Only 4 - 6 hours of sleep required?

Share questions, perspectives and relevant material about Body Support here
AnthonyF

Only 4 - 6 hours of sleep required?

Post by AnthonyF »

Hello everyone.
This post is in regards to the article on the Desteni website which states that only 4 - 6 hours of sleep is required each night.
I just was wondering how many of you actually do sleep 4 - 6 hours each night?
I actually tried sleeping for this amount of time for a few days and struggled to be honest! Although, I do realise that it is meant to (and understandably) takes a while to re-adjust to the new sleeping pattern.
I am actually going to give it another try, but as I said, just wanted to know if any of you live by this formula.

Thank you!

Ps. The link > http://desteni.org/a/questions-and-pers ... s-required
Ps again. Desteni and the act of self-forgiveness has truly changed my life, thank you.

Marlen

Re: Only 4 - 6 hours of sleep required?

Post by Marlen »

Hi, welcome to the forum!

It does take time to create a new sleeping pattern - however the immediate suggestion would be to test it out for yourself over time. I do sleep 6 hours the most - I had 4 hours last night and it's also fine, but that's been over the course of 4 years of testing it out with its 'ups' and 'downs' - so it's a matter of adjusting your body to it. I can say that I certainly do not require more than 6 hours to be 'here' and fully awake in reality - no tiredness or anything, in fact tiredness is something I cannot even experience other than when having had some physical extra-activity.

Here's a cool video for further support: 2012: Mind-Challenges Faced with Sleeping

So, share here how it goes over time for you once that you start living by this point. Remember that this is a suggestion, and you must 'hear your body' at all times if you do see you still require to sleep more due to having lived a life of 8 or more hours of sleep.

Glad you're here, if you can and would like to share your name so that can be your username - let us know.

Once you are ready to share your writings, you can go to the Writing Yourself to Freedom topics and start your own thread.

Thanks

Maya

Post by Maya »

Yes, as Marlen suggested - it's a point for each one of us to test for oneself.

For myself, i'm seeing that 6 hours is more than enough. sometimes i wake up after 3-4 hours and the backchat is: oh, you can sleep for 2-3 hours more but than, when i wake up again, it's been 4-5 hours. meaning - the body access another sleeping cycle. the consequences thereof is me being tired for the entire day. Now, on those days where i fall back to sleep what is really plays out is a point that i'm not willing to face even though the point is 'here' for me to face and i'm more than capable to walk through the points if only i allow myself to push through the resistances.

Oh and... Welcome to the Forum.

Lindsay

Post by Lindsay »

Hi here and welcome to the forum!
Ps again. Desteni and the act of self-forgiveness has truly changed my life, thank you.
Cool, me too!

In terms of sleeping: for myself, I sleep between 4-6 hours, averaging about 5. I rarely sleep more that 6 hours and if I do it's no more than 7, unless there is a physical ailment or something of the sort which is a very rare occurrence as well.

Like Marlen mentioned, it takes time to create a new sleeping pattern, so be gentle with yourself, and work with yourself here, being self-honest with where you are at - yet push yourself bit by bit to become more effective.

For myself, I had already been working with the point of sleeping less before Desteni, thus it wasn't difficult for me to integrate into a consistent point for myself, and has definitely assisted me in being more effective in my day, as obviously I have more time, while also I am not allowing myself to hide/escape from myself within sleep, as that is a not cool waste, and only re-inforces my mind within an energetic re-boot.

So, all in all test it for yourself - yet, you can also share your experiences here for feedback and perspective.

ENJOY!

AnthonyF

Post by AnthonyF »

Thank you Marlen, Maya and Lindsay for your interesting and valuable insight!
Really appreciate it.
Watching that video now, thanks Marlen.
Oh, and my name is Anthony.
I actually tried this last night. Went to sleep at 1:30 am and set my alarm for 7 am. Woke up at 7 am, but went back to sleep for another hour!
I am going to work on this though, and I look forward to this challenge.

Thanks again.

Lindsay

Post by Lindsay »

seivohc wrote:Thank you Marlen, Maya and Lindsay for your interesting and valuable insight!
Really appreciate it.
I actually tried this last night. Went to sleep at 1:30 am and set my alarm for 7 am. Woke up at 7 am, but went back to sleep for another hour!

Thanks again.
Cool Anthony!

Also, there is already a member named Anthony on the forum, so please provide us with the first initial of you surname or something of the like so as to be able to change your username.

Cheers

Ann

Post by Ann »

I sleep on average 8 hours a night. I go to bed when I am tired which is around 9-10 pm, fall asleep within a couple minutes. Then I wake up around 5-6 am. Sometimes I sleep less, sometimes more. It all depends on what I have done that day, or if I had a good night rest. Sometimes there is a lot of noise during the night which really fucks up my sleep and makes me tired, and need more sleep. Sometimes I take a nap during the day when that happens, but not often since I dont like to sleep during the day because I want to do other things, however sometimes it may be best if your almost falling asleep on your desk :P So your activity level (mentally and physically) also determins.
So it is about testing it out for yourself, and being self-honest within this to see if you have a lazy habbit or anything else. And find the amount of sleep you require for your body to be well rested.

AnthonyF

Post by AnthonyF »

Lindsay Craver wrote:
seivohc wrote:Thank you Marlen, Maya and Lindsay for your interesting and valuable insight!
Really appreciate it.

Thanks again.
Cool Anthony!

Also, there is already a member named Anthony on the forum, so please provide us with the first initial of you surname or something of the like so as to be able to change your username.

Cheers
Oh, sure! Okay that would be Field. So, F? =]

Thank you.

AnthonyF

Post by AnthonyF »

Ann wrote:I sleep on average 8 hours a night. I go to bed when I am tired which is around 9-10 pm, fall asleep within a couple minutes. Then I wake up around 5-6 am. Sometimes I sleep less, sometimes more. It all depends on what I have done that day, or if I had a good night rest. Sometimes there is a lot of noise during the night which really fucks up my sleep and makes me tired, and need more sleep. Sometimes I take a nap during the day when that happens, but not often since I dont like to sleep during the day because I want to do other things, however sometimes it may be best if your almost falling asleep on your desk :P So your activity level (mentally and physically) also determins.
So it is about testing it out for yourself, and being self-honest within this to see if you have a lazy habbit or anything else. And find the amount of sleep you require for your body to be well rested.
Thanks, Ann.
Yes, I shall test these sleeping theories!

Lindsay

Post by Lindsay »

AnthonyF wrote:
Lindsay Craver wrote:
Really appreciate it.

Thanks again.
Cool Anthony!

Cheers
Oh, sure! Okay that would be Field. So, F? =]

Thank you.
Done.

Return to “Body Support”