Clarifying Point in Dream

Share and ask your moments and experiences in random, unpredictable, sudden moments that happened to you - you'd like to understand. Whether it be during a discussion with someone and not understanding why certain thoughts / behaviours came up in you or another. Not understanding another's facial expression or even your own when looking in the mirror etc. So, this thread is dedicated to the everyday life moments we WONDER about but never ask.
christine

Clarifying Point in Dream

Post by christine »

I had a dream recently where my arms were fused to my sides and I had no hands -- I've read Veno's SR but still can't see this point.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Maya

Re: Clarifying Point in Dream

Post by Maya »

I would look at what the body posture implies or reveal within that context. so when the harms are fused, and maybe the shoulders are a bit up and tense, i see myself as powerless, hopeless, helpless, overwealmingless as how i see myself in comparison the an ideal that i've created in my mind. and with the hands missing, as if it has been taken off i can not hold onto that idea as i'm apparently powerless.
Does that make sense? can you relate?

CerisePoolman

Post by CerisePoolman »

Yes, powerlessness, or an inability to do something ("my hands are tied") is what it indicates, at first glance

Adam Closs

Post by Adam Closs »

Hi Christine

Maybe have a look at as well as the visual symbolism, to what was the reaction that came up with this realisation.

Kristina

Post by Kristina »

Cool - and also maybe if you can recall the experience or any reactions you had within you while in the dream and in that form - did you have any thoughts or an over-all experience to having yourself without arms and hands, identify that might assist in seeing the point more clearly

Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Cool support here.

I would also suggest investigating one's daily writings during the week of having the dream to see if there is any connection where one may have missed a dimension within writing out a point.

christine

Post by christine »

Thanks to All for feedback -

What else I remember is that I was in a house with other people, I was lying on the floor, I was smiling, I was trying to get someone's attention by waving (sort of like a small flag) at them, which I had clasped in my teeth.

There was no angst, or tension, it was as though that's the way that I was formed, matter of factly.

Yes, I will check my writings around the time of the dream.

thanks again

Anna

Post by Anna »

christine wrote:Thanks to All for feedback -

What else I remember is that I was in a house with other people, I was lying on the floor, I was smiling, I was trying to get someone's attention by waving (sort of like a small flag) at them, which I had clasped in my teeth.

There was no angst, or tension, it was as though that's the way that I was formed, matter of factly.

Yes, I will check my writings around the time of the dream.

thanks again
How I've analyzed dreams is to see the components of the dream as symbols for what is going on in my mind/life/process sort of inverted. So in my day to day living I will interpret physical reality according to my mind. But in the dream 'physical reality' will be shaped directly by my mind. Therefore nothing I see (unless it's lucid dreaming perhaps) is in fact 'what it is'. Everything is directly symbolic. So basically in the dream it will be 'physical' manifestations that will be representing various aspects of me. And as Kristina mentioned, it then all depends on my 'stance' towards whatever is coming up in the dream.

I'll share a perspective here:

The condition you are situated in, in the dream is an inability to move and 'handle' life
This condition you accept as normal and factual - as "this is simply how it is"
Through this condition you have to come up with other ways of communicating/handling things
You're doing that effectively (hence the smiling and the experience of it being normal - you're simply coping)
Because of this (accepted and perceived as normal) limitation in your ability to move and handle things/situations/relationships you are trying to get 'someone's' attention - whereas, had you had hands (ability to move/handle) this would not have been required. (So here you can look at a possible point of comparison)
This 'someone' is yourself - and it can also be yourself in how you relate to particular people in your environment which again can be brought back to self. What I mean is that either it is directly about yourself, trying to get your own attention through a perceived limitation of being unable to move/handle yourself effectively or it is about your relationship towards someone else and therefore a projection onto another
Finally you're in a house with other people. I'd see that as yourself in your relationship with yourself
In 'classic' dream interpretation the Freudian style, the house is oneself and the top floor is the super-ego, the middle is the self and the bottom floor/basement is the unconscious. However I'd also look at any relations to 'grounding' and also 'basic points' for example in relation to one's ability to move/handle one's life as one perceive it effectively. The house since there's other people could also be your perception of a 'collective' for example Desteni or your family or your work.

To sum up: it's all got to do with how you perceive yourself and yourself in relation to the world/process/relationships with others. So the components of the dream and how you are experiencing them are a symbolic reflection of how you perceive yourself and your world. The limitation in the inability to move/handle things can thus be many different things depending on how you are perceiving it, it could be a limitation you simply accepts as normal where you're now showing this to yourself. It could also be an understanding of how we are limited to some extent and therefore find alternative ways of communicating. It could also be that you're experiencing yourself limited in your ability to handle/move within a particular relationship. But it is your perception of the situation you are seeing through the dream, not how it is in fact - because what you're seeing in the dream is your own interpretation of reality.

That's my two cents.

Rebecca Dalmas

Post by Rebecca Dalmas »

"There was no angst, or tension, it was as though that's the way that I was formed, matter of factly."
Do you think these words might reveal the limitation as a belief?
Could they be, "It was a THOUGHT that is the way I was formed, matter of ( as ) a fact" ?
Sometimes I forget to look at the face value of what I have accepted and allowed as a belief of what I am and this helps to open the point.

Return to “Questions and Perspectives about Everyday Life Moments”