Only 4 - 6 hours of sleep required?

Share questions, perspectives and relevant material about Body Support here
avery

Re: Only 4 - 6 hours of sleep required?

Post by avery »

I find that six hours is enough especially when I get up and go for a walk I get a more effective use of my day.

MartijndeGraaf

Post by MartijndeGraaf »

I usually go to sleep somewhere between 2:00 and 3:00 in the night and the alarm in my phone goes off at 8:00. Then I take the time to see into me if there are points in myself to work with, or to walk through. I put the alarm on snooze because some time ago I would fall asleep again every now and then. Or I would end up in random thinking and the alarm would bring me here again. I then also noticed that I was able to sleep through the noise of the snooze! So I set up a second alarm 1/2 hour later with a different sound. That worked and from there I worked my way back to effectively lying down to enjoy myself, investigating points that are here to look into or to walk through, stopping myself when indulging in random thinking and not giving in to falling asleep again and instead getting up in the moment. What it requires is that I am here to make the decisions, this cannot be automated and isn't something that just happens. When I am here it's quality time. Do I want this, I must ask myself every morning.

sylvia

Post by sylvia »

When I read your last sentence "Do I want this, I must ask myself every morning." Martijn, I was looking back at a control point I had in the past and worked myself through. I was constantly asking myself if I wanted the very thing that happened to me, whether it was a fly flying around my head or doing a task, I always asked myself first, do I want this. My ego, big time in action, and out to get total control. I'm now at a point where I can see how things simply have to be done or simply are the way they are, before I ask myself the 'do I want this' question, which then makes this question superfluous. I mean flies are there when my windows are open in Spring and Summer, I'm co-existing with all that lives!

This is a bit off topic, by the way I sleep 6 hours and then spend 20 minutes stabilizing myself and getting ready on a process level to start my day .

MartijndeGraaf

Post by MartijndeGraaf »

In the past, i have defined lying in bed in the morning as an opportunity to not get up and basically say fuck you to the daytime and to reality and to myself. I have automated this into habits of losing myself in thinking/dreaming/sleeping more. So in moments in the present I am confronted with myself having been lost for a moment. That’s where I ask myself ‘do I want this?’ To place myself in the position to review my decision in the past where I would decide to give in to being lost/not being here. And to give myself the opportunity to decide otherwise and change.

sylvia

Post by sylvia »

Cool Martijn for elaborating on the point, to be clear I wasn't referring to your post when speaking about the control point, it was clear what you meant, though it triggered a memory within me.

YoganBarrientos

Post by YoganBarrientos »

I had an interesting event happen in regards to sleep the past two mornings. I actually woke up well and rested, something which I hadn't done in a long time. I also didn't change my routine, I slept the same number of hours 9 (not 6), slept at the same time, did nothing special before I slept, except this....

So through writing I identified how I was reacting with energy constantly, which I call a vibration, because its moving so much all the time, like a vibrating string. When I got down to it, I saw really it was me that was vibrating, maybe my being. So within my body, arms, legs, torso, I experience a vibration, I may be vibrating quickly or slowly. When I was possessed earlier this week, I was vibrating quickly. And I remember a moment clearly, where I was triggered, and there was this moment where I started to be revved up inside me, like an engine getting ready. And then I felt this thing throughout my whole body. The best word I have found to decscribe it is like a buzz, because I felt so energetic, like I could do so much, and I did, but it was like I was going to fast, really... like I had no control, but I believed I did, and that this was just who I am.

So it was who I am, but who I am, as a possessed state. Long story short, I identified how I was vibrating and when I did that, and now I can literally see in each moment how I am vibrating, I tried to slow down my vibration, and I could but when its triggered I need to be aware of the trigger and the detail of it, the more I am aware of the trigger the more I can slow myself down. So this is in essence, how I have lived the phrase slowwwwwww dowwwwwwn. As a point of reference, I was only able to get out of my possessed state, finally, because someone said to me to slowwwww dowwwwwn. And then I did. And I went outside, and sat outside, like sitting in a time out like a little kid. And I was still thinking, and finally I decided to write out the point for myself, with myself, looking at memories, which I was able to do because when I am nature I automatically vibrate at a "lower" amount. Though still vibrating might I add. Though slowing down is what allowed me to question and investigate my possession.

I was always confused and unaware for a long time whether when I was like this, all hyped up, and energetic, whether that was energy, because I was doing stuff I considered best for all, Vlogging, blogging like this, though I was aware there was some issue here, I just couldn't really see it.

So getting back to the sleeping point, if you haven't gotten it by now, I will spoil it for you, by slowing down, continuously, consistently, this actually allowed my to sleep or rest. Before, and especially on the night of my possession, I was thinking, and I felt the energy, the surge throughout my body like I am wide awake, and I never questioned that, because I thought that was just me that was just normal, I was still supporting what is best for all. Little did I know.

This sleeping point is an awesome cross-reference, and waking up this morning was priceless, i actually stayed in bed for a moment, just a moment, to relish in how well rested I was and how I could easily get up.

Also to point out that even though I slept 9 hours all the other nights, and including these past days, that didn't change how well rested I was. And now I see perhaps 6 hours being viable for me, because now I can finally rest in my sleep. I still see all the points brought up in this thread as relevant, so this post I am sharing is simply another dimension to sleep that I hadn't realize until I lived it myself.

For those interested, they could read my blog posted that I wrote in relation to my possession and the various steps and layers I went through to stabilize me. http://yoganjourneytolife.blogspot.com/ ... sires.html
And for those who have read it, I have yet to publish a blog on the vibration thing I am referencing and have labeled for my support in investigating and understanding myself. So you can look forward to that when its ready.

thanks everyone, sweet sleeps!

Anna

Post by Anna »

As a point of reference, I was only able to get out of my possessed state, finally, because someone said to me to slowwwww dowwwwwn. And then I did. And I went outside, and sat outside, like sitting in a time out like a little kid. And I was still thinking, and finally I decided to write out the point for myself, with myself, looking at memories, which I was able to do because when I am nature I automatically vibrate at a "lower" amount. Though still vibrating might I add. Though slowing down is what allowed me to question and investigate my possession.
That is awesome Yogan, I can definitely relate to that point of giving oneself a time-out and literally put a stop to the spinning wheels of energy and ground oneself here.
Also to point out that even though I slept 9 hours all the other nights, and including these past days, that didn't change how well rested I was. And now I see perhaps 6 hours being viable for me, because now I can finally rest in my sleep.

Very cool!

YoganBarrientos

Post by YoganBarrientos »

Hi, I had a recent experience that adds a further dimension to consider in regards to one's sleeping habit. When going through great change or adjustments, either internal or external, sleeping more allows you to process the change, and prepare for the change. I have been going through some changes, and I saw how sleeping more had helped me to process those changes. So simply laying down, not moving, giving yourself the opportunity to process changes, is another point to consider in regards to one's sleep, as providing an assistance and support for yourself. Remember that this whole process is about YOU, so if you sleep less, it will be for YOU, if you sleep more, it would be for YOU. So one has to investigate and be aware of, and sensitive to your own situations, and needs. Sleeping less, just provides more time to you in your day, and you also spend less time in dreams. Sleeping less doesn't make you more or superior. That would defeat the purpose of this whole process, which is for YOU. You can only be successful in helping yourself, which this whole desteni process is just that, you helping you, you forgiving you, you making commitments, if you're starting point is you. That's where you can be absolute, and stand from a point of stability, because you are standing from one singular point. Like standing on a specific mountain, you're able to see the view clearly. If you weren't standing in one spot, but constantly shifting, then you couldn't determine your bearings. I observe/notice a tendency in us humans to take points of comparison or challenges, that can be construed or interpreted to mean that if one completes the challenge, one is somehow a winner, and has earned/achieved something, like a status, or level, or recognition, when the whole point of process, would be more like the opposite, as we are identifying such points of separation, so we can make our bearings again of reality, and what really matters. And I speak from my personal experience as a human, as well as my interaction with other people. But what's cool about such points, is that every topic, no matter the topic, opens a door into a dimension within ourselves that chances are, we haven't seen or looked at previously. So seeing such a competition/comparison dimension in regards to sleeping less is actually a gift, and will accelerate your process if you take advantage of such a gift, and use it to its fullest extent, by continuing writing and self-investigation the dimension within yourself that opened up before your own eyes.

Thanks, I appreciate everyone who wrote in this thread. Thanks again.

Return to “Body Support”