Being satisfied with myself

Ask questions related to applying self forgiveness and walking self corrective application
Luka

Being satisfied with myself

Postby Luka » 30 Apr 2012, 08:41

Well, as we know, we have to self-forgive/delete the negative AND the positive feelings and emotions. Please tell me which are the positive feelings/emotions that we have to self-forgive. Is the feeling of ''being satisfied with myself', because I have done something well or removed some mindfuck' the feeling that should be self-forgiven? Is that the 'energetic feeling' that should be removed or not?

Anna

Re: Being satisfied with myself

Postby Anna » 19 May 2012, 11:11

Well, as we know, we have to self-forgive/delete the negative AND the positive feelings and emotions. Please tell me which are the positive feelings/emotions that we have to self-forgive. Is the feeling of ''being satisfied with myself', because I have done something well or removed some mindfuck' the feeling that should be self-forgiven? Is that the 'energetic feeling' that should be removed or not?
Yes that is a cool distinction to make for oneself - when we experience ourselves in relation to something/someone or where the experience is "more than", it is an energetic experience of/as polarity. Being satisfied with oneself can also simply be that one is actually physically satisfied, where there is no energetic feeling or experience of 'more than' attached to it. So if you have done something well, it can simply be that you're satisfied with yourself - however if you are satisfied because you experience that you are now 'more than' something/someone/yourself and an energetic experience is generated, this would be a relevant point to look at in terms of applying self-forgiveness.

Maya

Postby Maya » 20 May 2012, 07:08

So if you have done something well, it can simply be that you're satisfied with yourself
if one is satisfied from oneself because one has done something "well" than one is defining oneself according to what one do instead of living as Who one IS in everything that one do. Meaning, if someone feel satisfaction from something that one has done "well", one has separated oneself from oneself by defining self according to what one do. which than, question whether what one do was actual expression of Who one IS.
Also - When one feel/experience self satisfaction, it is always based on separation because there was something that cause the experience of satisfaction, one had to do something to feel satisfaction and if what one did didn't played out according to what one planned, one goes to the other polarity of not being satisfied.

SunetteSpies

Postby SunetteSpies » 26 Sep 2012, 21:38

Satisfaction is quite a tricky one, in that - what I have found with 'satisfaction' is especially where it originate from in school/education based on a "reward" for "doing well" / "completing a task well", and when/as I was praised I would have the experience of 'satisfaction', and then the 'satisfaction' became the motivation/drive for me to 'do well / complete a task well' to be able to get the reward, to again experience the 'satisfaction' to again be the motivation/drive for me to do well / complete the task well to get the reward, continuing this cycle over and over and over again.
BUT, what I had then experienced within this, is being driven/motivated by this experience of satisfaction, expecting recognition/an award for the work/task/assignment I had done/completed and when/as I did not get the reward/recognition, I dropped into a low/dissatisfaction, believing there's something wrong with me, that I hadn't done the task/work/assignment well enough / good enough - and dependent on a person's mind-physical relationship, the individual would thus either utilize the feedback and push themselves MORE and/or simply give up on themselves.
When, all the while it's the starting point we created in our relationship to ourselves, the word we do and the other person that praised/recognized/awarded us.

Thus, what I've self honestly found within satisfaction is simultaneously an expectation of recognition/award/praise, and I do that in my imagination and/or expect it in reality. Furthermore what I've found in 'satisfaction', is interestingly enough 'limitation'. Meaning, that - I would for example do the work/task/writing and then have the experience of 'satisfaction', in that 'satisfaction' tacitly implying for myself that the work I had done within the task is 'the best that I did/could be doing in the future', essentially imprinting into me my relationship to that task/work/writing as 'I'm satisfied', and that's it. In this, I would not motivate/push myself to expand on any of my abilities with completing a task/work/assignment as I have already set a referenced-limitation of 'I'm satisfied' in my past relationships to my work/writing/assignment and will then only remain/maintain that 'satisfaction'.

So, with self-satisfaction, I propose the following to consider - that, when doing a task/writing/assignment, to see what is asked of you / required to complete the task/assignment/writing, in that pushing yourself to completing it within the references asked of you. While doing this, to observe the Mind, not creating any expectations for reward/praise/recognition, but that you're really doing the work for YOU as a creation/extension of you. In this, when you're done - to go over it again in detail, whether more can be added/specified, essentially seeing your work as a creation of yourself you're busy with. Then - in the end, one may have an looking at it as a completion and be satisfied, but in that moment - let the satisfaction go, so that the satisfaction of this particular assignment/writing/task does not get superimposed on your next task/assignment/work, so that the next assignment/task/work would be a totally NEW moment/creation as Expression of self.

In this, thus - one ensure that one's relationship to what one do is not FOR others, but an actual reflection of self, and that one do not use satisfaction as a limitation, but that the satisfaction in the moment with what one is facing is "I've done it, I've completed it, I'm satisfied" - but let that moment be REAL, really realising that this is a part/manifestation of SELF and in that, one's relationship to what one do in writing, tasks / assignments establish an integrity and respect with the work/writing/assignment completed in/as one's relationship with self.

Maya

Postby Maya » 26 Sep 2012, 22:54

Very cool practical support.
Thanks Sunette.

Marlen

Postby Marlen » 27 Sep 2012, 04:57

when doing a task/writing/assignment, to see what is asked of you / required to complete the task/assignment/writing, in that pushing yourself to completing it within the references asked of you. While doing this, to observe the Mind, not creating any expectations for reward/praise/recognition, but that you're really doing the work for YOU as a creation/extension of you. In this, when you're done - to go over it again in detail, whether more can be added/specified, essentially seeing your work as a creation of yourself you're busy with. Then - in the end, one may have an looking at it as a completion and be satisfied, but in that moment - let the satisfaction go, so that the satisfaction of this particular assignment/writing/task does not get superimposed on your next task/assignment/work, so that the next assignment/task/work would be a totally NEW moment/creation as Expression of self.
Thanks for the explanation! Cool support here

Anna

Postby Anna » 27 Sep 2012, 07:58

Thanks.

KimKline

Postby KimKline » 27 Sep 2012, 15:57

Cool question Luka, I've often wondered the same! WIth school work especially, where I would go and look at my past grades as a pick-me-up for when I was feeling discouraged about my current work for worry that I would not get the same results. I see now the satisfaction I was experiencing from my past results was also creating the disatisfaction with my current work, where I needed to go and then look for that feeling to keep me going. Instead of applying myself equally within each task and project, within and as self-movement, as a continuously improving project. This way, if I do poorly, it is nothing more than an indicator of where I need to make an adjustment, and not a disatisfaction/failure. If I do well, I feel satisfied, I let it go, I move on. Very cool explanation Sunette, thanks!

Cathy

Postby Cathy » 27 Sep 2012, 16:31

Cool support here - Thanks

Return to “Self-Forgiveness and Practical Application Questions and Perspectives”