Help finding old old video

Ask questions related to Desteni Articles, Videos and Recordings. Share the information you have heard / read in your thread and then accordingly ask specific questions pertaining to it. This will allow others who may have similar questions now or in the future to understand the context shared in related material better.
Godfrey

Re: Help finding old old video

Postby Godfrey » 26 May 2019, 18:06

Hey Arizona,

I would suggest - not holding your past in a negative light considering your screen time...

A little mantra of mine or affirmation if you will.

If you want to see a change, you have to make a change.

All that screen time , I can relate I've spent 10,000s of hours playing video games and escaping my reality.

It wasn't wasted time, it was a launching pad for where I am today.
Hence sight is 20/20 and its easy to reflect and be remorseful for not optimizing your time.
The older we become life speeds up and free time - requires a payment of discipline.

my religion is to do good and my country is the world

Gabriel

Re: Help finding old old video

Postby Gabriel » 27 May 2019, 21:19

I don't know what to say about family growing up, right now it's a total blur though i'm sure if I spent some time looking at it I could say loads about it.

The first time I sat down to write about my past - which meant: my past of growing up in a family - I felt as though somehow I could not remember much from my childhood. Interestingly I had never questioned it because I had always experienced myself this way. Yet, as I would start writing, bit by bit and blog by blog, I would suddenly have actual memories coming back to me as sudden flashes of truth that I had hidden from myself. This was astounding to me because how can a person make themselves 'forget' their own past - but that is precisely what I had done throughout the years with and through my mind. So, my journey of writing was in large part also the walking of the recollection of my childhood life - that I had forgotten and supressed.

This writing and remembering of my past was essential to get into the deeper layers of my mind with self-forgiveness. This asssited me in allowing me to face my pain and often I cried, which is something I had not allowed myself to do before.
Guilt, power, relationship connections that are seemingly unbreakable, but i'm not sure when I realized these things. Truth is I spent 99.99% of my time looking at a screen. Though when I was very young I do remember doing loads of outdoor stuff.

About the pattern of living a life in front of the screen, I agree with Godfrey's words. No need to judge it. And yes, to make a change requires an actual decision, but you will find that some decisions require some self-forgiveness to loosen the rust. Try it and see what happens.

Return to “Questions relating to Specific Desteni Articles / Videos / Recordings”