Emotional suppression

Share and ask your moments and experiences in random, unpredictable, sudden moments that happened to you - you'd like to understand. Whether it be during a discussion with someone and not understanding why certain thoughts / behaviours came up in you or another. Not understanding another's facial expression or even your own when looking in the mirror etc. So, this thread is dedicated to the everyday life moments we WONDER about but never ask.
DrewSantillo

Emotional suppression

Postby DrewSantillo » 01 Aug 2015, 12:29

Hi everybody,
I have been suppressing all my emotions since I was very young to the point where I have become completely cut off from them. I am so heavy and filled with negative suppressed emotions that it is extremely hard to function each day. I am like a lifeless zombie going thru the motions of being alive but I truly feel dead. Disconnected from everyone around me including my family and even my amazing daughter. I want to live and feel alive connect with people and be able to express myself but I just don't know how. Suppressing all my feelings has become so automatic that it's the only way I know how to live by just continuing to do it. My experience of 34 years on this planet has truly been an ongoing nightmare and I cannot wait to move on. I am very jealous of people who can easily and effortlessly feel and express thier emotions in a healthy and mature way and just wish I could be like them. I am willing to take responsibility and change this god awful way of existing so I am wondering if anyone has any advice or helpful videos I should check out to help me learn how to feel. I have tried dip lite intermittently but i give up cause I'm always tired and barely have energy to get thru each day.
Thanks, you guys are awesome and I appreciate all the support you have given me already

Bella

Re: Emotional suppression

Postby Bella » 01 Aug 2015, 22:26

cool insights Drew - I'd say self forgiveness in awareness is the only way to truly release yourself from suppression and start living - so 'try again' with the DIP lite course and don't give up on yourself this time - breathe through the 'heaviness' and push through -
after all, life & living is a gift that only you can give to yourself!

DrewSantillo

Postby DrewSantillo » 02 Aug 2015, 03:43

I am extremely disassociated from my own feelings emotions and body. I am always lost in my own head and I hate it. I am so frustrated n wish I knew how to get back in my body and in touch with my emotions. I have searched the desteni website for support with dissociation but there wasn't much info on it. Does anybody know of any videos or anything on eqafe that would help assist me with this

Andrew

Postby Andrew » 02 Aug 2015, 05:34

Hey Drew

You could also try the self and living website - There was a series on depression which may support. https://selfandliving.com/series/13-depression-support

Also there was an Eqafe series specifically done on suppression if that interests you. Could be worth checking out the intro - https://eqafe.com/p/suppression-introdu ... s-part-218

I would recommend daily writing as a point of self support. That is why DIP Lite can be supportive because it promotes this point of regular writing which is a way to check in with yourself and start to work with the points you are facing within yourself and your life.

I also agree with Bella about starting the process of applying Self Forgiveness, and to do it regularly either in writing our speaking it but to make it part of your life process of supporting yourself to get yourself living in a way that you are satisfied with. And to test it for a month or three in a way where you can really test for yourself if it makes a difference in your life.

I have been walking this process for a long time and I have found Its the wholistic nature of walking process for me that has made a difference in my life. What I mean is that for me it was not the self forgiveness alone, it was not the material alone, it was not the physical corrections alone or the writing alone that made the difference but it was more simply taking on this process as a whole and through the years, slowly but surely having the understanding, the principles, the applications becoming a part of my life that has given me some traction and some way to direct myself and my world. My life is not perfect. but I do find the different perspectives and tools here to be something that has supported me in my life when things get tough or even when I want to challenge myself more. So you can really 'start anywhere' with desteni and the different perspectives and tools.

In a way, one becomes a lifeless zombie when they allow their experiences to 'run their lives'. So essentially depression, or even 'feeling disassociated' is a kind of emotional experience. So what we are busy with here with this process is we are learning how to become Self Directive. How to take back our power in our lives so to speak and start living and expressing instead of just becoming swamped with your emotional experiences to the point of where we don't even want to get up in the morning because of the heaviness you feel on your shoulders.

Bella

Postby Bella » 02 Aug 2015, 22:21

Very cool perspective Andrew!
Its the wholistic nature of walking process for me that has made a difference in my life. What I mean is that for me it was not the self forgiveness alone, it was not the material alone, it was not the physical corrections alone or the writing alone that made the difference but it was more simply taking on this process as a whole and through the years, slowly but surely having the understanding, the principles, the applications becoming a part of my life that has given me some traction and some way to direct myself and my world.

DrewSantillo

Postby DrewSantillo » 03 Aug 2015, 04:40

Andrew thank you so much for your advice to watch the self and living support depression series. For anyone with depression it is an absolute must see. I have been searching endlessly inside and outside of myself for the past 20 years trying to understand what's going within me and those series of videos summed it up brilliantly in minutes. Wow I am blown away and very grateful. Thx sunnete I fing love you!

Kim S

Postby Kim S » 03 Aug 2015, 10:27

Drew,

Really cool that you are here, asking for assistance and support, so you are half way here, now it is time to start applying yourself in writing and as the others say DIP Lite is a really cool way to 'get in touch' with your feelings and emotions and actually start releasing what makes you tick. Keep us posted and if it all gets difficult/too much, don't be afraid to ask for help again. Really cool advice Bells/Andrew.

Bella

Postby Bella » 03 Aug 2015, 19:23

Andrew thank you so much for your advice to watch the self and living support depression series. For anyone with depression it is an absolute must see. I have been searching endlessly inside and outside of myself for the past 20 years trying to understand what's going within me and those series of videos summed it up brilliantly in minutes. Wow I am blown away and very grateful. Thx sunnete I fing love you!
cool Drew, good to hear you found practical support!

looking forward to your process unfolding - thanks for sharing!

YoganBarrientos

Postby YoganBarrientos » 04 Aug 2015, 00:04

Cool Drew :)

viktor

Postby viktor » 09 Aug 2015, 23:01

Hello Drew,

As Andrew pointed out – self-forgiveness is a great tool that can be used to release emotional and feeling suppression – and basically – through practicing sounding self-forgiveness you're also able to practice self-expression in a genuine and honest way. Real expression can only come through when we let go of the emotions, and find our own 'sound', our own expression – and that is something that awakens as we release the past, and re-create the future through writing our self-corrective and self-commitment statements.

And through this process, it is possible to start feeling alive again, because I've also been in that position of feeling an absolute tiredness towards any and all points in my life – though this can be changed through utilizing the Desteni tools – it's not easy but it's possible and definitely worth it.

You can check out my videos, and blogs on creating movement for some more practical suggestions in how to deal with apathy/listlessness and tiredness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6VOgiH2CQs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwaCOxql5nw

Return to “Questions and Perspectives about Everyday Life Moments”