As A Participant in The System

Share and ask your moments and experiences in random, unpredictable, sudden moments that happened to you - you'd like to understand. Whether it be during a discussion with someone and not understanding why certain thoughts / behaviours came up in you or another. Not understanding another's facial expression or even your own when looking in the mirror etc. So, this thread is dedicated to the everyday life moments we WONDER about but never ask.
KasperKwan

As A Participant in The System

Post by KasperKwan »

Hi,

This is a question for all the people living in the Desteni Farm. What have you realized in terms of economy, in terms of creating a future, in terms of one's participation in the system in your theoretical job, family, and friends, that may be different from the widely broadcasted and advertised selfish stereotype of a jobber in the system?

What Is The Stereotype?

The stereotype I will describe as a person earning enough for one's living and entertainment, but not enough to start his/her own business or take a risk away from the 9 to 5 job, with not enough to do what their boss does. In equilibrium of being in a stable job, with stable income, having some but not the ideal amount of time to travel and entertain oneself, with no close by opportunities to earn more, but with enough knowledge to stand in exactly the position they're in. The sort of lifestyle that's advertised so much is a lifestyle centred around my wants, buying all the things that align to what I want out of something, that align with my self image and self esteem, exercising to have a specific body shape to be regarded as the more beautiful of the masses, travelling often and spending alot on travelling for new experiences for myself alone, only spending time with people that match my interests, blocking out anyone not aligned to my way of thinking, and overall being happy in all the stuff and experiences I can buy for myself that are creature comforts of money. Specifically not interested in politics, no interest in funding any political movement but the me movement of my life, my wants, my needs, or maybe only projects that align with my interests crowdfunding only some, donate a bit to charity, overall the thinking is the world is okay. No intervention necessary in my opinion, no seeds I need to sow for a future, at least, no seeds that benefit anyone else but me personally. Thinking the money system is unequal but it's the one that works. Interested in economy, politics, maybe some philosophy, technology, and interested in other ways to make money.

What is My Ideal Good Person That's Actually Good?

My opinion of the type of jobber that will actively contribute to a future for humanity is repentence in the form of donating money is very effective, and thus alot of thought and consideration and investigation and weighing must be done as additional hard work on my part to sow the seeds I think represent the future basically. Charity is disastrous business with nasty side effects of manipulating and in a way, making the suffering of the poor more miserable, in the example of medicine before sanitation. Only some food sent, not enough food. I believe time has proven charity to be what it is which is a mental justification to not feel anything about the poor, a way to wash my hands of blood so to speak, to keep my guilt about how much I earn at bay, in a way a function of my self image and fulfilling my wants to be a good person in my people's or circle's eyes. Working for a charity is also to believe that I'm doing something at least and I'm putting real time and effort to "solve" the poverty crises. Though I believe organizing a political movement to place people that act on their care for the people would be a better seed to sow. For example, putting you and me in positions of power to actually implement a basic income guaranteed and write it in the laws of a country seems to be more productive than waiting for them to respond. Obviously consistently working on the skills I require to stand in my position in the system. Realizing all media and entertainment anything mainstream basically is hard selling the religion of the self, as it stands there is very little value that must be looked at through a microscope to notice in entertainment, celebrity, music, TV. As it stands, I believe economy and politics advertised by its journalists and researchers present very little value because all of them cannot articulate a one sentence solution to the world problem. They base their intelligence on assumptions and theories, find a different way to say the same fucking thing, making a business out of their own thoughts and opinions, meanwhile not investing that profit wisely, it should be reckoned and measured by this time in 2018 when the political and economic journalism has been flourishing for awhile now. In a way, economics and politics is an exciting distraction, just like mainstream news presents a light thrill and a surge in self confidence as you're absorbing the information that makes you a responsible person apparently.

I think if people like you and me did their research, under the principle that one must repent for one's position in the system of money, which is just me saying with the added feature of amassing a proportion of their profits to one project that is understood to be a good seed to sow for the future. Generally, as history proves, investing in political movements have been the plaything of the rich and seems quite effective at giving the rich what they want; why not participate in that marvelous potential of change by making your own political movement for example, the general gist is to agree on policies and you and me agree through understanding on one political party. In my ideal world, people would do this extra work and decisively seek the common ground.

Conclusion and Question Summarized Briefly

So that's my description of what I think is a person that will change the world. What is all of your descriptions? What do you understand or realize that I don't? That alot of people maybe have not considered that people at the Desteni Farm have been considering for maybe a long time?

And of course self improvement/development is well documented and the results are all the participants in Desteni. What value does Desteni, the Portal, present that's unique, specifically in terms of personal usefulness? And not in terms of how the Portal accesses all of existence, knows all the history, etc. By the way, I'm a product and participant in Desteni that found the information quite grounding, it grounds all your thinking about change into livable steps, so I already believe Desteni is useful, but for those that don't know, what's the unique value of all of Desteni?

In a way, I'm asking what unique value each person at the Desteni Farm brings to their surrounding environment. Hoping for a well detailed reply.

Regards,
Kasper

joe kou

Re: As A Participant in The System

Post by joe kou »

i get what you are asking - but i am not understanding why you are asking it. as in - why specifically are you looking at these questions and what might the answers do for you?

because as i read those words i get a sense that there is some frustration and maybe a bit of judgment as to what 'value' is.

my perspective is, as someone living on the farm for about 2 years now - that there is no way to really answer the heart of your question because there seems to be something specific you are aiming for, and that in a way puts a rather limiting scope of how we can define what is valuable or what it is we do here as a community or as individuals. we could say and list the various individual ways we are uniquely developing and growing - but that won't really answer your deeper question of value.

so that is why i would ask you to maybe share more of your own personal context - what does your question mean to you personally? what are you wanting to resolve in the asking that is in relation to your own, personal life? because when we take it back to self and look more at the core from which these kinds of questions come, it actually becomes easier to relate and answer more authentically - 'from the heart' so to speak.

KasperKwan

Post by KasperKwan »

why specifically are you looking at these questions and what might the answers do for you?

I thought it would be useful for everyone, me too, to know what the mindset of a person at the Desteni Farm would hold had they been in the position of 'going back' in the system and what quality of participation we're looking at that will create change in the world. Quality of participation including the perspectives on economy, one's salary and its meaning to me, one's spending and its meaning, how do friends family and coworkers fit into the life of a Destonian working in the system, what is the understanding behind the influence of friends family and coworkers, where does process fit in, what is the process that's supposed to be practical and how's that lived daily.

The answers (I know there's no right answer) would enlighten me on maybe details of daily life I've missed that actually when redefined hold alot of value to my process, would serve as a beautiful summary of the process people at the Desteni Farm had walked and what its results have been, maybe coincidentally being a good introduction to Desteni.

The answers from you people would give me perspectives I've never considered about my own daily life about details that I may have overlooked. It would be a shortcut way of understanding the Desteni message to practical action lived. Because according to HK television, the vast majority of people today are relatively young, from a different age, that has views about money, participation that leads to specific behaviour that's lived daily.

In essence I'm asking the difference between a Destonian and the most common person working in the system. What has Desteni brought to a person's awareness that makes the difference?

what does your question mean to you personally? what are you wanting to resolve in the asking that is in relation to your own, personal life?

My question means more understanding and background behind the daily activities I do, that any human in the system would benefit from. Which is everybody. It means to me personally that I get a taste of what the Desteni Farm is like because of the people there. What do the principles imply that isn't being shared or delineated for the layperson?

I don't particularly have any conflict in the asking of this question. That's my way of saying I don't have anything to gain from answers to no answers. But I would like answers, and having been in the group I expect answers because of the silent agreement to do what's best for all. I see it as an opportunity to revamp the introduction to Desteni to be more relatable. Because as it stands Desteni is being misinterpreted by most as a cult, which is a sign of the times where people don't investigate.

In relation to my own personal life, I want to visit the farm but haven't earned the amount of money to do it. What I want to resolve - in my way I would put it as I would want to clarify and specify what I can do to fully support Desteni, spell it out for me because I'm in the system, I don't have freedom of movement, what are the daily livable steps I can apply because of understanding the role all aspects of my life play?

In short, I want all your perspectives on what your money means to you, what value does money represent to all you, what does time mean to you, how do you prioritize your tasks, how do you identify what is important to do, how do you identify what is important, what is important, what is the norm all you live that prevents you from falling into temptations, what is the balancing factors that cause all you to not spend rashly, what is the balancing factors that allow you to live a life decimating addiction and obsesssion and desires? And more please, if you have something in mind to share.

I'm just a participant in the system that wants more specific directions as to how to live in the way that will contribute to a better world. How to sidestep the overlooked mistake of simply earning cash and living out one's life. Or being sustained by cash and living out one's life separate from the politics and economy of this world. What is the corruption that's so prevalent amongst the vast majority that's not realized? What does it mean to be in a position to make good money and want to change the world but the position of money I'm in betraying my good intentions?

Thanks

KasperKwan

Post by KasperKwan »

Please, ask some more if I haven't answered your questions

YoganBarrientos

Post by YoganBarrientos »

Hey Kasper,
I will answer your question. I don't live or ever been to the desteni farm, though it I don't see it affecting my answer.

So I currently work a 9 to 5 pm job, and make enough to cover my living expenses with about $500 US dollars a month extra that I can spend in things. Its a physical job. Its easy for me, though for other people they complain about it. One thing that affects ones experience is one's mindset. Its the desteni message all along. Where its not about the situation you are in, its about who you are within it. Through walking the desteni principles, which are life principles, just like unconditional/universal truths that already exist, you will see the value of them. If you do see the value of them, then you also see the purpose and reason why the Desteni farm exists or was set up for. Having people that are specialized in this, that are trained in this, that have more time to work on this, and support others in this, is just smart if you want to help Humanity as a whole to change.

This is a real physical world. Money has power. You can hire servers that run this website with money, well that's probably the only practical way... with money. Buy food with money. Buy clothes etc... You get the idea. Money buys things, physical things. This includes buying land which you then grow plants on for food.

In terms of my mindset, its the basic desteni principles: oneness and equality, do what's best for all, stop emotions, feelings and thoughts, become Living Words, Become your utmost potential. These are just words. To Live it is what counts.

I would suggest starting over with your question if you are not satisfied with my answer. Make it just 1-4 sentences and make it simple, because its not clear what you want. And maybe you don't know what you want either, which is cool. The Last Public Chat on Friday of this week (2 days ago) was on Simplicity and overcomplicating things. If you sign up there you can join in chat in real time Wednesday and Friday- read the past chat here: https://destonians.com/simplicity-vs-complexity/

KasperKwan

Post by KasperKwan »

What have you realized in terms of economy, in terms of creating a future, in terms of one's participation in the system in your theoretical job, family, and friends, that may be different but supports you to consistently do the work, whatever work you're doing?

I ask to see what I may have not considered about my own money, salary, future, family, friends, that perhaps may bolster my will to keep doing what I'm doing. Though, I have enough will to already do what I'm doing. If a person - any - on the Desteni Farm were to move back into the system right now, what are their considerations about their own salary, money, savings, exposure to news, politics, economy, future, family, friends?

CerisePoolman

Post by CerisePoolman »

I have done a number of blogs, podcasts and vlogs that specify the principles I live by and how I make decisions, including financial. You can see them here http://activistsjourneytolife.blogspot.co.za/ and here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd1Yb- ... eQw/videos

KasperKwan

Post by KasperKwan »

I visited the links you attached Cerise. And I thought to myself, "I can't be assed to find a detailed reply to my questions through hundreds of videos and thousands of articles". If you're willing, the short and detailed reply encompassing one forum post.

joe kou

Post by joe kou »

Kasper - in reading your words and questions - it is still a bit difficult to answer. It seems like there is a specific kind of answer you are looking for, but the heart of your question isn't coming through - at least not to me when i read the responses so far.

So - what i mean with asking you what the question means to you personally - is that there seems to be specific conflicts within yourself that you are wanting an answer for.

What I am sensing is that perhaps you are wanting to define "purpose" and what it would mean to live a life with a sense of purpose - whether it is in your current situation of having to work in the system, or it is about the relationships in your life, etc. Perhaps you have been facing the struggle of not feeling like you are contributing enough or living up to your authentic inner potential as you see it?

I could be misreading or misinterpreting here but if this is the kind of 'deeper question' that you are working with, then i would say that the specific questions you have been asking would not likely bring you the kind of perspectives you are really looking for - since everyone will be able to share their own perspective on what worked for them and what their method of living and defining 'purpose' is, but it still would not help YOU in your specific struggle at the moment. But if you were to bring the focus more back to self and instead of asking a broad question, rather narrow it down to what deeper points you are wanting to resolve or get clarity on, the answers we would be able to provide would also become more specific and 'tangible' for you.

KasperKwan

Post by KasperKwan »

I don't have any conflicts in myself I'm aware of. Frankly, I'm positioned to a good opportunity in Hong Kong teaching cello for a living. No economic struggles, no family conflicts, the most conflict I have frankly is with Desteni. But throughout the conflict with Desteni, I am calm and open to communication at all times. People can make mistakes, and it's never a bad thing to be forgiving in that respect.

The question was a curiosity I wrote into words about how people at the farm would take in news, events, conflict. I imagine myself being the New York Times editor asking someone deemed successful their views on politics, economy, and life to give a rather rough analogy.

But definitely, my interactions with the Desteni group have shown me the limits of how much one can care about a person when it's a group of people working together. It's just that Bernard was the big selling point for me, and he's left us, what value is Desteni wanting to represent now that its visionary is gone? You may block me and censor this post if you like, it has no bearing on what I'm here to do in this life. Call it, label it abuse and call it a day I don't mind. But your message of self forgiveness taught me to also forgive others.

Return to “Questions and Perspectives about Everyday Life Moments”