Coffee and tea

Share questions, perspectives and relevant material about Body Support here
Raúl

Coffee and tea

Postby Raúl » 18 May 2018, 02:39

Hi! I would like to know how consecuential is taking coffe and tea from time to time. I have noticed that coffee has stronger effect than tea, and it could lead me to create a dependance in the mornings if I overtake it, but sometimes I get very energetic while playing with the band, anyway a cold shower has the same effect. With tea I love how it tastes and I sometimes take it with food. My question is, are both of these healthy? Should I consider any of these a drug since I feel some effect? I obviously don't want to overuse them but, does taking them occasionally support the systems within the mind?

AnthonyF

Re: Coffee and tea

Postby AnthonyF » 20 May 2018, 10:41

Hey Raul,

I have no experience really, with drinking coffee. But tea, I do occasionally drink. Maybe a few times per week maximum. I haven't noticed any effects or alterations from drinking the occasional tea, but if coffee or tea is giving you a 'buzz' of sorts, then I'd definitely suggest to decrease the amount that is used. Anything we use/do can be abused and overused to the point of consequence on ourselves. All depends on our bodies and our relationships with what we do/consume etc.

Like, fruit is considered healthy, and it is. But with myself, at least about a year ago, I ate quite a few mandarins. At that time I was under the impression that no negative consequence could come from consuming such a healthy option, but most likely the sugar intake and my body/self at that time anyway, not being able to handle it, I got a bit dizzy and had to rest for some time/be stationary before feeling better again.

Raúl

Postby Raúl » 28 May 2018, 16:03

Interesting, thanks! Cool perspective, even healthy stuff can become unhealthy.
Still someone giving a deep view about how coffe affects the body would be cool

Marlen

Postby Marlen » 31 May 2018, 16:39

Yep just like with anything, if you find yourself becoming addicted to it or having major alterations in your body from the intake of anything, then there's some assessment required about it. Also considering the starting point, like drinking coffee to get a particular 'high' or 'keep you awake' and stuff like that, where there are other options that can be looked at, like eating properly and exercising to have better energy levels, this was discussed in the =https://eqafe.com/p/energy-drink-addic ... gy Drinks videos - which are also available in spanish Raul here: https://eqafe.com/p/adiccion-a-bebidas- ... ?locale=es

On another note, also cool to not go through life fearing taking things because of them supporting mind systems. My current perspective is that we decide what we ingest and the reason behind it, so that's how we know whether we are feeding our body for proper support and nourishment or we are feeding the mind such as wanting to get a high or get hyperactive etc. So it's all about the starting point of it.

My current experience is I've drank coffee for 2/3 of my life on a regular basis, currently I drink 2 cups a day and that's it. Before I probably would drink a lot more than that and noticed that I made it a habit more than an enjoyment. Currently is a point of enjoyment and also a necessity based on the fact that I do get headaches if I don't drink at least one cup of coffee a day, so yep, it is currently a decision I make to live like that - not good or bad - but about assessing any long term effects on my body and deciding accordingly whether to continue drinking or not - that's in terms of health and considering that, each case as in each person is different, so I suggest you can do an overall check about your relationship with these drinks, so as to not create an absolute rule towards them, but learn who you are as a drinker of both.

KasperKwan

Postby KasperKwan » 02 Jun 2018, 13:58

My experience is daily coffee makes me feel rough inside, in Chinese medicine it's called rough heat in literal translation. All you need to know is coffee does indeed have a more noticeable effect on the body than tea. I've been drinking tea for most days with no hint of dependence on it. It's not like I purposely think I need to stop thinking about tea as something I have to have, I've tried drinking tea for most days and it's been pleasant.

Return to “Body Support”