gay

Share and ask your moments and experiences in random, unpredictable, sudden moments that happened to you - you'd like to understand. Whether it be during a discussion with someone and not understanding why certain thoughts / behaviours came up in you or another. Not understanding another's facial expression or even your own when looking in the mirror etc. So, this thread is dedicated to the everyday life moments we WONDER about but never ask.
coco

gay

Post by coco »

Hello. After a couple of people mentioning gay rights protestors, who protest to legalize marraige, I am wondering why this is seen as a bad thing. I am very confused about this. Please explain why you don't want people protesting to legalize it. Is it because desteni are against it, or just against protesting about it. Are desteni not pro-gay. Is it to do with the sexuality itself, or just the whole marraige thing in general, which applies to all, including straight people......

Ann

Re: gay

Post by Ann »

I dont see anything wrong with gay marriage. If straight folks can marry .
Some destonians got married, as far as I know it were only straight people. So they would never go with a person of the same sex (since they are straight), and its the same for gay people, they cant imagine going with someone of the other sex because they have always been gay.
Where did you read that destonians are against this?

What I question is the fact that relationships are always in a way based on attraction. Because if it wasn't then people would simply go with other people regardless if they are male or female. And then for practical purposes pick out someone from the other sex to reproduce :p .

coco

Post by coco »

Not that they are against it, but using it as an example, as a bad example, as if it is a waste of time, and as if gay people should not want to marry, like straight people. Which leaves me confused about why.x.

Anna

Post by Anna »

coco wrote:Hello. After a couple of people mentioning gay rights protestors, who protest to legalize marraige, I am wondering why this is seen as a bad thing. I am very confused about this. Please explain why you don't want people protesting to legalize it. Is it because desteni are against it, or just against protesting about it. Are desteni not pro-gay. Is it to do with the sexuality itself, or just the whole marraige thing in general, which applies to all, including straight people......
What I have shared for example previously, is that gay rights movements - especially in context of calling the right to get married a 'fight for equality' is absurd. So within this what I've seen is that the gay movements, exactly as other activist movements are focusing on a tiny aspect of the abuse going on in this world and focus on that to the point where they're blinded to the real issues going on in the world. There's nothing wrong with getting married, though it should simply be a practical point of commitment and not some brainwashed ideal of 'forever after'. Marriage is in essence an institution in the current world system and so what people are wanting to be 'equal' to as homo-sexuals is in essence that system of enslavement and brainwashing. So Desteni as a group aren't 'against' marriage or homosexuality. We're simply pointing out the deception that exists in this world and are accordingly making decisions to step out of the brainwashing.
Ann wrote:I dont see anything wrong with gay marriage. If straight folks can marry .
Some destonians got married, as far as I know it were only straight people. So they would never go with a person of the same sex (since they are straight), and its the same for gay people, they cant imagine going with someone of the other sex because they have always been gay.
This is not entirely accurate Ann, because you don't actually know if someone would be together with someone of the same sex simply because they've married or gotten together with someone of the opposite sex. These things are highly volatile and therefore I wouldn't say 'never' - especially considering how labels as 'straight' and 'gay' whether preferential or genetic are still programmed limitations that can be transcended. So suggest to be careful with making statements with the words 'never' and 'always' -- especially when it comes to commenting on decisions made by others that one doesn't in fact know the details of.
What I question is the fact that relationships are always in a way based on attraction. Because if it wasn't then people would simply go with other people regardless if they are male or female. And then for practical purposes pick out someone from the other sex to reproduce :p .
Realize within this that Agreements in a Destonain context aren't based on attraction - and even if they are, this is something to be transcended within the Agreement itself. There are many advantages to be in male/female relationships, including the ability to have children without any form of outside intervention -- however it is also important to remember that we're in a process of transcending the context and nature of relationships and that can only be walked as a process of changing what is here already into effective living-agreements based on the principle of what is best for all.

coco

Post by coco »

I'm beginning to understand. So we want to transcend all "relationships". I'm beginning to understand more and more, not just about this subject, but about the whole thing. Especially when I went to the ocd support group earlier on. What I was hearing was, how can I put this......the mind-consciousness-system in action / the mind refusing to be "true". I'm going off the subject of gay, but what I mean is I seem to be beginning to open-up more and see / realize things / the whole thing. I breathed when I dared to, because I have this thing of holding my breathe in public / in meetings / when faced with people who seem to be in the mind. And so I breathed when I dared to, and recalled Kim's ocd blogs, about the way it really is, and about the sollution being us. When I mentioned I am the one who is responsible for de-activationg / de-programming it, I recieved a strange response, as if I am crazy or something. I can only say what is true now. And then I think, "maybe they're right", you know, about treatment. But they kept saying they "have" ocd. And I'm like nobody "has" anything. We are creating it. It's not some seperate entity. If we can create it, we can walk out of it. They didn't quite understand yet, which goes to show the point of it takes time to change it. I guess I just want to take some kind of power back. Now. But like with any addiction (and ocd is like any addiction), you cannot just abandon it. Like with the zoos thing. You have to walk out of it. I'm beginning to understand this shit. Maybe.x.

coco

Post by coco »

this was nothing to do with "gay", I got carried away.x.

coco

Post by coco »

so desteni doesn't condone anti-gay......

Anna

Post by Anna »

coco wrote:so desteni doesn't condone anti-gay......
No that is correct.

Anna

Post by Anna »

coco wrote:I'm beginning to understand. So we want to transcend all "relationships". I'm beginning to understand more and more, not just about this subject, but about the whole thing. Especially when I went to the ocd support group earlier on. What I was hearing was, how can I put this......the mind-consciousness-system in action / the mind refusing to be "true". I'm going off the subject of gay, but what I mean is I seem to be beginning to open-up more and see / realize things / the whole thing. I breathed when I dared to, because I have this thing of holding my breathe in public / in meetings / when faced with people who seem to be in the mind. And so I breathed when I dared to, and recalled Kim's ocd blogs, about the way it really is, and about the sollution being us. When I mentioned I am the one who is responsible for de-activationg / de-programming it, I recieved a strange response, as if I am crazy or something. I can only say what is true now. And then I think, "maybe they're right", you know, about treatment. But they kept saying they "have" ocd. And I'm like nobody "has" anything. We are creating it. It's not some seperate entity. If we can create it, we can walk out of it. They didn't quite understand yet, which goes to show the point of it takes time to change it. I guess I just want to take some kind of power back. Now. But like with any addiction (and ocd is like any addiction), you cannot just abandon it. Like with the zoos thing. You have to walk out of it. I'm beginning to understand this shit. Maybe.x.
Yes it is definitely suggested to not try to convince people of the perspectives we share here at Desteni - lol - many have tried and it simply doesn't work, because the mind's defense systems are so extensive. Therefore it is suggested to simply focus on walking one's own process and then one can stand as an example and others might come and say: "Hey how did you change?" and then there's an opening for communication. So it's not that 'people out there' are more in the mind and that we should either avoid them or try to convince them. I'd suggest to rather focus on my own process. Here you can simply participate in for example the OCD group and take from it what you find supportive and leave the rest.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Marriage is a sexual union of a man and a woman.
Sexual union is impossible between same sex partners.
The fact that this topic is so popular is yet another indication
Of how illiterate and degraded humanity has become.

Return to “Questions and Perspectives about Everyday Life Moments”