Writing Article About Desteni for VICE Magazine

Share and ask your moments and experiences in random, unpredictable, sudden moments that happened to you - you'd like to understand. Whether it be during a discussion with someone and not understanding why certain thoughts / behaviours came up in you or another. Not understanding another's facial expression or even your own when looking in the mirror etc. So, this thread is dedicated to the everyday life moments we WONDER about but never ask.
Roscoe

Writing Article About Desteni for VICE Magazine

Postby Roscoe » 15 Oct 2013, 22:10

Hello,

I am writing an article about Desteni for VICE Magazine in New York City. I have been following the movement for the past few years, and am now writing something that gives an overview of Desteni and its various ventures, like DIP, Equal Money System.

Most of the people that have been willing to speak to me have been anti-Desteni. I want to hear directly from Desteni members about their experiences. If I don't, my article will be one-sided, and that is not fair. Equality is important to me, and that means that I need to hear from you directly.

----The Rick A. Ross Institute calls Desteni a cult and accuses it of running a multi-level marketing scheme. How is DIP different from a multi-level marketing or pyramid scheme? Isn't multi-level marketing illegal in South Africa?

----Is Desteni a registered nonprofit charity? Is it a religious nonprofit?

----Who has stepped into the leadership role following the death of Bernard Poolman?

----Where can I find an obituary for Poolman, detailing his life and career?

----Who is responsible for the money coming in through DIP? Do you have a published budget anywhere that I can look over?

----Why can't I purchase the series of books Hitler wrote through the Portal? Luckily, I've found archives of ten parts, from "I Am Hitler" through "Returning to the Dimensions and Being Aware of Self Realisation." Does Desteni still support these texts?

----Do you have any photos of Bernard, Sunette, or the Farm that you would specifically like to share with VICE, or should I use my own?

I know that Sunette has not been using herself as a Portal recently, but if she is willing to come out of retirement, I would be elated to interview an interdimensional being through Sunette. Rupert Murdoch recently purchased 5% of VICE, valuing the company at $1.4 billion. We are a credible news and media company and will give Desteni their fair chance to speak on the record.

This article is coming out soon. I have no agenda for or against Desteni. I just want an honest and equal understanding of it!

Thank you,

[email protected]

Anna

Re: Writing Article About Desteni for VICE Magazine

Postby Anna » 15 Oct 2013, 22:36

Hi Roscoe.

I will answer the questions I'm able to here.
I am writing an article about Desteni for VICE Magazine in New York City. I have been following the movement for the past few years, and am now writing something that gives an overview of Desteni and its various ventures, like DIP, Equal Money System.
The Equal Money System was a previous proposal by the Equal Life Foundation. We're now proposing an Living Income System. You can read more about that here: http://basicincome.me

The following article was written about the Living Income System in the Basic Income News online magazine: http://binews.org/2013/09/opinion-livin ... oundation/
----Is Desteni a registered nonprofit charity? Is it a religious nonprofit?
No.
----Who has stepped into the leadership role following the death of Bernard Poolman?
There is not and has never been a leader of Desteni. This can be seen clearly in how the groups activities have carried on as per usual after Bernard's death.
I know that Sunette has not been using herself as a Portal recently, but if she is willing to come out of retirement, I would be elated to interview an interdimensional being through Sunette.
Sunette is not and has not 'retired'. She is still portalling. I'm not sure where you got this idea. So I suggest doing some more thorough investigation before publishing your article - because based on this assumption it is evident that you haven't followed the developments of the group or Sunette thoroughly enough in order to write an accurate article. In fact, Sunette is doing interviews on a daily basis - all of which are published on her Youtube channel: http://youtube.com/sunettespies and/or on Eqafe: http://eqafe.com

Roscoe

Postby Roscoe » 15 Oct 2013, 22:47

Anna,

I really appreciate your quick response!

Thanks for clearing things up for me regarding Sunette. It's good to hear that she is still Portalling. You're right—It is important for me to do the thorough research that is required for my article. That's why I'd love to speak directly with someone who can help give me a better understanding of Desteni, its history, and its practices.

I can't have that kind of direct communication over a message board, because it will be a conversation with me and the board instead of one-on-one.

I would like to speak either face-to-face, on the phone, or in an email with either you or someone else who is willing. I'd be happy to reimburse for the long-distance call to the US, if you are in South Africa. If you are in the US and within driving distance from me, I'd love to take you out to lunch on me.

Again, your speedy response is appreciated.

Roscoe

Postby Roscoe » 15 Oct 2013, 23:59

Hey Anna! I just wanted to follow up. I guess I was a little overzealous when I posted so many questions all at once. It looks like a few got skipped over as you were responding. No worries. Here they are again:

----The Rick A. Ross Institute calls Desteni a cult and accuses it of running a multi-level marketing scheme. How is DIP different from a multi-level marketing or pyramid scheme? Isn't multi-level marketing illegal in South Africa?

----Who is responsible for the money coming in through DIP? Do you have a published budget anywhere that I can look over?

----Why can't I purchase the series of books Hitler wrote through the Portal? Luckily, I've found archives of ten parts, from "I Am Hitler" through "Returning to the Dimensions and Being Aware of Self Realisation." Does Desteni still support these texts?

Do you have a phone number where I can call you? Email me with it, if you can, at [email protected].

I want you to help me make sure I understand everything correctly.

DesteniEarth

Postby DesteniEarth » 16 Oct 2013, 16:48

Our past experience with journalists is that there is a hidden agenda in finding the next ‘big scoop’ or the next ‘shocking story’ or the next ‘exposed story’, where the author carefully manipulates the information told to create a headline that will sell, or to create a story that will result in more sales. So although the previous authors of newspaper articles came across as a neutral writer and personally visited the farm for a few hours, in their minds they had already formulated the story in the best interest of their newspaper and that was obviously to sell more newspapers and in our society today unfortunately that means ‘shocking stories’.

The type of questions that you are asking indicates that you have already established a starting point from which you are moving and your starting point is based upon the Rick Ross side, where you are an ‘outsider’ trying to look in. So although you state that your intent is neutral – your starting point indicates that you have already decided from which angle you will be writing your article about.

If you are really interested in becoming a journalist with integrity and respect you have to understand what it really means to look at points objectively. That means that you ‘walk in the shoes’ of the people that you are writing about and submerse your life for a moment into that which you are writing about. This gives you an inside perspective of what it is that you are writing about, where you are not the outsider looking in and trying to understand something from a distance. To a certain degree you did attempt this by joining the DIP lite course – yet your timetable of your newspaper is pushing you to ‘have a result’ before you have the opportunity to take the time that is required to see for yourself.

So – Here you are faced with a conundrum – You will either stand as a journalist with integrity or you will fold to the demands of ‘producing’. Either way you are the creator of your reality and you are the one that lives with the decisions that you make for yourself meaning, your actions determine who you are and how you will be viewed through your own eyes.

Maya

Postby Maya » 16 Oct 2013, 17:28

The DIP courses are developed for individuals who would like to develop the tools that will assist and support them to understand their minds and themselves better. Those who are able to afford the DIP course pays for the course, if a participant is not able to afford such a fee, we offer sponsorship programs where individuals are sponsored to walk through the DIP Process (Terms and conditions apply – http://forum.desteni.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=54 ) Within the DIP Pro course, a buddy is assigned to you who walks the course with you on a one-on-one level. If these buddies contribute their time towards supporting a participant and they do not live on the Farm, then they receive proceeds from the individuals who have made payment to the DIP Pro course (unless the Buddies donate their time to users who are sponsored). Multi-Level Marketing entails a salesperson generating income from the sales they make, but also from the sales of the other salespeople that they recruit. DIP Pro does not have this “downline” income earning structure – participants are only earning income from those people whom they assist in training (buddying) or who they have directly recruited (a primary sales commission). The primary focus of DIP Pro is not recruiting other people to join, but of self improvement through the course material. Details of income potential from DIP Pro can be found here: http://desteniiprocess.com/income
There is no obituary written for Bernard, as his life’s work was not based on titles or careers – therefore, you are able to get to know him through the stories written about him by others.
http://forum.desteni.org/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5694.
You could also read, in Bernard's own words, his life's work within the Creation Journey to Life Blog.
This is a privately held company and all information available to the public can be found on the DIP website.
The purpose of the Hitler document was the process of investigating how a person became someone like Hitler, in order to understand it – to prevent it from happening again. We removed the documents due to its controversial nature and it being consistently taken out of context.

As you’ve noticed and stated – your questions are biased as they are structured from the starting-point of the Rick Ross website, which is against Desteni. This essentially makes your questions, directed towards Desteni, in an attacking form. To understand Desteni and to ask the relevant questions that capture the essence of what the Desteni Community stands for – realistically speaking, there is a process to be walked, much material to be read, much material to be applied in your daily living to understand first-hand what Desteni is all about.

The larger topics of Desteni can be summarised in the following list:
Understanding the Mind
Self Forgiveness
Self-Supportive Writing / Writing yourself to Freedom
Investigating the Money System and proposing Solutions

Thus as an objective journalist these are the topics upon which your questions can be focussed to get a full view of the Desteni material.

Roscoe

Postby Roscoe » 16 Oct 2013, 18:17

Maya,

This is extremely helpful. You are right—the only people who have responded to my requests for information about Desteni so far have been anti-Desteni, such as those at the Rick A. Ross Institute, as well as others who would rather I not release their names. For equality's sake, I desperately needed to communicate with well-spoken members of Desteni such as yourself. Thanks for responding.

To be fair, I did not become interested in Desteni through the Rick Ross forums, or other conspiracy theory blogs. I discovered Sunette's videos on YouTube, and after watching those, I began reading the literature posted on the Desteni site. I was disappointed to not find any objective, third party information regarding Desteni online. All of it either came directly from Desteni itself, or from people who make it their life to find and attack "cults". Both of these sides are skewed and not trustworthy, journalistically.

Thanks for summing up the main topics of Desteni for me. All four of these seem like noble pursuits. I am curious to learn more about how each of those are promoted within DIP and throughout Desteni as a whole. I am also interested in some facts about the history of Desteni, too, so I can give my readers a base of knowledge before getting into the Desteni beliefs. I have already listened to Bernard's interview with Darryl about Desteni's history, but he throws out a lot of information. I need some clarification on a few points.

Let me know if you're willing to help me with that!

(I am unsure of how to use this forum's quote function, so if this quote from Esteni looks odd, I apologize)
If you are really interested in becoming a journalist with integrity and respect you have to understand what it really means to look at points objectively. That means that you ‘walk in the shoes’ of the people that you are writing about and submerse your life for a moment into that which you are writing about. This gives you an inside perspective of what it is that you are writing about, where you are not the outsider looking in and trying to understand something from a distance.
Esteni,

I would love to submerse my life into Desteni and understand it from within. Are you willing to let me visit the Farm and see for myself? I will be free of any agenda or desire for a "shocking story." I will be as objective and open as I possibly can.

Alternately, would you allow me to begin taking the standard DIP courses, free of charge, for the sake of me getting a better understanding of Desteni? Again, I will begin the classes with an open mind and self-honesty, without any expectations.

Thanks for your help, everyone.

RBD

Postby RBD » 16 Oct 2013, 23:08

Hey guys,

Roscoe here. For some reason, my posts need to be approved by a moderator now. They aren't showing up in this thread. If you'd rather I not bog down your forum with my boring journalistic questions, I totally understand. This is a place for Desteni members to come and talk, not for writers to do interviews.

Let's move the discussion over to email, or phone, so we don't have to bother with the forum thread anymore.

I've really appreciated all your help with this. What's being hard for me in regards to this article is that so many anti-Desteni people are willing to speak with me over the phone or in person, but I can't find a representative from Desteni to connect with me and dispel all the rumors that I keep hearing.

Will anyone reach out to me via email or phone? It doesn't seem right that my article only has direct quotes from anti-Desteni people. Equality is important. I want balance on both sides! Let's make that happen!

Also, Esteni requested that I "walk in the shoes of the people am writing about and submerse [my] life for a moment into that which writing about." I would love nothing more than to do that.

Will you allow me to join you for a brief time at the Desteni Farm? I will bring no preconceived notions or personal agendas, just enter the space with an open mind and see what I see.

Also, would you allow me to begin taking the standard DIP courses, free of charge, for the sake of me getting a better understanding of Desteni? Again, I will begin the classes with an open mind and self-honesty, without any expectations.

If I can do those things, I will certainly have an understanding of Desteni from the inside, and my writing will be self-honest and also honest to the group.

EDIT: I forgot to leave my email! You can be in touch with me at [email protected]. Talk soon!

SunetteSpies

Postby SunetteSpies » 17 Oct 2013, 15:26

Roscoe, we will arrange a chat with you on the following Skype Account: DesteniPress

The direction of the chat will be what Desteni is in fact about, what the Desteni Community stands for – which are the following topics:

Understanding the Mind
Self Forgiveness
Writing oneself to Freedom
Investigating the Money System and proposing solutions

Any other questions regarding the Portal / Bernard / DIP money’s / the Farm had already been directed in the Forums and/or will provide links/information where you can investigate/research the material for yourself.

We will get back to you with suggested times/dates once we have assessed our schedules.

Thank you

SunetteSpies

Postby SunetteSpies » 20 Oct 2013, 11:51

Roscoe - we have sent an e-mail but haven't heard back from you, therefore posting the day/time to meet here. Are you available Tuesday at 20:00 SA Time?

Return to “Questions and Perspectives about Everyday Life Moments”