Breathing Better

Share questions, perspectives and relevant material about Body Support here
Arizona

Breathing Better

Postby Arizona » 11 Feb 2017, 15:55

I was wondering if an exercise exists to help me breathe more easily and "fully". I'm not referring to remembering to breathe more often but that is something I wish to do as a result to this post. I think at my best I'd have no difficulty in breathing so this is not an overall "huge concern" for me. I do have what is called a "concave chest" (Pectus excavatum) and i'm not sure if that's playing a part in my difficulty, probably more a lack of basic exercise. It seems I already know the problem and answers to this but right now its bugging me enough to seek a little support on the subject. Thanks!

CerisePoolman

Re: Breathing Better

Postby CerisePoolman » 12 Feb 2017, 21:30

Hey Arizona,

If you do a quick Google search on "desteni 4 count breath" you'll see some supportive material there to start with for now.

Enjoy.

Arizona

Postby Arizona » 13 Feb 2017, 07:47

The best and only real explanation of the 4 count breath I found after doing a google search is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuGhVZeIu2M , (The 21 Day Breathing Challenge). I actually remember this challenge :D Anyways, the explanation of how to do 4 count breath can be found at exactly 1:30 to 2:10 (1 minute and 30 seconds into the video). Something also worth noting to anyone who happens to read this post, the challenge in this video is extremely difficult, and I don't suggest trying it on a whim. I'm linking this video purely for the brief instruction of the 4 count breath that can be found within it.

I seen Marlen in the comments of this video with a good point: "not to make it a method but rather a point of remaining here as breath."

Side Note: I'm pretty good at google searches.. this is all I could find and i'm sharing it because it was "difficult" to search for.

Leila

Postby Leila » 13 Feb 2017, 19:12

Hey Arizona,

I'd suggest you check out abdominal breathing - this is generally how babies/children breathe. I still have to remind myself often to breathe this way, I've for a long time only used my chest, shallow breathing. I've found that I breathed through my chest and not all the way through my belly for most of my life because of fear and anxiety energies having a constricting effect. Something you can play with / check out.

Paul Lombardo

Postby Paul Lombardo » 21 Jul 2018, 18:24

Hello Arizona....welcome. breathing . Yes. The connection between life and death . Haha. I have always wondered...am I breathing right? Too much? Too little? Then after much research I found the buteyko method and normal breathing.com. this is what I am enjoying at the moment. I won't tell to much about it in case you don't like this way of breathing...but it actually says the slower and less you breathe , the more oxygen you get to the body...sounds weird right? This is what Dr. Konstantin Buteyko found in the Soviet Union. But there is much to know about this breathing science so I will let you check it out yourself . Just let me know what you think . If this sounds like something you enjoy or not. I know many people don't like it when I tell them to breathe less lol. Just showing you what science has found . Please enjoy Arizona

Marlen

Postby Marlen » 26 Jul 2018, 16:47

I found this interview a supportive reminder and explanation of what was once shared 10 years ago in one of the initial videos. This is, from my perspective, a better explanation about breathing and the purpose and support that it is, so I highly recommend it

Infinite Moment of Breath - Back to Basics

Paul Lombardo

Postby Paul Lombardo » 30 Jul 2018, 19:31

Hi Marlen. Is the infinite moment after the inhale or the exhale? I am curious? I thought when I read about the infinite moment in the creation journey to life it was simply talking about taking a breath and holding it in or did it mean after you breathe the moment after you exhale to relax ...and that's an infinite moment. I can't buy the interview because my bank creates a process of exchanging money with other countries and makes it a hassle. Or else I would listen. But I've heard about the infinite moment before it just didn't make sense to me to take a breath and hold it in for as long as I can ...infinite moment so I was curious if the infinite moment was like the moment in between breaths. I don't care what the answer is I'd really just like to know the truth. Thanks if you think I sound dumb well that's ok it just doesn't sound practical to hold your breath all the time. I've tried it before and found myself breathing and feeling like there was something unnatural about it. I've also tried to do the four count breath all the time and that was just hell to try to do all the time...I understand trying for a little but for 21 days just made me feel very unpleasant. I'm just curious as to where exactly this infinite moment is ...after the inhale or after the exhale...ok please and thank you

Paul Lombardo

Postby Paul Lombardo » 30 Jul 2018, 19:39

I'm actually trying to buy it now* ok great in depthness to that interview. Really clarified and showed the reasoning behind it. It reminds me of when I naturally was using the two different moments of infinite to see clearly the reality and make a decision to speak or say something . I see that I was utilizing the moment after the exhale but I can also utilize the moment after the inhale. Worth to buy to get a full listen!

Marlen

Postby Marlen » 02 Aug 2018, 18:37

Cool well, I now see you've listened to it, so in your other threads you can rather test things out and share more of what you find based on what you've heard in this interview.

Daniel

Postby Daniel » 29 Aug 2018, 02:16

I was speaking with my aunt about the importance of breath of as I have learned from Desteni tools, and a few weeks later, she sent me this book:

The Science of Breath, by Yogi Ramacharaka (1904)

I'm only halfway through it now, but this book has already added lots to my breath practice. I recommend it to all.

I particularly liked the chapter on the Yogi Complete Breath, here. (Cool! I didn't know there was a copy of this online until just now!)

Also found an audiobook version on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M1eDJ6 ... 8eQQUm86SI

Happy breathing!

Return to “Body Support”