Being overweight/fat

Share questions, perspectives and relevant material about Body Support here
Nicklk1795

Being overweight/fat

Post by Nicklk1795 »

So I was wondering if being 70 lbs extra from 180 lbs (I'm lean at 165 lbs) is something of concern.. Obviously I don't like being this weight for reasons of looking good for attracting females, but if it's ok to be overweight.

I take psychiatric medication that makes it a challenge to keep weight off. So therefor I'm 250 lbs, about 32 % bf, and at 180 lbs I'm about 17-18%..

What should be my end goal, or if I should consider losing weight in the first place. Is it ok being fat. Thank you

Luc

Re: Being overweight/fat

Post by Luc »

If you’re training you’ll be ok, if not, you got work to do.

You’ve been at this for a long time. At this point your training should become an extension of who you are instead of a means to an end.

Be prepared to work hard. There’s only a blink of an eye left. Give its view the best view of you. Twinkle your toes and push the earth is right under you. Cheers nick happy lifting

Gabriel

Re: Being overweight/fat

Post by Gabriel »

Nicklk1795 wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 05:42 So I was wondering if being 70 lbs extra from 180 lbs (I'm lean at 165 lbs) is something of concern.. Obviously I don't like being this weight for reasons of looking good for attracting females, but if it's ok to be overweight.

I take psychiatric medication that makes it a challenge to keep weight off. So therefor I'm 250 lbs, about 32 % bf, and at 180 lbs I'm about 17-18%..

What should be my end goal, or if I should consider losing weight in the first place. Is it ok being fat. Thank you
You could start by investigating your OWN attitude towards your body. How do YOU actually feel about it? Here I am not talking about : what are your worries and concerns regarding what others may think and what society tells you about what is 'healthy'. I am talking about: how do you physically feel about yourself in your body. Because what is interesting in your words is that in a way you are already 'ok' with your body as it is, but you are perhaps looking for outside validation and approval.

Hence, as long as you feel that you are comfortable with and in your body, you should place your focus on forgiving all your fears, worries an judgments regarding your body.

Return to “Body Support”