Thinking about it instead of doing it

Share and ask your moments and experiences in random, unpredictable, sudden moments that happened to you - you'd like to understand. Whether it be during a discussion with someone and not understanding why certain thoughts / behaviours came up in you or another. Not understanding another's facial expression or even your own when looking in the mirror etc. So, this thread is dedicated to the everyday life moments we WONDER about but never ask.
Gian

Thinking about it instead of doing it

Post by Gian »

Do you ever have those moments where you see what you can do, need to do within the context of living your utmost potential, but then you start thinking about it and end up not doing it. I have learned to stop the thinking immediately and to rather trust in the physical feedback. to do it, to go there and then see whats here. It is really difficult at first and a lot of breathing is required. and most of the times some writing in Self-forgiveness on the mind points, because I can see how I have been wired to always fight for limitations, fears and to rather go for the lesser self than to act HERE. anyone else have such pattern? and how are you working with it, I know, most of us do not see it as something to work with and just accept and allow it as normal progression. perhaps this can open up some points.

Gian

Re: Thinking about it instead of doing it

Post by Gian »

This interview is a cool one to see how we can BE and live with Direct seeing, when we are in the process of stopping our thoughts and thinking.

https://eqafe.com/p/reptilians-thinking ... l-part-106

for those interested.

Gian

Post by Gian »

Here is a Practical example of what I am talking about.

I was doing my regular sharing and interactions on Facebook, and I saw a post where people were arguing about something, now I am not going to go into detail, just laying out the pattern. I in that moment could SEE what I can contribute, but instead of acting and writing, I already went into my mind into insecurities, into fears, into projections of what can happen if I make that comment, if I give my perspective. so instead of going there I kept on scrolling, avoiding everything my mind told me that could happen, that might happen.

I then had a negative experience following in the week to come in terms of me living my utmost potential, because I let that one time slide and gave into the mind, and made it so easy, I now saw that I was in a pattern of doing this over and over with all other seemingly small points. which effected my entire process in my daily living, because that one moment was a reflection of who I have accepted and allowed myself to be and thus now living it, so till I realized this and how it was effecting my entire life and how I participate in all things, letting things slide, not pushing my utmost potential always when I SEE i can and must act, I am now living my lesser self. thus stopping the thinking and instead acting through breathing, slowing down and then going forth, I now honored myself as my utmost potential that I can currently live, and from there only grow, through learning and growing and expanding and seeing what is actually real and what isn't.

and so far it turns out the mind isn't real unless I make it so and live it so. quit interesting to actually live it and see it for real.

Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I can really relate to this point with regards to my desire to be an overall 'good person' in this world/life. When I visited the farm I uncovered a belief within myself that I couldn't 'make it' in this process, that it was impossible, that to life this 'life of good' was impossible, which is implying in some ways that I am flawed/incapable. So from this belief of being flawed/lacking/not being capable I then project the desire and it becomes a mental experience of moving back and forth in a polarized morality system. There is guilt when I see my relatively fortunate life where my basic needs are taken care of and then I see the suffering that exist in this world and this is what seems to prompt this point of then wanting to do good as a desire/mental projection.

based on the guilt, the projections also have a tone of altruism, where I tend to leave myself out of this idea of what it means to live a life of good, where I am not living the understanding that living in a way that is best for all life also includes living my own best. so now I am seeing that a lot of the guilt is coming from a self judgment where I judge myself for being conditioned to life in self interest in a way that disregards, neglects or even exploits others. So it is like within this self judgment I have defined myself as this self interested/greedy/selfish character, and perceived this point as the point that is 'wrong with me'/where I am inherently lacking/flawed.

Gian

Post by Gian »

Thanks for opening up Adrian.

I can definitely relate to what you are saying in relation to wanting to be a good person and then within the cycle of going back and forth.This was obviously because of my idea/definition of being a good person which I created from my "mother" lol, her expectations and how she saw me, and my father.

I have realized that I was confusing being a good person with "living my utmost potential" - that somehow my utmost potential must be in alignment wit this character of "being a good person" - but this character of "being a good person" comes from the Belief (not reality) that you/I/we are bad, inherently, like born in sin - meantime, one must just realize that YOU are good, you are LIFE, looking at my son and when he was born, humans are GOOD, there is NO evil, till we create it, program it, teach it, show it. So I had to realize that I have a GOOD hearth naturally, and that I must rather trust this good hearth/self - even though there is EVIL within me as I have been contaminated by the system/mind and I have Identified myself with a second nature instead of my true nature which is ME in breathe, not within thinking.

So, let us look at two words here.

Good and Morality.

I have defined good for myself as Best for all Life.
Best for all life I have defined as what is BEST, not what is good or bad.
Best I have defined for myself as Practical, common sense, self honesty, EVERYONE - Best is to take another or others and actually do onto them as you would like to be done onto within CONTEXT of what is here, considering a persons entire process, their position and location, their everything, and to be able to be real, to be direct, to not attempt to protect the mind within how I speak, what I speak, when I speak, or do.

for example - a person that is addicted to alcohol and that is abusive towards others, such as physically harming, shouting, emotionally damaging others and being destructive within their environment, that refuses to give up alcohol - how would I within that situation do whats Best for all as being a Good person?

First of all, I would stand in their shoes as Myself, and I would see if the actions I am about to take towards such a person is something I would be able to do to myself, would I see that it will be supportive, will it be best for everyone as what I am going to do to myself as that other person and what is it that I can do - even if it means getting this person locked up, even if it means removing the children from such a person, even if it means being the "bad guy", being harsh, and so forth. and yet within that I am living my utmost potential, and this is within the current system, even with the understanding that this alcoholic person is they way he is due to a fucked up system, a live of stress and abuse him/her self, even knowing that this person problem is a mental one that could have been prevented in a better world, even when I know that he is "innocent" in his actions as he/she was never given any other way or tools to deal with life/themselves - I will still take those actions as whats Best for all within being HERE in practicality, common sense and self-honesty, but then it does not stop there - then it goes further, through taking a step in making that decision on how to direct this alcoholic person and everyone that is being abused, everyone else that has been effected now also has a chance to stand up to see the effects of the system, to see the devastation this current world is bring and creating, and how we are all part of it, how we are all equally responsible. but if I did not act and rather started thinking about it, then all that was lost and everyone just accepts the world the way it is, and in my previous definition of being the good guy, I would have rather tried to be the savior for the people that is being abused, to be there for them, to protect them, to love them, to care for them, but never act or stood up to actually change their lives, the abuse would continue daily and then I would creep in and be all like - its okay, you are okay, I care for you, I am here for you, and this good guy only seeks his own energy fulfillment because the real solution is being avoided in the name of self interest and mostly FEAR.

For your more personal point you mentioned you can apply self forgiveness here on them and exploe them more, the beliefs etc, and I can join in on the self forgiveness.

viktor

Post by viktor »

Cool Gian, I will pay attention to this, because I am able to relate to this point of having ideas and visions of what I could do - and then I think about it and do not immediately move into action

jonathan solorio

Post by jonathan solorio »

Hey everyone, this was my comment on Gian's Facebook post:

'I have been facing this point in a much tighter on/off pattern since participating in recovery programs for addiction. I always find my self getting into a mood after noting what I have to do that isn't done yet - as soon as I note that more time has passed and I am not on it yet.. That is when the hurriedness to act begins and my personal game of catch up takes over. Many times it results in the complete opposite, where I become scattered and distracted instead of focused on one thing in the present. Then once I get to a point like writing, the whole point of my writing is now less than what it could be. The lesser self repeating the less-on.. When I act in a moment, instead of working to get what moment I already missed, everything is different and I am 'on point'. I have had some people give me their perspectives on this issue since it is a point of high priority in my life. All the words I have received point towards the perception of this just being how I am supposed to learn and 'get there' - but I think it is unnecessary to miss this point as often as I am. The amount of time I spend in thoughts appears to me to be greater than any of the time actually doing what it is I set out to do. And when I am doing those things, moments where I sit back and see my self in thought again. I can see all this potential in the space I use up thinking. I am working with this point by becoming more gentle and understanding towards my self as I originally believed this would be a change in behavior I could make decent progress in a fairly short amount of time. It has been months and I feel my progress is not so accelerated. That's what I've got :)'

I am happy to see a thread on this.

Gian

Post by Gian »

Cool Jonathan

I can definitely relate to that as well, especially the hurrying point after not acting when the point was here. I also find that when points are HERE to act on, it is usually when there is actual space and time to do it, these points do not randomly just pop up. Because when we have space within ourselves and our reality these points to act on will take that space and time, and as we start acting on them in breathe here, I found for myself it might seem like a lot, but before I know it, more space and time becomes available. because what tends to happen is - as we do not act within what is HERE we are also enforcing a space and time limitation within our MIND, that is literally not real, but it has become so real that we can even find physical practical reasons to why there wasn't space and time to act, our limitations are literally limiting our reality.

I found myself expanding within so much acting and living here and not postponing the moments, where I find myself creating believes that this must be the limit now, I can not possible do more today, but then I push beyond that Believe through again acting HERE and it is amazing what we are capable of without even having to think about it, just trust that moment, that application of living.

Thank you for sharing yourself here.

jonathan solorio

Post by jonathan solorio »

I will check out that interview when possible and thanks for all the perspective. I was reading a book earlier this week and it used the word "activity" to describe what I see as all the internal noise preventing me from being here. A busy mind that is thinking about "getting things done". It brought up how this "activity" is not "action" and it will create or look for things to do that don't really need to be done. Like satisfying an itch. As I am typing this I see how I participate in my mind as a belief in "getting things done" using my thoughts as part of the "work" as "the way I work" is always usually in the mind - I am getting "worked up" into my head. That "work" as understood by me as my mind is actually DISTRACTION which I lose TRACTION with the reality of work that is always here. In that book it brings up the point of how action is here and it is done, how that dimension of action is one that arises and is relevant - and how the mind is always "seeking the action to be done" which actually becomes distraction from what is here as what needs are to be done. Also I notice how when it becomes a mind thing, I am fighting the realization of slowing down, stopping, practicing patience.. like I do not want to end up on the opposite end of "hard-work" as a "lazy person"..
The best release from these experiences for me has been within challenging those key words in particular that this world holds in such high esteem or with a scowl. What is hard work? Who is a hard worker? What is it that I that I think there is to do that's so big and challenging that I become paralyzed about? Why do I believe what people call "lazy"? Why did I always believe I was lazy? What is going on here?
A lot of bullshit sits inside these words and much thinking goes into words that are supposedly very "physical" and "concrete" in their value - for me I see a lot of mind junk getting in the way of some very practical definitions. Expanding on my experience of these words and being open to how little I really understand about what they are all about is supporting me through the changes in my life right now.

Return to “Questions and Perspectives about Everyday Life Moments”