Only 4 - 6 hours of sleep required?

Share questions, perspectives and relevant material about Body Support here
Rebecca Dalmas

Re: Only 4 - 6 hours of sleep required?

Postby Rebecca Dalmas » 17 Nov 2012, 06:32

After my husband died I slept very little and thought there was something wrong with me. When I found out through Desteni that I needed only 4 to six hours it was like a freedom for me. Lol
I vary in sleep from mostly six hours to 5 and sometimes 4, even though there is an occasional "slump" to seven.
This is a change from trying to make myself sleep a full eight, where i would wake up and see that I had not slept a full eight, and then make myself sleep some more.
Welcome to the forum.

Carrie

Postby Carrie » 17 Nov 2012, 06:46

I'm currently working on getting myself into a 5-hour sleep/rest schedule. It's awesome having more time to get things done in my day. I'm not tired or experiencing that mid-afternoon blah-ness that I did when I was sleeping 8-10 hours. The roughest part has been the actual getting up in the morning ... and it's SO tempting to just crawl back into bed and pass out for another hour. What's been supportive within this is my son who will do WHATEVER IT TAKES - lol - to get me up, interacting with him, feeding him, etc - also, it was suggested to get myself physically moving right away which has assisted.

Cool thread. Thanks all for sharing.

ingridschaefer

Postby ingridschaefer » 17 Nov 2012, 10:41

Thanks all for sharing.

I am still walking this point. In the past I slept around 9 hours; 1,5 year ago I brought it back to 7.5, and 1 year ago to 6/6.5. Here I am still struggling with. I am working on health-issues which makes more 'tired'. What I notice myself and also heard from Leila is that during process it is possible to sleep longer sometimes when walking through points and that we have to find our own balance in this. When I sleep longer than 6,5 hours I become much more noisy in the head, it is uncomfortable.

At the moment I am looking at what radiation is doing at the condition. (mobile, wireless, computers etc). When I was on the farm in SA I woke up after around 5.5 hours every night; I don't like to actually get out of bed, but I was not tired. After a short week in Holland I became more tired when waking up. First I thought it was my own resistance of walking here alone my process etc, but that's not the only point or maybe not even the point.
I am investigating this point. The tiredness I experience now is much more pulling down. It is the effect of the consequences of the mind's relationship to the physical which I am walking through now; I started to realign the body with a chiropractor so this gives reactions;
but it is also possible that the environment I live in has an effect on my condition.
I am investigationg products that work on this area, it is called floww. (I am not making money out of this; I investigate products that can support to bring back the physical in it's natural stability in combination with walking the process of applying sf).
Has anyone perspective/experience on/with this ?

I go on investigating and if I have more clarity I will share.

Anna

Postby Anna » 17 Nov 2012, 16:03

Ingrid - I suggest writing the point out so that you can establish with clarity whether this tiredness is based on environmental feedback or resistance. It could be either or. It depends on your, your process and your current situation.

What I've find the most assisting with regards to reducing sleep, is to get up at the same time every morning, no matter how late I go to bed and then get up immediately in the morning. After a few weeks it starts getting easier, because one have programmed a new pattern. However this only works if one is consistent, so I've also found that sleeping in on weekends for example, is not suggested as it must be consistent and continuous. I've worked with this previously and now also focus on applying this for myself again.

Cool to have a 'body of research' here that we can utilize to support ourselves and each other regarding sleep.

Thanks.

ingridschaefer

Postby ingridschaefer » 17 Nov 2012, 19:51

Thanks Anna for the feedback.
yes it could be either, environmental feedback and resistance. Things are still mixed which makes it confusing. I will further investigate.

You stand up at the same time no matter how late you go to bed. ok, I go about the same time to bed and stand up about 6,5 hours later. I will find out how it is to wake up at the same time independent from sleeping time and write out the fear of having too little sleeping time.
Immediately waking up is a point that I smuggle with here in Holland and not smuggled with in sa. So that I defenitely can apply immediately.

Yes supportive to share about this here as a motivation to be more consistent in this point.
thanks.

YoganBarrientos

Postby YoganBarrientos » 18 Nov 2012, 07:01

Cool Anna, im gonna apply my alarm for the same time to wake up. I had for several months been sleeping like how ingrid said according to when i sleep and then some hours later, I have been doing 6, though i found it hard. I had my last semester been waking up at the same time no matter what. So im gonna do that again. Im gonna do 7:30 am since thats when the cafeteria opens, yum!
Anyway, thanks for reminding me of this strategy!

YoganBarrientos

Postby YoganBarrientos » 18 Nov 2012, 08:19

My blog on Sleepzzz:
Day-34: Heaven or Hell Dimensions of Sleep zzz http://yoganjourneytolife.blogspot.com/ ... ns-of.html

Garbrielle

Postby Garbrielle » 18 Nov 2012, 17:20

Cool Yogan....at the farm for horses, we had to get up the same time everyday, which was about 6:20am for me, I found once I made the decision and had the responsibility to get up, it made the getting up easier and I was not tired when I awoke, like not wanting to get out of bed, that happened maybe 4 times out of the three months I was there. Once I returned home, I have been getting up not at the same time, and it's been harder and harder to get out of bed, as now my pattern is inconsistant and my body is not balanced so to speak in getting up at the same time. So I agree with Anna, the setting a time each morning and getting up at that time each day, no matter what, is the most supportive way I found of letting your body become use to a set time to get up, it reset's the sleep cycle so to speak. I would fall asleep at the earliest 11:45pm, so I would sleep between 6.5 to 4 hours a night while at the farm. So suggest to start creating a point of responsibility at that early time, such as taking care of an animal or reading blogs ect, as this helps your body ease into the time change and helps with the change in hours of sleep from more to less in my case. I didn't consider this point til reading this, so I will go back to walking up at the same time each day, cause i find that the reason why I want to sleep in is only for my own self interest, and desire to delay what I have to do, which is obviously not cool.

Anna

Postby Anna » 18 Nov 2012, 18:03

So suggest to start creating a point of responsibility at that early time, such as taking care of an animal or reading blogs ect, as this helps your body ease into the time change and helps with the change in hours of sleep from more to less in my case. I didn't consider this point til reading this, so I will go back to walking up at the same time each day, cause i find that the reason why I want to sleep in is only for my own self interest, and desire to delay what I have to do, which is obviously not cool.
Cool Garb. Yes I've found this as well, that when waking up at the same time it does not matter if one slept 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 hours, because there will be a stability in waking up at the same time. I went from waking up tired to simply being awake and unable to sleep more even if I wanted to - lol. And then yes - having a routine is assisting as well. For some time during the summer Viktor and I took a walk immediately in the morning as a point of support. Getting up with the sun is also cool. Here it gets light at 7 - 7.30 now in winter.

ingridschaefer

Postby ingridschaefer » 19 Nov 2012, 11:43

yes Garb I experienced the same: at the farm I was waking up at 5, get immediately out of bed and was at 5.30 at the nursery for an hour. Never tired of a shortness of sleep. Although I slept every night 5.5-6.5 hours.
Back in Holland I am giving myself space within this not getting up immediately; this is what makes getting up more difficult and creates dissatisfaction within myself after finally waking up. I still believe to find something within this half an hour laying in bed lol.
I experience nervousness about getting not enough sleep, for example when I am late in the evening. In sa this was the same. A point to investigate within myself.
Thanks all!

Return to “Body Support”