What does NOTHINGNESS mean?

Ask questions related to Desteni Articles, Videos and Recordings. Share the information you have heard / read in your thread and then accordingly ask specific questions pertaining to it. This will allow others who may have similar questions now or in the future to understand the context shared in related material better.
Marlen

Re: What does NOTHINGNESS mean?

Post by Marlen »

Adding to the perspectives here and also reflecting on the meaning based on the quote above, my understanding of it is that point where nothing moves you as in no thoughts, emotions, energies or external motivation moves you, but you are empty in the sense of 'nothing is moving you' and thus you are at that 'zero point' where you determine that movement, that will, that decision of where, what and how to live and express based on what you see is your expression as life in the moment.

In practical terms, this northiness is what in my experience can be interpreted in the mind as for example similar to 'being in a low' or 'depressed' because there is nothing moving you, I call it the 'dead point' lol but only later I understood this is where I am in fact 'empty' so that I can decide to create, to move, and yes! nothing will happen, nothing will 'move' unless I decide to do so, and that's the point of creation there, it emerges from such nothingness.

So, the relationship to 'emptiness' is that once you process most of the mind noise and you get to be in a quieter state - so to speak - then one opens up the vastness of possibilities, of expressions, of whatever we decided to be and do according to what we decide to make our point, where we are, what we are living and what is most relevant to be and express within that principle of what is best for all, what is life as myself in this moment.

So there's not really an 'emptiness' but a fullness in that sense as well, where even if one is just breathing for a moment and nothing moves, that's it, that's me as life being just here - of course in practical sense we cannot just remain like that, so that's how we give ourselves a purpose, a direction, and that's how from nothingness the whole also emerges, self sa a whole deciding to live and express.

I hope this makes a bit more sense and expands your understanding of it. If you have any more questions, comments, let it be known. Thanks for opening up this word, Axel

viktor

Post by viktor »

In terms of whether there is a difference to emptiness and nothingness – this is how I see it:

Emptiness is the lack of something – there is a polarity going on of where something is supposed to be or can be full yet it is at the moment empty.

Nothingness is not empty – because there is nothing that can be emptied – there exist NO-THINGS – it is HERE – as what it is.

To make it practical – sit and breathe – focus only on your breath – in-between your in- and out-breath you will become aware of a moment of silence/darkness – that is the nothingness referred to.

Luc

Post by Luc »

I asked my wife, "what does nothingness mean to you" she replied, "what is the state of the laundry?"

To me, Bernard was referring to the blink of an eye we call the human life.

fascinating how nothingness can be so many different things.

Nothing is to me is as follows.

Axel

Post by Axel »

Marlen wrote: 18 Jun 2020, 20:03 ...

In practical terms, this northiness is what in my experience can be interpreted in the mind as for example similar to 'being in a low' or 'depressed' because there is nothing moving you, I call it the 'dead point' lol but only later I understood this is where I am in fact 'empty' so that I can decide to create, to move, and yes! nothing will happen, nothing will 'move' unless I decide to do so, and that's the point of creation there, it emerges from such nothingness.

So, the relationship to 'emptiness' is that once you process most of the mind noise and you get to be in a quieter state - so to speak - then one opens up the vastness of possibilities, of expressions, of whatever we decided to be and do according to what we decide to make our point, where we are, what we are living and what is most relevant to be and express within that principle of what is best for all, what is life as myself in this moment.

This makes sense to me as I have experienced this state in which nothing moves me quite often. However, so far I have not really managed to remain long enough in this state to let it bring out some action out of myself. Mostly, I could not bear this state and felt the need to get out of it and DO something, no matter what. Which most of the time brought me back to old habits and addictions, including looking on the web or in books for answers or things to do in order to relieve myself of this nothingness.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation, @Marlen. I can work with that in my translations as I can relate to that state. How to handle it is another matter for me, but certainly something to work on.

Marlen

Post by Marlen »

Cool Axel, yes that's the "dead point" that I've seen we as the mind fear to be in because there is no "stimulation " to create an energetic experience, so yes you got it, it reveals the addict that exists in all of us pulling towards any habit that leads to create more energy.

So, the challenge is indeed to get to understand self movement from that nothingness as a volition, as a decision, a choice instead of a programmed inertia seeking stimulation if that makes sense.

Will take time but the more we practice remaining as breath, and from there move in self awareness, the more self directive we become.

Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Marlen wrote: 10 Jan 2021, 16:47 Cool Axel, yes that's the "dead point" that I've seen we as the mind fear to be in because there is no "stimulation " to create an energetic experience, so yes you got it, it reveals the addict that exists in all of us pulling towards any habit that leads to create more energy.

So, the challenge is indeed to get to understand self movement from that nothingness as a volition, as a decision, a choice instead of a programmed inertia seeking stimulation if that makes sense.

Will take time but the more we practice remaining as breath, and from there move in self awareness, the more self directive we become.
That is a cool perspective to use in working with any type of addiction as well - thanks!

Marlen

Post by Marlen »

Yep! And to me this also reminded me of understanding self will, self movement so I leave a couple of blogs I wrote some years ago on the subject. I see it also practically linked to what happens in that nothingness and taking on the next point of self creation, self directing, self will.

https://marlenvargasdelrazo.wordpress.c ... ing-moves/

https://marlenvargasdelrazo.wordpress.c ... -yourself/

Marlen

Post by Marlen »

A quote that practically describes getting to nothingness by Bernard

"It is Imperative for Everyone to Understand the Necessity for Walking the Journey to Life, for Writing out in Detail Every Single Point of Who you Are Within and as your Inner Journey. This is in fact a Do-It-Yourself Psychology, the Cheapest Way that You can Help Yourself and Prevent Multiple Consequences, Multiple diseases, Multiple Disharmonies in your Life – You can Change your Relationships, you Can Change your Experience with Yourself and Through that, Eventually after You’ve Reached Nothingness, You’ll be Able to Redesign Yourself Effectively to Become Respected by Life - because You Respect Life."

Source: http://creationsjourneytolife.blogspot. ... rpose.html

Return to “Questions relating to Specific Desteni Articles / Videos / Recordings”