Sinus Infection & Antibiotics

Share questions, perspectives and relevant material about Body Support here
Adele

Re: Sinus Infection & Antibiotics

Post by Adele »

I use a netty pot with warm salt water to clean out the sinus - it helps against getting infections

Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Adele wrote:I use a netty pot with warm salt water to clean out the sinus - it helps against getting infections
Cool, yes, I used this tonight and it did help me with the sinuses and dizziness.
ingridschaefer wrote:Cool support all!

Most basic points as a physical support are already covered.
If Sinusitis keeps coming back, you can support the immune system as it means that it might have become 'oversensitive' and the mucus reacts on more than it should do. For this, still a pro-biotic is suggested together with GLA which is an essential fat acid from the Evening Primrose or from the Borage oil. These products together will support the mucus of the intestines and indirectly of the sinus. Also vitamin D will support in this process. Depending on how much sun you get each year you will need this (this depends on where you live; our body makes vitamin D when we are in the sun without protecting the skin with too much suncreme with UVB, so it is to find a balance in this so that the skin does not get burned; supplements of vitamin D are easy to get and a simple bloodtest for this is also possible at the family doctor. Vitamin D is also suggested with gastritis; you can ask your naturopath about it).

For the rest your food is of importance here but I understand you are busy working with this (sugar and milkproducts give a lot of slime and milkpoducts are 'too cold' for example, only some yoghurt is preferable; warm food and yes ginger tea will probably do well; also chamomile tea is preferable for the mucus as well as the gastritis - 3 cups a day). So overall; you want to support the body to heal the infections and at the same time have to be 'carefull with' as caring for the mucus.

What I have found within myself with regards to sensitive mucus, is that this is related to 'reactions' in/as the mind and especially 'reacting on reactions' within myself. So actually a judgement towards my own reactions which is suppressing the initial reaction, keeping it suppressed and hidden inside myself, even for myself. Actually the mucus is 'irritated' (as how being irritated in reaction in/as the mind) which gives very small 'invisible' infections.
When you type in 'reacting on reactions' on eqafe there are some related interviews coming up.

However as you write how it is related to a point of fear and this is first time the sinus infection is coming up; very cool to walk this point and move on with the anti-biotics and in the mean time, support the body with pro-biotics. After this you can see if the mucus needs some more support.

When you possibly decide to start with colloidal silver, there are lot of different qualities in this.
The one quality that I know that is well is from 'the health factory'.

This is the side but it is under constriction at the moment:
http://www.thehealthfactory.com/

Thanks for sharing Michelle and all the best with it!
Really helpful/supportive info, Ingrid! I actually do take a Vitamin D in liquid form everyday as my blood tests did show I am low with this, and I really am staying away from sugar products. Since being sick, I know with sugar especially, bacteria like to feed on that, so best for me to stay away for a while. I was a bit hesitant to try yogurt because I was afraid it would produce more mucus but it turns out my body didn’t react to it – no problems so far - I ate 2% Plain Greek Yogurt. Oh, I will give chamomile tea a shot!

I have basically been making myself soup made out of chicken broth, celery, carrots, green onions and chicken. It’s my staple food at the moment while I heal. Also, been incorporating oatmeal for breakfast, and yogurt with my diet. Will see if I can add other foods too.

As for the reacting to reactions – I can definitely relate because I’ve noticed this pattern existent within me on a daily basis. I will look up that interview you suggested.

If I happen to have a sinus infection again I would like to give the colloidal silver a try before going to other medicines/antibiotics.

ingridschaefer wrote:PS Michelle did you listen to the Atlanteans-series about Stress? I found them very supportive to understand what stress is, as this is actually also a reaction to a reaction, as reacting in stress towards a reaction in/as fear. The mucus within the body has a function of protection between the inside and outside millieu (this and more of course) which is also interesting to investigate how this is related to protectionmechanism in/as the mind where in it keeps itself irritated ('stressed') in/as reactions to protect it's own existense. I will continue investigating this process within myself. Thanks!

https://eqafe.com/p/stress-the-history- ... ns-part-97
(and further)
I listened to the first part only! So will listen to the other ones when I have the time to do so. That's really interesting about the mucus and protection mechanism of the mind. I am interested in what you discover more within your investigations with the protection mechanism point.

Cool Self-Forgiveness by the way. I read them aloud to myself.

Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I can't offer an explanation as to how or why the illness manifests, but I have had this many, many times, to the point where I am immune to all the antibiotics available for sinusitis. what I did not consider (because I was stubborn) was when a doctor suggested that it might be allergies, because I have never had allergies (or knew I did) in my life. sure enough, I took 1 reaction (antihistamine) tablet and the sinusitis went away, haven't had a problem since. This was about 6 months ago.

Ruben

Post by Ruben »

Michelle wrote:Hi everyone! Thanks for your responses!
Thanks for your response Ruben. I didn't know that about antibiotics, so I will continue with them. As for the nasal irrigation - I bought a Neti Pot with saline solution and gave it a go tonight and I feel clear-headed lol. I also bought yogurt with probiotics so will start eating that as well!
Cool

ingridschaefer

Post by ingridschaefer »

I have basically been making myself soup made out of chicken broth, celery, carrots, green onions and chicken. It’s my staple food at the moment while I heal. Also, been incorporating oatmeal for breakfast, and yogurt with my diet. Will see if I can add other foods too.
Sounds cool Michelle; basic food to 'strengthen' the body seen from the perspective of natural medicin. Enjoy the meals ;-).

Return to “Body Support”