Facework

Ask questions related to applying self forgiveness and walking self corrective application
Daniel

Facework

Post by Daniel »

I've become more and more aware of the how my mind defines me as a mind. The meta-thoughts and trying to figure out how others are thinking of us, to place my importance/power/leverage in the context of other minds. I am usually pretty good about not doing that, thought my personality has been constructed around this thinking. I'm not at all obsessive about my image and how others perceive me, and I associated this with being present, not caring about what other's think of me.

Now, I'm thinking that presence should include the awareness of how other's perceive me. My justification is to be effective amongst the pool of MCSs.

The issue of my own, as well as Desteni's, appearance to the multitude of mind personalities is very important. The face of Desteni needs to be more widely acceptable, me thinks. :evil: :arrow: :mrgreen:
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/awful-l ... videos.php

So, my point is that when I actively guide my thoughts to the same place as they were going unconsciously but for a different reason, to ultimately serve best for all instead of my own self judgement, that it is, in fact, different.

The presentation of myself, I want to be refined and: effective,

Definition: productive, persuasive
Synonyms:
  • able, active, adequate, capable, cogent, compelling, competent, convincing, direct, effectual, efficacious, efficient, emphatic, energetic, forceful, forcible, having lead in pencil, impressive, live, moving, on the ball, operative, playing hardball, potent, powerful, powerhouse, practical, producing, resultant, serviceable, serving, sound, striking, sufficient, telling, trenchant, useful, valid, virtuous, wicked*, yielding
So you can imagine how I may have been so apprehensive about Vlogging, and even blogging (1st one today), and even posting in the forums (especially my first year of exposure). I don't know who or what I am becoming, but I would hate to undermine my potential persuasive power, and therefore, I want to make sure I carefully craft my internet face especially. I just don't know the mixture levels of fear, & a best for all desire to be effective. I need to find a stable sense of doing it for the right reason.

Another perspective I have and would like to share: I like the idea of remaining faceless, or anonymous and remain behind the scenes, sending messages through media: The fully shapeable communication medium.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to shape my self definition of consciousness by trying to guess what other's are thinking of me.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear negative judgement from other minds.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear being inferior.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to doubt myself as an effective leader.

joe kou

Re: Facework

Post by joe kou »

Daniel wrote:I've become more and more aware of the how my mind defines me as a mind. The meta-thoughts and trying to figure out how others are thinking of us, to place my importance/power/leverage in the context of other minds. I am usually pretty good about not doing that, thought my personality has been constructed around this thinking. I'm not at all obsessive about my image and how others perceive me, and I associated this with being present, not caring about what other's think of me.

Now, I'm thinking that presence should include the awareness of how other's perceive me. My justification is to be effective amongst the pool of MCSs.

The issue of my own, as well as Desteni's, appearance to the multitude of mind personalities is very important. The face of Desteni needs to be more widely acceptable, me thinks. :evil: :arrow: :mrgreen:
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/awful-l ... videos.php

So, my point is that when I actively guide my thoughts to the same place as they were going unconsciously but for a different reason, to ultimately serve best for all instead of my own self judgement, that it is, in fact, different.

The presentation of myself, I want to be refined and: effective,

Definition: productive, persuasive
Synonyms:
  • able, active, adequate, capable, cogent, compelling, competent, convincing, direct, effectual, efficacious, efficient, emphatic, energetic, forceful, forcible, having lead in pencil, impressive, live, moving, on the ball, operative, playing hardball, potent, powerful, powerhouse, practical, producing, resultant, serviceable, serving, sound, striking, sufficient, telling, trenchant, useful, valid, virtuous, wicked*, yielding
So you can imagine how I may have been so apprehensive about Vlogging, and even blogging (1st one today), and even posting in the forums (especially my first year of exposure). I don't know who or what I am becoming, but I would hate to undermine my potential persuasive power, and therefore, I want to make sure I carefully craft my internet face especially. I just don't know the mixture levels of fear, & a best for all desire to be effective. I need to find a stable sense of doing it for the right reason.

Another perspective I have and would like to share: I like the idea of remaining faceless, or anonymous and remain behind the scenes, sending messages through media: The fully shapeable communication medium.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to shape my self definition of consciousness by trying to guess what other's are thinking of me.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear negative judgement from other minds.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear being inferior.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to doubt myself as an effective leader.

thank you for opening up this point -

A suggestion is to look deeper into why it is that you seek to have and be such an expression of 'refined' and 'effective' and where there may still be separation or judgment/fear in terms of what you think others may see of yourself or desteni.

What i find is that it has nothing to do with others - or even the fear of others - but actually fear and judgments within self where self is intentionally holding self back because of not living up to some 'standard' or 'picture' of what self 'should be' - which actually indicates ego and self interest, where one creates reasons and excuses to not blog/vlog/share oneself.

So i suggest instead of trying to make self appear more acceptable to others, consider that this is still feeding the mind consciousness system within participating in judgments and comparisons and creating separate personalities to 'fit' those pictures.

What assisted me greatly were the following articles by Heath Ledger which give perspective on 'personality suits' -

The Digitalized Personification Suits of Personality Part One - Heath Ledger
The Digitalized Personification Suits of Personality Part Two - Heath Ledger

Maya

Post by Maya »

Hi Daniel, thanks for sharing.

Few consideration with regards your Self Forgiveness –
Daniel wrote: I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to shape my self definition of consciousness by trying to guess what other's are thinking of me.
It is suggested to always turn it back to self and see what and how self accepted and allowed self to participate with the same point self fear which in this example – fear of being judged.
Thus - there are 2 points to look at when you turn it back to self –
1. You participating with that which you fear others will do onto you. Meaning – you judge other people through having thoughts about them.
2. You judge yourself through other’s eyes.
This process is never about others but about SELF – make sure you stop participate in thoughts and being defined by other people in separation of you. Trying to change others or to understand other’s motives is but only a distraction wherein self alter self attention from self and direct it towards others instead of simply direct self.
Daniel wrote:I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear negative judgement from other minds.
Here you are saying that you fear the negative which means that you ‘fine’ with the positive. What you are actually saying is that you accept polarity to exist within you and within your world.
I would suggest to investigate the polarity point along with why do you fear being judged by others in continuance to the SF above.

Daniel wrote:I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear being inferior.
take a look – within the fear of being inferior, you already are existing as such. Thus, take a look of how you define inferiority and superiority. See how also here you allow polarity to exist. You fear being inferior which means that it is ‘fine’ by you to be superior. Both polarities are based on energy game that self plays with self in total separation from self.
Daniel wrote:I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to doubt myself as an effective leader.
Here I would suggest redefining the word leader to see what is your starting point with wanting to be an effective leader.

for future reference - please do not share here links in the nature of the link you've shared in this post. we are not interested in having this forum contained with hate speech/conspiracy that are originated by being's fear of change

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Thank you both.

Return to “Self-Forgiveness and Practical Application Questions and Perspectives”