getting close to self

Ask questions related to applying self forgiveness and walking self corrective application
frank

getting close to self

Postby frank » 20 Feb 2020, 09:13

Days ago I was chatting to a desteni member asking questions. He said that what I'm looking for is power, not what is best for all, and the point is self, searching for power outside of self is impossible to find it, if you connect to yourself deeper, what you want can be fulfilled. And he teached me for the moment not to consider what is life or power, considering what is best for self and for all will brings you power. Then i asked the question how to look at the inner, he replied treat yourself nicely, in a way that doesn't harm self and the other people, live a healthy life, bringing well-being to the earth.

I know it's all about self, but I still don't quite understand what it means to connect to self deeper, through self intimacy? If so, how to develop such thing?

Gabriel

Re: getting close to self

Postby Gabriel » 23 Feb 2020, 22:04

Hi Frank,

I suggest reading this article, which explores self-intimacy, written in 2007 by Sunette: https://desteni.org/desteni-material/bl ... f-intimacy.

For me self-intimacy relates to your ability to 'sense' yourself without any distortions from the mind. This you develop through consistent writing and self-forgiveness, where you become able to look at yourself and feel yourself without self-deception. When you realise that every thought is in itself self-deception, you realise that you cannot use 'thinking' to work with yourself and your mind. You have to look 'in breath' - without any idea's and memories - you simply breathe and look: what comes up insde you will be the information that you need to work with.

Self-intimacy thus is a skill that you develop through the process of working with yourself and your mind. In terms of 'how', it comes through the daily practice of breathing, writing out self in self-honesty, forgiving your thoughts, forgiving your past, walk the courses that we offer such as DIP Lite and DIP PRO - they will also help you with providing structure and tools to slow down your mind and develop your 'seeing' (seeing into yourself) ability.

Valentin Rozman

Postby Valentin Rozman » 24 Feb 2020, 10:14

Welcome here, Frank!

About seeking power I am not sure if you are actually referring to wanting attention and influence towards other people. Usually, we try to impress others and wanting to be in an influential position in order to feel good based due to the perception that we are superior. Such tendencies are often based on lack of self-power, a feeling of inferiority and inner lack. So then we do are driven to do anything just to gain appraisals from others, regardless of what are the consequences on the lives of others, even if very negative. Thus it is suggested to focus on the development of inner power, inner fulfillment and becoming satisfied with who you are. And then working with others towards creating a win-win situation that is best for all living beings. A nice place to start this path of self-perfection is this free online course:

http://lite.desteniiprocess.com

Be the change you want to see, practice oneness and equality
Desteni Slovenia | FaceBook | YouTube | Blogger

frank

Postby frank » 25 Feb 2020, 14:20

Hi Frank,

I suggest reading this article, which explores self-intimacy, written in 2007 by Sunette: https://desteni.org/desteni-material/bl ... f-intimacy.

For me self-intimacy relates to your ability to 'sense' yourself without any distortions from the mind. This you develop through consistent writing and self-forgiveness, where you become able to look at yourself and feel yourself without self-deception. When you realise that every thought is in itself self-deception, you realise that you cannot use 'thinking' to work with yourself and your mind. You have to look 'in breath' - without any idea's and memories - you simply breathe and look: what comes up insde you will be the information that you need to work with.

Self-intimacy thus is a skill that you develop through the process of working with yourself and your mind. In terms of 'how', it comes through the daily practice of breathing, writing out self in self-honesty, forgiving your thoughts, forgiving your past, walk the courses that we offer such as DIP Lite and DIP PRO - they will also help you with providing structure and tools to slow down your mind and develop your 'seeing' (seeing into yourself) ability.
From learning the Desteni material, I know that the mind is made of personas. So could we say that thought is equally another names for persona, if not, how to identify them?

I've heard that reincarnation was stopped, but I heard from my chat group that there's still spiritual hierarchy people reincarnated into 3D to experience the consequences. So how does reincarnation really work at the moment? And there's also a paradox: If you already transcend something this life, you reincarnate, does that mean you need to transcend the whole system over again?

Marlen

Postby Marlen » 25 Feb 2020, 16:01

I've heard that reincarnation was stopped, but I heard from my chat group that there's still spiritual hierarchy people reincarnated into 3D to experience the consequences. So how does reincarnation really work at the moment? And there's also a paradox: If you already transcend something this life, you reincarnate, does that mean you need to transcend the whole system over again?

Hi Frank, I recommend listening to these three audios that explain reincarnation currently, they are on Eqafe https://eqafe.com/p/interview-request-r ... ife-part-1.

As a general suggestion, having chats with people that may associate themselves to 'being in Desteni' etc does not guarantee that there's an accurate understanding of the material and its application. Therefore, I'd suggest that if you want to learn or understand more of the Desteni principles or material, you do so first hand by reading the articles, watching the available videos online and/or coming to ask here as well, so that it is you learning, applying - you've been suggested to get into the DIP Lite free course, which is a great way to do this - and not then only getting information through second hands, consider each person has a unique perspective, it may be valid or not, but it is only you through practically placing this info into application that matters - that's what this process is about, so if you'd like to know about self-intimacy, start writing, get to read some blogs on how that works as well so that you get to create your own sense of what that means. That's my two cents on this, enjoy listening to the audios.

viktor

Postby viktor » 25 Feb 2020, 23:23

Hello Frank,

As Marlen said, only because someone say's they are with Desteni and that they are walking process, it does not mean that they are able to support you effectively. I suggest that you look at the content on the Desteni webpage as your primary source of information, because that has been cross-referenced.

One way of developing self-intimacy is to look at what goes on inside of yourself and asking yourself questions such as for example, why do I feel like this? Why did I do that? Why do I think like this? You can support yourself to go deeper by answering your questions with self-forgiveness statements.

thomaslagrua

Postby thomaslagrua » 01 Mar 2020, 13:33

Off hand (and hopefully not too bluntly), I'd say to let go of any ideas of connecting with yourself. Look in the mirror, listen to and watch your thoughts, words and deeds - for that is who you are here and now = no need to connect with anything in order to do whatever it is you want to do and be who/however you care to be. That being said, if you don't like or are not satisfied with yourself, you are able to change yourself, and this is where self-intimacy (learning how to look into and really see who/how you are, as well as your potential for being) is very useful.

Yea, I spent a long time looking for myself, because I knew that there was this awesome being (the lost me) waiting to be found. Until I finally realized (through self-intimacy, lots of writing) that (in short) instead of trying to find something that doesn't yet exist (an idea of the best me), I could just create or recreate myself to my ideal specifications. :P

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » 01 Mar 2020, 17:37

Off hand (and hopefully not too bluntly), I'd say to let go of any ideas of connecting with yourself. Look in the mirror, listen to and watch your thoughts, words and deeds - for that is who you are here and now = no need to connect with anything in order to do whatever it is you want to do and be who/however you care to be. That being said, if you don't like or are not satisfied with yourself, you are able to change yourself, and this is where self-intimacy (learning how to look into and really see who/how you are, as well as your potential for being) is very useful.

Yea, I spent a long time looking for myself, because I knew that there was this awesome being (the lost me) waiting to be found. Until I finally realized (through self-intimacy, lots of writing) that (in short) instead of trying to find something that doesn't yet exist (an idea of the best me), I could just create or recreate myself to my ideal specifications. :P

Awesome perspective, Thomas.

jozsef

Postby jozsef » 06 Mar 2020, 00:09

It took me a long time to admit that there is so much happening within me, especially in my mind, suppressions, influences from convictions, self-definitions - behind/besides my awareness, direction, presence.

It's like when I am sitting in a boat under the hot sun and I paddle towards a direction yet there are undercurrent waves keep moving me towards the rocky parts, yet I just want to get to the nice sandy beach with trees and shadow. I keep fighting against the waves until I slip and get smashed, getting exhausted, injured, burned out. Instead of hoisting the sail and steer my life-boat.

Writing about patterns, reactions, convictions within self-honesty accumulates direction, understanding and the ability to see through systems of self.
I often do not feel anything in a lot of moments, yet eventually, I get reactive, distracted - so there is something that accumulates which I should not participate within. Without writing, my mind works so fast I can not even fathom how I limit myself and thus others around me.

I am grateful for desteni tools, process, group, courses to show me the way what I can walk. Cheers

Return to “Self-Forgiveness and Practical Application Questions and Perspectives”