How to Process New Information?

Share and ask your moments and experiences in random, unpredictable, sudden moments that happened to you - you'd like to understand. Whether it be during a discussion with someone and not understanding why certain thoughts / behaviours came up in you or another. Not understanding another's facial expression or even your own when looking in the mirror etc. So, this thread is dedicated to the everyday life moments we WONDER about but never ask.
Michelle

How to Process New Information?

Post by Michelle »

Hi all,

I've been having some difficulty with processing/grasping new information. For example, in my SRA lesson I am reading about how to identify characters in Mind Constructs and I have been reading it slowly to make sure I grasp it, but it feels like I'm "full" inside (best I can describe it) and unable to completely absorb it all. I also feel really tired and have to take a nap sometimes after reading some pages of the material.

Does anyone have any perspectives and/or assistance with this point?

Thanks.

Anna

Re: How to Process New Information?

Post by Anna »

Michelle wrote:Hi all,

I've been having some difficulty with processing/grasping new information. For example, in my SRA lesson I am reading about how to identify characters in Mind Constructs and I have been reading it slowly to make sure I grasp it, but it feels like I'm "full" inside (best I can describe it) and unable to completely absorb it all. I also feel really tired and have to take a nap sometimes after reading some pages of the material.

Thanks.
Hi Michelle.

What I've found specifically with regards to DIP/SRA lessons, is that what comes up is: resistance. So - within this, the point to understand is that our minds are preprogrammed to follow and integrate specific information, all placed to make sure that the mind is sustained through generating energy from the physical. Now with DIP/SRA/writing and self-forgiveness we are reversing that - we're literally stopping the mind and restoring ourselves within and as the physical. In the mind, that is experienced as a threat to it's survival for which it executes specific programs to intervene with the process - literal self-defense mechanisms. These include feeling overwhelmed, distracting oneself, diverting one's own attention and feeling tired as examples. So for me, this was assisting to realize - that for instance, it isn't so much about me not being able to obtain the information - but that I've never done it before. We're actually here working with something that isn't preprogrammed and considering that all of our life, we've only lived according to preprogramming, it is not so odd that the mind goes 'haywire' in a way. So it's similar to the first time you get on a computer. At first it seems completely impossible that you will ever understand how a computer works, the information seems massive and chaotic. But as you slowly but surely starts to work with the computer, you get to know how it works and eventually you can simply work on it naturally and it no longer seems 'big' or 'overwhelming'.

So what I'd suggest is to take it slowly, yet at the same time push through the experiences that comes up. You can even say to yourself: "Okay, this is resistance. I realize that I'm not really tired, because I've slept all that I needed. So I'm gonna sit up/stand up and push through." Within this you can support yourself through for example changing your physical posture as your sitting, focus on your breathing and place your feet firmly on the ground, shoulders back. You can stand up and walk around and do something, check if the tiredness is in fact physical or whether it is a mind-resistance point. So it's cool to take it one step at a time with reading the material, however you'll also find that as you continue and as you push through the resistance, you'll be able to handle more information. But it's not something that comes by itself - we have to literally 'make room' within ourselves.

If you require further assistance with the point let us know and also suggest to discuss the point with your DIP buddy in your chats.

Thanks for sharing.

Michelle

Post by Michelle »

I had to laugh at myself when you wrote that it's resistance, as a "oh, it's resistance again!" LOL - I did not see that, so thanks for bringing that up. I had thought maybe it's too much knowledge/information I accumulated throughout the years and so am not able to process new information, but your explanation makes sense that the material in SRA is information not based on preprogramming, so therefore the mind will use certain mechanisms like tiredness to throw at me.
So what I'd suggest is to take it slowly, yet at the same time push through the experiences that comes up. You can even say to yourself: "Okay, this is resistance. I realize that I'm not really tired, because I've slept all that I needed. So I'm gonna sit up/stand up and push through." Within this you can support yourself through for example changing your physical posture as your sitting, focus on your breathing and place your feet firmly on the ground, shoulders back. You can stand up and walk around and do something, check if the tiredness is in fact physical or whether it is a mind-resistance point. So it's cool to take it one step at a time with reading the material, however you'll also find that as you continue and as you push through the resistance, you'll be able to handle more information. But it's not something that comes by itself - we have to literally 'make room' within ourselves.
That's really cool practical support! Thank you very much Anna!

Carrie

Post by Carrie »

Cool Michelle! And thanks Anna -- Two feet on the ground and breath!

What I have also found with myself is that I will sometimes not 'get' the material right away and that as I work on the assignment, walk what I'm being shown, and incorporate the material into my writing and processing of myself that in a moment later on I will make the connection and see clearly what's been previously presented. It's like, "AH! Now I see! Got it."

Garbrielle

Post by Garbrielle »

Very cool practical support guys, thanks for sharing....also an interview that was recently done on specifically the point of reading and integrating information when the mind goes off into imagination has cool practical support in relation to this point that help me with some practical tools and also a more in depth understanding of why the mind does this and what mechanisms it uses to create more energy for itself in these instances where we believe we just can't go on or feeling restless or overwhelmed or uncomfortable. So suggest to check it out when you are able to as its a cool one for this sort of point specifically. Enjoy.

Here is the interview:

Drifting into Lala Land - The Metaphysical Secrets of Imagination - Part 24

Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Cool Michelle! And thanks Anna -- Two feet on the ground and breath!

What I have also found with myself is that I will sometimes not 'get' the material right away and that as I work on the assignment, walk what I'm being shown, and incorporate the material into my writing and processing of myself that in a moment later on I will make the connection and see clearly what's been previously presented. It's like, "AH! Now I see! Got it."

Cool Carrie -- thanks! Just like you mentioned --I am quite sure once I begin implementing/applying the information into the MC I should be able to get it/finally understand it. Plus I also realize I can utilize my DIP buddy for support.
Very cool practical support guys, thanks for sharing....also an interview that was recently done on specifically the point of reading and integrating information when the mind goes off into imagination has cool practical support in relation to this point that help me with some practical tools and also a more in depth understanding of why the mind does this and what mechanisms it uses to create more energy for itself in these instances where we believe we just can't go on or feeling restless or overwhelmed or uncomfortable. So suggest to check it out when you are able to as its a cool one for this sort of point specifically. Enjoy.

Here is the interview:

Drifting into Lala Land - The Metaphysical Secrets of Imagination - Part 24
Cool Garb - thanks! I will add the interview in my cart on EQAFE to purchase later this month.

Rebecca Dalmas

Post by Rebecca Dalmas »

Hi Michelle,
Yes, I have to slow down and read somethings again and again slowly, using breath.
I notice I don't want to slow down and take in the information.
What is interesting is that in music I learned to take the notes apart, to apply different speed rhythms, and to take the phrases apart, to find the structures, even to play it at different speeds until it " clicked."
So, resistance is rejection of here, of being able to move with what is here, because the mind is racing in its own perspective.
Cool post. Thanks

Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Hi Michelle,
Yes, I have to slow down and read somethings again and again slowly, using breath.
I notice I don't want to slow down and take in the information.
What is interesting is that in music I learned to take the notes apart, to apply different speed rhythms, and to take the phrases apart, to find the structures, even to play it at different speeds until it " clicked."
So, resistance is rejection of here, of being able to move with what is here, because the mind is racing in its own perspective.
Cool post. Thanks
Really cool perspective Rebecca. Thanks for sharing!

I can relate to my mind racing while reading new information, so with the support given, I will continue to read the material in a more slow manner, taking it in, staying here, breathing.

Ann

Post by Ann »

Michelle wrote:Hi all,

Thanks.

Hey Michelle,

I sometimes have this in school for example, and usually what is the problem is either I don't know the meaning of the words well enough, or I am thinking too much while reading which kind of "blocks' the reading.
And then sometimes I have to re-read something a couple of times, or research the meaning of the words first, before I really get it. And I also try not to just memorize it, but find examples so that I can understand it better because else it is to abstract. And I notice when something is way too abstract and I can't make sense of it, I wont actually understand it and it can slip away easily.
Ofcourse ,the SRA is different than what is taught in school. Good thing is the SRA has lots of practicle exercises.

Return to “Questions and Perspectives about Everyday Life Moments”