Sinus Infection & Antibiotics

Share questions, perspectives and relevant material about Body Support here
Michelle

Sinus Infection & Antibiotics

Post by Michelle »

Hi everyone,

I went into a walk-in clinic where the doctor said I have a sinus infection. I have for a while dealt with head pressure, nasal drainage, nausea and dizziness ever since being back from Europe (I live in US). So the doctor prescribed me antibiotics. I am on day three with it. I contacted my Naturopath about this and she said to take the medicine the doctor prescribed for the time being and the dizziness and head pressure should alleviate.

My problem though is I am concerned about taking antibiotics. I have read and heard how they do not support but more harm the body and kill the good bacteria. I am not sure if I should still take it, but want the head pressure/drainage/dizziness to stop. I am not sure what sinus infection means on a mind-physical level, but if anyone knows, I appreciate that too.

If anyone has perspectives on sinus infections and antibiotics please let me know, thank you!

Ruben

Re: Sinus Infection & Antibiotics

Post by Ruben »

Seeing how the body was not able to 'cope' and fight the infection by itself - seeing that it developed - I see it is cool that you assist your body with antibiotics. On top of that you could add some more remedies like doing nasal irrigation with salt water for example, and supporting the gut bacteria by eating yoghurts, for example. I would not recommend stopping antibiotics once you have started the cycle because then the bacteria instead of being killed could get stronger, you would let the bacteria grow again. There are more remedies like hydogen peroxide dilluted with water and so on. But I would only do these alternative remedies on top of the antibiotics whenever it is compatible and you have valid information about it.

sylvia

Post by sylvia »

What I do with infections is start a cure with colloidal silver, for me this always does the trick. Though you've started the antibiotics and as Ruben said you better finish now what you've started. What you can do after the cure, is take a probiotic cure, best not to buy a pharmaceutical one there are less bacteria in it and since you're gluten free watch that too. Hope you feel better soon.

MartijndeGraaf

Post by MartijndeGraaf »

You can take what we call here 'probiotica' after you finished the antibiotics.
I have sinus infection off and on since I was 16 years of age. Once I took antibiotics. It worked. And for some time the infection was gone. It returned and I have it for many years all the time. When the infection became rather unbearable I used a infra red lamp to heat the sinuses several days in a row. That would kill off a lot of them bacteria for a while. In my process I every now and then search for points related to the infection. I focus my attention on the part of my face and I see if there is a specific tension there. If so I try to relax it and I watch myself during the day when do I place tension there? I'll find the moments and I can see what I am experiencing in those moments. Then I apply selfforgiveness and I live the correction. Many points have I found. It's not yet over still.
A few days ago I touched my face and massaged it alongside the nose because there had been a bit more pressure there. And while I was doing so I found that I make a movement in myself where I 'leave' that part of my face, like I fly away from it. I searched for the moments where I do this and I found a construct in my mind consisting of several layers. The top layer is like: 'I have no problems and I'm having a good time'. This is where I go to entertain myself in my mind in a moment where I make a entertaining thought about something, about what I see for instance.
So this is what you can do as well. If so let us know what you find.

barbara

Post by barbara »

I do acupressure meaning massaging/rubbing acupunture points. These would be:

Bladder 2. Location: in the indentation of the inner eye socket where the bridge of the nose meets the ridge of the eyebrows.
Liver 20. Location: Just to the side of the nostril (right and left).
Liver 4. Location: In the webbing between the thumb and index finger, at the highest spot of the muscle when you bring the thumb and index finger close together.
Bladder 10. Location: one-half inch below the base of the skull on the ropy muscles one-half inch outward from the spine.
Bladder 7. Location: On the top of the skull, in a line upward from the back of the ears, one thumb width from the center.
Stomach 3. Location: At the bottom of the cheekbone, directly below the pupil.
GV 20. Location: On the crown of the head between the cranial bones. To find the point, follow the line up from the back of the ears to the top of the head.
GV 24.5 Location: Directly between the eyebrows, in the indentation where the bridge of the nose meets the forehead.

You don't need them all, see how it feels to you. They will be sensitive, but are usually quite effective in clearing congestion and relieving pain.

Give yourself some time to rest and drink ginger tea, inhale salt water vapours, maybe try a hot mashed potato or warm cottage cheese to draw out the infection, or onions are said to have helped too. Place on the affected area.

Hope you feel better soon, Michele!

Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Hi everyone! Thanks for your responses!

So, I was able to have a chat with Sunette about these points. She said that it is okay to take antibiotics if the physical symptoms are severe, and to eat yogurt with the good "AB Life" bacteria and also take a probiotic supplement daily. She will also in time provide more information on the mind's contribution to the symptoms I've been experiencing, so will let you guys know once I'm aware of that.

What was most interesting was that through our chat we came upon a point, specifically a fear that I did not sort out and has been a reason for the manifested sickness/infection I have. Because, what happened was I started to get sick about a month and half ago, where I got Gastritis, then Acid Reflux and then a Sinus Infection, and Sunette pointed out it's because of stress that exists within me that comes from this one fear I did not sort out and deal with. So, you can say I was quite astounded to find out about this - that due to being stressed about this one point and not dealing with it, my body became susceptible to illness/infection. I now have direction on how to sort this point out!

I also recently listened to this interview: Memories & Illness which is also of great support: https://eqafe.com/p/memories-and-illnes ... on-part-37

On another note, the antibiotics have been giving me some heartburn. I took 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar with a big glass of water and I am doing fine now.
Ruben wrote:Seeing how the body was not able to 'cope' and fight the infection by itself - seeing that it developed - I see it is cool that you assist your body with antibiotics. On top of that you could add some more remedies like doing nasal irrigation with salt water for example, and supporting the gut bacteria by eating yoghurts, for example. I would not recommend stopping antibiotics once you have started the cycle because then the bacteria instead of being killed could get stronger, you would let the bacteria grow again. There are more remedies like hydogen peroxide dilluted with water and so on. But I would only do these alternative remedies on top of the antibiotics whenever it is compatible and you have valid information about it.
Thanks for your response Ruben. I didn't know that about antibiotics, so I will continue with them. As for the nasal irrigation - I bought a Neti Pot with saline solution and gave it a go tonight and I feel clear-headed lol. I also bought yogurt with probiotics so will start eating that as well!
sylvia wrote:What I do with infections is start a cure with colloidal silver, for me this always does the trick. Though you've started the antibiotics and as Ruben said you better finish now what you've started. What you can do after the cure, is take a probiotic cure, best not to buy a pharmaceutical one there are less bacteria in it and since you're gluten free watch that too. Hope you feel better soon.

I researched taking colloidal silver with taking antibiotics and some articles say it makes antibiotics a lot more effective, but I'm not entirely comfortable to start this new routine - I will talk to my Naturopath about this. Though if I do get another sinus infection I want to try the silver before going to antibiotics. I also have a good probiotic supplement the Naturopath gave me, so will take one in conjunction with the antibiotics! Thanks Sylvia!
MartijndeGraaf wrote:You can take what we call here 'probiotica' after you finished the antibiotics.
I have sinus infection off and on since I was 16 years of age. Once I took antibiotics. It worked. And for some time the infection was gone. It returned and I have it for many years all the time. When the infection became rather unbearable I used a infra red lamp to heat the sinuses several days in a row. That would kill off a lot of them bacteria for a while. In my process I every now and then search for points related to the infection. I focus my attention on the part of my face and I see if there is a specific tension there. If so I try to relax it and I watch myself during the day when do I place tension there? I'll find the moments and I can see what I am experiencing in those moments. Then I apply selfforgiveness and I live the correction. Many points have I found. It's not yet over still.
A few days ago I touched my face and massaged it alongside the nose because there had been a bit more pressure there. And while I was doing so I found that I make a movement in myself where I 'leave' that part of my face, like I fly away from it. I searched for the moments where I do this and I found a construct in my mind consisting of several layers. The top layer is like: 'I have no problems and I'm having a good time'. This is where I go to entertain myself in my mind in a moment where I make a entertaining thought about something, about what I see for instance.
So this is what you can do as well. If so let us know what you find.
Thanks for your response and sharing, Martijn. I don't have a infra red lamp but a Himalayn Salt Lamp which I read can assist with sinus problems but you have to keep them on all night, which is a bit of a problem for me since I like to sleep in complete darkness, lol. Also, that's really cool/interesting how you support yourself with the facial pressure/tension. Really cool support.
barbara wrote:I do acupressure meaning massaging/rubbing acupunture points. These would be:

Bladder 2. Location: in the indentation of the inner eye socket where the bridge of the nose meets the ridge of the eyebrows.
Liver 20. Location: Just to the side of the nostril (right and left).
Liver 4. Location: In the webbing between the thumb and index finger, at the highest spot of the muscle when you bring the thumb and index finger close together.
Bladder 10. Location: one-half inch below the base of the skull on the ropy muscles one-half inch outward from the spine.
Bladder 7. Location: On the top of the skull, in a line upward from the back of the ears, one thumb width from the center.
Stomach 3. Location: At the bottom of the cheekbone, directly below the pupil.
GV 20. Location: On the crown of the head between the cranial bones. To find the point, follow the line up from the back of the ears to the top of the head.
GV 24.5 Location: Directly between the eyebrows, in the indentation where the bridge of the nose meets the forehead.

You don't need them all, see how it feels to you. They will be sensitive, but are usually quite effective in clearing congestion and relieving pain.

Give yourself some time to rest and drink ginger tea, inhale salt water vapours, maybe try a hot mashed potato or warm cottage cheese to draw out the infection, or onions are said to have helped too. Place on the affected area.

Hope you feel better soon, Michele!
Thank you Barbara for placing the accupuncture points! I will make time to apply these techniques. I have also been drinking ginger tea and inhaled steam from boiling water in a bowl which cleared up the sinuses. Yep, and I read about onions, even eating garlic (raw) to suppose to assist with clearing sinuses.

Garbrielle

Post by Garbrielle »

Really helpful thread thanks for sharing all.

ingridschaefer

Post by ingridschaefer »

Cool support all!

Most basic points as a physical support are already covered.
If Sinusitis keeps coming back, you can support the immune system as it means that it might have become 'oversensitive' and the mucus reacts on more than it should do. For this, still a pro-biotic is suggested together with GLA which is an essential fat acid from the Evening Primrose or from the Borage oil. These products together will support the mucus of the intestines and indirectly of the sinus. Also vitamin D will support in this process. Depending on how much sun you get each year you will need this (this depends on where you live; our body makes vitamin D when we are in the sun without protecting the skin with too much suncreme with UVB, so it is to find a balance in this so that the skin does not get burned; supplements of vitamin D are easy to get and a simple bloodtest for this is also possible at the family doctor. Vitamin D is also suggested with gastritis; you can ask your naturopath about it).

For the rest your food is of importance here but I understand you are busy working with this (sugar and milkproducts give a lot of slime and milkpoducts are 'too cold' for example, only some yoghurt is preferable; warm food and yes ginger tea will probably do well; also chamomile tea is preferable for the mucus as well as the gastritis - 3 cups a day). So overall; you want to support the body to heal the infections and at the same time have to be 'carefull with' as caring for the mucus.

What I have found within myself with regards to sensitive mucus, is that this is related to 'reactions' in/as the mind and especially 'reacting on reactions' within myself. So actually a judgement towards my own reactions which is suppressing the initial reaction, keeping it suppressed and hidden inside myself, even for myself. Actually the mucus is 'irritated' (as how being irritated in reaction in/as the mind) which gives very small 'invisible' infections.
When you type in 'reacting on reactions' on eqafe there are some related interviews coming up.

However as you write how it is related to a point of fear and this is first time the sinus infection is coming up; very cool to walk this point and move on with the anti-biotics and in the mean time, support the body with pro-biotics. After this you can see if the mucus needs some more support.

When you possibly decide to start with colloidal silver, there are lot of different qualities in this.
The one quality that I know that is well is from 'the health factory'.

This is the side but it is under constriction at the moment:
http://www.thehealthfactory.com/

Thanks for sharing Michelle and all the best with it!

ingridschaefer

Post by ingridschaefer »

PS Michelle did you listen to the Atlanteans-series about Stress? I found them very supportive to understand what stress is, as this is actually also a reaction to a reaction, as reacting in stress towards a reaction in/as fear. The mucus within the body has a function of protection between the inside and outside millieu (this and more of course) which is also interesting to investigate how this is related to protectionmechanism in/as the mind where in it keeps itself irritated ('stressed') in/as reactions to protect it's own existense. I will continue investigating this process within myself. Thanks!

https://eqafe.com/p/stress-the-history- ... ns-part-97
(and further)

ingridschaefer

Post by ingridschaefer »

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to thinks and believe that I have to protect myself towards the world 'outside' and within this, compromise my world inside in and as reaction in/as fear towards the world outside, in and as a believe that the world outside is able to define who I am and so I believe I need to protect myself in and as a separation in and as the mind, instead of seeing, realising and understanding that as soon as I react in/as fear in/as separation as protectionmechanism, I define myself in and as reaction in and as the mind, using physical substance to generate this energy which is substantiating this energetic reactions within my physical body and leaving blue prints within my body as signs where in I walk every time again which has an irritating and damaging influence on the mucus within my physical body especially within the large intestine as a physical representation of what I accept and allow within and as myself in/as the mind.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to diminish the physical protection mechanism as the physical function of the mucus in protecting myself in/as the mind in separation in and as a believe that I need to protect myself in/as the mind.

I commit myself to, when and as I see myself going into reaction in/as the mind as a protection mechanism, to stop, breathe and investigate what it is that I fear, what I believe and assume and defined myself as and how I can practically support myself to walk through this fear in self-definitions in and as small steps, where in I forgive and correct myself the fears as separation that I face within and as myself.

(A self-forgiveness statement on what I walked myself this morning facing some pain in the large intestine related to the mucus and protection where after firm and gently pushing with my hands on the place in the body and having patience for the point to come up, the specific cramp released)

Return to “Body Support”