Approval Point

Share and ask your moments and experiences in random, unpredictable, sudden moments that happened to you - you'd like to understand. Whether it be during a discussion with someone and not understanding why certain thoughts / behaviours came up in you or another. Not understanding another's facial expression or even your own when looking in the mirror etc. So, this thread is dedicated to the everyday life moments we WONDER about but never ask.
Carrie

Approval Point

Post by Carrie »

Hey All - I'm looking at an approval point where I require another's approval/acceptance because I am not trusting myself. This is a point that have been dissecting for some time - I have done SF out loud in the moment as points come up - I have looked at fear, inferiority, God, memories, and reminders in relation to this specific person. Over the past few days I have noticed that this point intensifying because when I place in the variables of 'fall' and 'stand' when looking at different scenarios, I can see instances where I would fall if I were to not get approval. Not cool and I'm missing something. I'm also seeing that my spoken SF on the point is repeating - is this because I am not writing this out?

Has anyone here walked this point? If so, how did you direct it?

maya rote

Re: Approval Point

Post by maya rote »

cool you are taking this point on - the point of looking for approval and validation and positive reinforcements is a big point i have seen for myself as well, though i can't yet say i have directed it, though i'm becoming more aware of when i am participating in it and allowing myself to be directed by it - i've seen how it is related to not accepting / valuing /trusting myself, these points are the engine of many characters within myself.

i would say yes, definitely write it out, through the writing you can go deeper into the specific details more easily, as the point will stay still, so to speak, as appose to when we speak it and it kind of flies away in the wind. that's why writing is such a supportive tool, it makes it easier to physically see the point, because you can physically look at what you have written and investigate it further and further.

also, i have found that the corrective statements, if done specifically, are very supportive - so, try to be as specific and practical as you can - like, take a small event and write it out, forgive the points that you see have come up, and direct your self commitment to be as specific, practical and supportive so when the point / event comes up, you have a plan as to what to do and can direct yourself through it.

also always remember this is a process, and will take time and consistent application, you will have many points that you work on for a long time until you see the point more clearly, as a new layer reveals itself.

Marlen

Post by Marlen »

I agree with Maya, writing it all out before applying self forgiveness is the way to open up points for sure. Seeing all memories and most prominent experiences that come up as you go writing out is a 'gift' that by having the mind we are able to give to ourselves because then we know exactly what is that which is preventing us from walking this point. So I would give it proper time to work with "fear, inferiority, God, memories, and reminders in relation to this specific person" - so you got all the points to begin with, it's just a matter of going through each by yourself. Sharing it here can be supportive to see where we are missing certain aspects or still not fully letting go of a point.

So, enjoy opening it all up for yourself.

Juan Pablo

Post by Juan Pablo »

I agree with both, writing assists to see the detail of what point/pattern we are working with, so it becomes clear as we write it all out.

Anna

Post by Anna »

Another point that might also assist is to look at how such a pattern exists in the general mind-consciousness-system of humanity - meaning to draw a reference from one's personal experience to how such a pattern exist generally in the world. I've found this assisting for me to understand how it is not personal but in fact a programmed pattern with a specific starting-point/outcome that we obviously make personal through specific memories and personal experiences. So it might assist to do a 'zoom' where one zoom out from one's personal experience and have a look at the pattern in general and then bring it back in to self again.

Carrie

Post by Carrie »

Yeah, I'm seeing the importance of writing this point out because it's like a maze. Within my day I will have a realization and then later after some distraction, I 'lose my place' so I have to start over by looking at consequence again and putting everything back in order.
Anna wrote:Another point that might also assist is to look at how such a pattern exists in the general mind-consciousness-system of humanity - meaning to draw a reference from one's personal experience to how such a pattern exist generally in the world. I've found this assisting for me to understand how it is not personal but in fact a programmed pattern with a specific starting-point/outcome that we obviously make personal through specific memories and personal experiences. So it might assist to do a 'zoom' where one zoom out from one's personal experience and have a look at the pattern in general and then bring it back in to self again.
Yes! This is really cool to see in words. Thank you for this level of assistance Anna.
maya rote wrote:also always remember this is a process, and will take time and consistent application, you will have many points that you work on for a long time until you see the point more clearly, as a new layer reveals itself.
Really cool support here, MayaR - I noticed that simply writing problem here and within other writings opened up the point almost immediately to where I could get a clearer view of what's going on - as if to make it a focus rather than reacting to it and getting annoyed by it.

Thanks Marlen, MayaR, Juan and Anna. Very cool.

Anna

Post by Anna »

Cool Carrie!

Juan Pablo

Post by Juan Pablo »

Cool Carrie

Bella

Post by Bella »

Cool thread here guys, thanks for sharing the questions and the support!

Return to “Questions and Perspectives about Everyday Life Moments”