am rather using the moments in breath to dive into my physical.

Marlen

Postby Marlen » 28 Aug 2019, 19:44

Hi Paul, aside from the CO2 point, you can still investigate where some desires or wants are coming from such as " For a while now I was under the relationship with my body to build up or hold onto co2 in belief that I will have more Energy, be healthier , live longer etc."

In essence you can simply look at HOW you can create a healthier way to live, regardless of 'how long' that is - and if there's an idea of wanting to 'live longer,' then you can also instead investigate what you are perhaps fearing to lose or let go when you die, so that then you can write it all out, self forgive those fears, ideas, beliefs, desires and rather focus on who you are in every day, how can you create a better quality of living with where you are and with what you have - and seeing where can you realistically improve your quality of living.

So, holding off the breath is not really something that I would suggest doing for such purposes, remember to keep the breathing as a normal and stable point of physical awareness, and that's it.

I would guess the animals have no particular 'good' or 'bad' relationship to such element, it is what it is, it is ourselves that have certain ideas and possibly beliefs of how such element works, but even that is not really relevant to where you can actually have an effect on your mind and body/physical relationship, which I would suggest starting to look at or investigate in terms of fears, ideas, beliefs, judgments that may exist within you, write them out, self forgive them so as to rather focus on how to live more effectively in your day to day living. Self support is one stepping stone for that, the rest may involve looking at general health care - nutrition, exercise, checking your routines and habits, etc. And of course, your mind activity and how that impacts your body, which is greatly explained in the series Quantum Mind Self Awareness, which I recommend listening to in order to get a better grasp of what really matters in the relationship between the mind and the physical.

Take care

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » 31 Aug 2019, 22:48

Nevermind. Since I've never heard any being come through and talk about co2 I don't think it's relevant. I am rather using the moments in breath to dive into my physical.

So, as you note Paul, investigating how the physical and the body works in itself is cool. Yet, when this knowledge leads to fears - then you have made the 'knowledge' more than your own experience with breathing.

Breathing is such a nice way to become gentle with yourself and sense your own body.

Keep it simple.

Marlen

Postby Marlen » 05 Sep 2019, 18:16

I'd recommend some kind of exercise that supports with creating awareness of breathing and getting that sense of your physical body. I just didn't have much of that but I've been developing that throughout this year through going to Qi Gong classes, but there's algo yoga, pilates, Tai Chi and other multiple forms and exercises which are more on the 'slow' side of 'exercising' or physical movements.

Today I was reflecting on this point of breathing and movement and how much it has supported me to actually get a sense of breathing and the physical movement. I particularly enjoy these Qi Gong classes since they relate a lot to the same principles we walk here like understanding that oneness and giving and receiving, being part of the whole while also discovering our individual expression and presence.

Therefore I'm sharing this here because to me counting breath or turning it into a concept didn't make much sense to me - whereas through particular movements and linking that breathing to physical movements, I've been able to open up to a new understanding of breathing, one that is more physical along with the movements that slowly but surely can be incorporated into any other time of the day when one is not 'doing the exercises/movements' per se, but it starts becoming more of a normal way of walking, doing the regular things in the day.

So, I'd suggest you check the possibility of taking classes - or perhaps even youtube videos - where you can learn how to link your breathing to physical movements, which I also found very supportive to slow down and be more aware and present in my physical body.

Take care

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » 05 Sep 2019, 18:49

I'd recommend some kind of exercise that supports with creating awareness of breathing and getting that sense of your physical body. I just didn't have much of that but I've been developing that throughout this year through going to Qi Gong classes, but there's algo yoga, pilates, Tai Chi and other multiple forms and exercises which are more on the 'slow' side of 'exercising' or physical movements.

Today I was reflecting on this point of breathing and movement and how much it has supported me to actually get a sense of breathing and the physical movement. I particularly enjoy these Qi Gong classes since they relate a lot to the same principles we walk here like understanding that oneness and giving and receiving, being part of the whole while also discovering our individual expression and presence.

Therefore I'm sharing this here because to me counting breath or turning it into a concept didn't make much sense to me - whereas through particular movements and linking that breathing to physical movements, I've been able to open up to a new understanding of breathing, one that is more physical along with the movements that slowly but surely can be incorporated into any other time of the day when one is not 'doing the exercises/movements' per se, but it starts becoming more of a normal way of walking, doing the regular things in the day.

So, I'd suggest you check the possibility of taking classes - or perhaps even youtube videos - where you can learn how to link your breathing to physical movements, which I also found very supportive to slow down and be more aware and present in my physical body.

Take care

Cool Marlen - I actually agree with this and what came up for me was how at the farm in South Africa I learned to breathe in a physical way by practising breathing while I would do physical work at the farm such as working on a field.

Marlen

Postby Marlen » 05 Sep 2019, 20:49

Makes sense Gabriel, it really becomes something tangible when getting to physically link it to movements and practice it that way - at least that's my experience.

Another interesting note on this - going back a bit to the idea of pollution and what we breathe - I recently listened to this Eqafe audio here Quantum Aging - Reptilians - Part 438 which is a nice explanation of the body's relationship to everything we eat and breathe and what really contributes to aging or the body's deterioration. This seems fitting as well to the general topic of this thread, considering how many times we are in fear of 'pollution' or 'chemicals in food' and getting to understand what is more harmful for the physical body in that sense: the chemicals and pollution that exists everywhere or the reactions we create in our minds about it all - like fears, judgments, etc.

So, if you can check it out, recommended as well.

Return to “Body Support”