Alcohol and Weed

Ask questions related to Desteni Articles, Videos and Recordings. Share the information you have heard / read in your thread and then accordingly ask specific questions pertaining to it. This will allow others who may have similar questions now or in the future to understand the context shared in related material better.
Kavish Jattan

Alcohol and Weed

Postby Kavish Jattan » 25 Jun 2019, 06:49

Hey, I had a few questions when it comes to alcohol and weed. I’m not sure if this is the right part of the forum.

I’ve seen some articles/videos related to this topic but need some clarity on it.

While doing the process (dip lite) should you stop all consumption of these things ? I’ve had the desire to drink or smoke but wonder how this affects the process and the consequences of it. Should the goal be to stop it all completely, can you dabble in it here and there ?

Since I used to use both a lot, weed not anymore but I still drink alcohol here and there. The desire to consume both is still strong, lol. Whether a good tv show is on, new movie in theatres, food , smoking before working out or just flat out boredom, these points related to weed and liquor come up at random times.

It would be cool to hear your perspectives/experiences/advice on this. Some articles/links to videos on this point wouldn’t hurt either! :ugeek: Thanks !!

YoganBarrientos

Re: Alcohol and Weed

Postby YoganBarrientos » 25 Jun 2019, 14:31

Hi Kavish, there is a subforum called Addiction Support. That might be more relevant for you, assuming you want to look at it from the lens of addiction. There are some already some cool posts and support there that direct the point. I recommend checking out Marlen's Response in this thread: http://forum.desteni.org/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=8276
She covers it quite deeply, and her closing remarks are worth reposting here:
"So, finding the reasons behind wanting to drink is by far a good start to then see more of 'who you are' towards alcohol, not so much to judge the substance in itself. It's always about the relationships we create with the drugs that are the problem, the drugs just 'are' we always have a choice to use them or not, and that's where self responsibility exists."
after going through that, if you can update later on what you get from it?

Kavish Jattan

Postby Kavish Jattan » 26 Jun 2019, 06:18

Hi Kavish, there is a subforum called Addiction Support. That might be more relevant for you, assuming you want to look at it from the lens of addiction. There are some already some cool posts and support there that direct the point. I recommend checking out Marlen's Response in this thread: http://forum.desteni.org/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=8276
She covers it quite deeply, and her closing remarks are worth reposting here:
"So, finding the reasons behind wanting to drink is by far a good start to then see more of 'who you are' towards alcohol, not so much to judge the substance in itself. It's always about the relationships we create with the drugs that are the problem, the drugs just 'are' we always have a choice to use them or not, and that's where self responsibility exists."
after going through that, if you can update later on what you get from it?
Thanks! That was helpful to read through. I didn’t consider or was aware of any of of the points that she brought up in her response. I clearly have to go more in-depth in looking at this and the material that’s available on the forum. This is a point I’m going to have to write a lot more about and finding the starting point as to why I stilll have the need to want to drink/smoke.

YoganBarrientos

Postby YoganBarrientos » 27 Jun 2019, 04:38

Cool, if you want you can post your writings in the Write Yourself to Freedom subforum under your own thread http://forum.desteni.org/viewforum.php?f=8

Addictions are quite an interesting mind system in how they manifest in us, and seeing the hidden reasons we do it. If you have more specific questions, please do ask.

Return to “Questions relating to Specific Desteni Articles / Videos / Recordings”