Is body building necessary

Share questions, perspectives and relevant material about Body Support here
Nicklk1795

Is body building necessary

Post by Nicklk1795 »

So, here a back to back post from my last one, but this should be my last concern that I am having difficulty figuring out.

So, recently, I have came up with the conclusion that I need to build a healthy amount of muscle. Currently, I'm at a low 11% bf, so my weight isn't an issue and I have about 140 lbs of lean muscle mass, out of the 160lbs that I weigh. With this amount, I can lift heavy things easily, and can get through HIIT exercises pretty easily, and generally am in good shape for allot of circumstances. However, I initially have considered that I would just feel better with an extra 12 - 15 lbs of muscle that I could gain within a 8 month bulk from now untill February, with a 300 calorie surplus eating clean, to where I can control and minimize the fat gains, and so predictably, gain up to about 3-4% body fat out of the 12 - 15 lbs of muscle mass, and then cut for 4 months until July and then just maintain the weight.

I was just wondering if doing things like this, and adding muscle and strength on my body is something that would be supportive for me, or if it's cool to go through that year process.

Nicklk1795

Re: Is body building necessary

Post by Nicklk1795 »

I've identified certain points in my relationship to health, fitness, etc. so these will be points to walk through. Be free for perspectives nonetheless.

Gabriel Aceves

Post by Gabriel Aceves »

Hi Nick

I consider that before looking at responding with a "yes or no" to the question of (building muscle mass can assist and support my body), I think that you should consider to question yourself "how does building muscle mass will assist and support my body?" "why it is a neccesity in my life?" and "how am I planning to get to that point that I want to get?", also look at the context of the word "necessity" in itself, to get sure that you are not hiding any secret agenda to justify ego issues in regards to build up muscle mass, because, understand if your starting point whne doing excercise is ego, you will just prolong your process, because if you are not first looking at your starting point when doing excercise, and you are just feeding personalities of insecurity, fear, anger, and so on, you are only going to make it harder for you to realize how to actually stand up and develop a real and effective relationship with your body.

I assume that you already understand that building muscle is not dependent only on doing excercise, but that it depends mainly on the nutrition and diet that you take, what will bring the results that you attempt.

Now, I want to give you some context, I myself participated on body building for quite some years, and I would like to share with you just a breve realization that I have in regards to this issue; now, you must understand that I was not like "only interested in body building", I actually had the plan of making of it my life, so to speak, and I have to tell you, I used to do at minimum from 5 to 6 hours of excercise everyday, also taking weekends and so on, (with the rest days that one must have), anyway..., and there was a moment in the time that I was doing excercise, that I will see that, I was not able to lift anymore weight, my muscles reach a limit and couldn´t grow anymore, I went through the entire process of the use proteins, vitamins, oxyde nitric, and so on, but yet, my body will only reach a 100%, are you following me? So..., I was not satisfied with the results that I was getting, I wanted more, I wanted to look like the bigger guys of magazines, and so, what I did is that I began to try steroids, anabolics, etc., and I can tell you that, the experience within oneself, is not in any way nice, at all, for this I suggest you to (if you are able to do so) to buy and listen to the following interviews, in which this guys give detail of their experience with doing and abusing from excercise and anabolics and so on

Life Review - My Life as an Exercise Addict
https://eqafe.com/p/life-review-my-life ... ise-addict

Life Review - My Life as a Health Fanatic
https://eqafe.com/p/life-review-my-life ... th-fanatic

Life Review - A Steroid Fanatic
https://eqafe.com/p/life-review-a-steroid-fanatic

What I want you to understand here is that, I didn´t had respect for my body at all, what I wanted to do is to make of it just a nice picture, and it brought me some consequences within my mind, and I would like to read your feedback before continuing with this, please expose your reasons and desires and first look at them in self honesty before making any decision alright?

Have a nice day

AnthonyF

Post by AnthonyF »

Gabriel Aceves wrote:Hi Nick

I consider that before looking at responding with a "yes or no" to the question of (building muscle mass can assist and support my body), I think that you should consider to question yourself "how does building muscle mass will assist and support my body?" "why it is a neccesity in my life?" and "how am I planning to get to that point that I want to get?", also look at the context of the word "necessity" in itself, to get sure that you are not hiding any secret agenda to justify ego issues in regards to build up muscle mass, because, understand if your starting point whne doing excercise is ego, you will just prolong your process, because if you are not first looking at your starting point when doing excercise, and you are just feeding personalities of insecurity, fear, anger, and so on, you are only going to make it harder for you to realize how to actually stand up and develop a real and effective relationship with your body.

I assume that you already understand that building muscle is not dependent only on doing excercise, but that it depends mainly on the nutrition and diet that you take, what will bring the results that you attempt.

Now, I want to give you some context, I myself participated on body building for quite some years, and I would like to share with you just a breve realization that I have in regards to this issue; now, you must understand that I was not like "only interested in body building", I actually had the plan of making of it my life, so to speak, and I have to tell you, I used to do at minimum from 5 to 6 hours of excercise everyday, also taking weekends and so on, (with the rest days that one must have), anyway..., and there was a moment in the time that I was doing excercise, that I will see that, I was not able to lift anymore weight, my muscles reach a limit and couldn´t grow anymore, I went through the entire process of the use proteins, vitamins, oxyde nitric, and so on, but yet, my body will only reach a 100%, are you following me? So..., I was not satisfied with the results that I was getting, I wanted more, I wanted to look like the bigger guys of magazines, and so, what I did is that I began to try steroids, anabolics, etc., and I can tell you that, the experience within oneself, is not in any way nice, at all, for this I suggest you to (if you are able to do so) to buy and listen to the following interviews, in which this guys give detail of their experience with doing and abusing from excercise and anabolics and so on

Life Review - My Life as an Exercise Addict
https://eqafe.com/p/life-review-my-life ... ise-addict

Life Review - My Life as a Health Fanatic
https://eqafe.com/p/life-review-my-life ... th-fanatic

Life Review - A Steroid Fanatic
https://eqafe.com/p/life-review-a-steroid-fanatic

What I want you to understand here is that, I didn´t had respect for my body at all, what I wanted to do is to make of it just a nice picture, and it brought me some consequences within my mind, and I would like to read your feedback before continuing with this, please expose your reasons and desires and first look at them in self honesty before making any decision alright?

Have a nice day
Cool feedback, Gabriel. Thank you.

That's how I always saw bodybuilding - an ego fuelling system which pushes the body way beyond the limit in which it can reach.

Anna

Post by Anna »

Awesome support here Gabriel!

Nicklk1795

Post by Nicklk1795 »

Yes, after having had allot of sitting down time, and alittle writting, I can see as I'm going back into process, how much more abusive my mind is. It seems, if I let any emotion loose, any thought, then it is realistically demonic towards life. I realized this through hanging out with a female destonian that lives here in my town. I saw how controlling I tried to be over her, I saw how I would cover up allot of anger within myself, and generally insecurities with positive personalities, to where I would manifest abusive things, like driving aggressively, and I'm sure other things I was too blind to be aware of, to where I would just make these pretty experiences excuses to abuse, even if I didn't make it THAT apparent. It seems this bodybuilding thing is one of those things. It seems, when I really inherently look at what I really want, is that, I don't even care about doing it, all I've ever essentially known, is that I need to start supporting my relationships, my process, FOR REAL, and not keep creating these voids just so I can be abusive and keep my personalities. So, for now, I'm just focusing on responsibilities, not deliberately building relationships with others, in terms of wanting to build it within and as a personality convenience, but building relationships with whoever is around me through focusing on myself. Exercising can be there as a moderate activity, in terms of doing yoga, going on runs, but not to where it impedes me from doing my process, because I can see how extensive I've created a void towards my appearance, as a way to hide the truth, and when that happens, it's not so cool with how extensive abuse can be accumulated... Anyways, thanks for the reply buddy, definitely cool support there.

Gian

Post by Gian »

Cool post here guys.

I have tons to share in relation to this point, But I will start slow and progress with the group chat here.

when I was sixteen I started exercising for ALL the wrong reasons (wrong defined as not best for all life) - I did it for ego - the ego wanted to be strong and big and look secure and sturdy and sexy and have all these things that I believed girls like and that defines a MAN.

I exercised for two years straight within using muscle mass gaining proteins and I used supplement (which cost me a lot of money) - I exercised for two hours a day everyday except on weekend, I drove my bicycle to the gym most of the days and back home which in total was 12km a day, so that's like an hour of cardio and then two hours of just pumping it, bending the metal lol.

I also did Karate twice a week, plus at school I did as much sport as I could, except rugby, because I just wasn't big enough for that compared to the other guys playing the game.

so after two years of doing this I have literally gained no mass, I still looked the exact same size, just way more ripped, I was strong and fit and my body was like a machine - let me give you an idea - I weigh back then 55kg that is I think 135 pounds. I was 1.66m tall.

so I was skinny, people used to tease me for being skinny and not looking my age either.

But when I am in the gym or doing a sport people could not believe what I was doing, I lift 17kg dumbbells in each arm, I used to bench 60kg (more than my own weight) and so forth.. I got the BIG guys in the gym looking at me and actually making friends with me because of what they were seeing seemed impossible.

But I wasn't satisfied - because I did not LOOK the way I was working, the image just wasn't right, and when I would look in the mirror I would image myself with just a few more pounds on, and I would not see myself with that extra few pounds on and how I will fit in my shirts and how I would look to the girls, being accepted by the girls for how I look as being a sexy guy, no one cares what I can do outside of the gym, they want to see something.

so my reality opened up with opportunities - such as steroids - people in the gym noticed how I wasn't gaining size, no matter how hard I was exercising and how much I could lift, and they would come to me and ask me do I want steroids, do I want to gain a few more pounds and look the way I work.

I ended up saying no - because I have now been familiar with Desteni and the point of self honesty, and I made a decision within myself to work with what is here and myself - accepting myself, if I had to go with steroids I don't know what would have been by now, but this point was very interesting for me because right after this point occurred a new point showed up.

I had to look at myself and see for myself what is HERE - I was looking at gaining the mass at getting those few pounds just to LOOK RIGHT (for who??). and how I have made it a point of I don't "feel right" to justify why I was doing the things I was doing to secretly come to look right for the ego purposes and then eventually for the ladies and then to gain quicker and easy access to sex basically.

so when I said no to steroids as the option that would have gained me the few pound I also stopped going to the gym and doing karate and riding bicycle, I realized in that moment that guy asked me and showed me steroid what I was doing and what the ego was pushing me towards within all my actions based on the starting point of living for self interest, a path of self destruction.

I now had to start facing what was going on within me - ever since I started this process of inverting the point to self responsibility and working on myself and self forgiveness and self honesty, I gained 10kg plus 6 centimeters of length within six months, because in this process I also changed my eating patterns and habits.

this will be it for tonight.

Terrone28

Post by Terrone28 »

Yes, in terms of health, self-esteem, and many other things that give you the better of yourself. And I think it also contributes to your self-satisfaction. :mrgreen:

Alex27

Post by Alex27 »

Terrone28 wrote:Yes, in terms of health, self-esteem, and many other things that give you the better of yourself. And I think it also contributes to your self-satisfaction. :mrgreen:
You're right. Self esteem I think would be my main purpose.

Return to “Body Support”